Her Royal Highness

My Landlady

 

AMBER’S POV

 

After the contract signing, the princess’ first command is to accompany them to shop for groceries.

 

We spent an hour going around the supermarket.

 

I am tasked to hold the trolley, and to pick every single item Krystal points at.

 

Aside from cooking and baking ingredients, she made me grab kilos and kilos of fruits, particularly mango. Now I know what her favorite fruit is.

 

Sulli and Luna kept chasing each other all over the place, adding items to the cart now and then. Victoria kept following them around like a mother afraid that her kids might break something.

 

During the whole hour I stayed alongside the princess, stealing glances at her from time to time. She looked so funny being all serious. She looks like she’s contemplating a difficult Math problem as she scrutinized the items on the shelves.

 

I honestly thought my arms will fall off as I carried everything we bought to the apartment. I was sweating and panting because of the weight. Victoria offered to help but Krystal stopped her.

 

She’s really serious with this enslavement thing. (Sigh)

 

When we arrived, I had to help Krystal cook. I assisted her in every way I can. My mouth is watering with the scent of the feast she prepared.

 

I thought I could eat together with them, but no. I was tasked to be a waiter. Figures.

 

I am now standing on the side while watching the four of them savor their meal.

 

Urgh. ..

 

I could tell that my board mates loved the meal Krystal cooked. My own stomach is grumbling just by the smell of the food and the sight of them obviously enjoying every mouthful of it.

 

Occasionally, they’d stole a pitiful glance at me. Luna already asked Krystal to let me join in but she just ignored her and concentrated on consuming the food instead.

 

“Come on Soojung. Just let her join in.Your servant looks starving.” Victoria tried once again.

 

“Yeah Jung. Look at her! She’s drooling.” Sulli seconded.

 

I don’t understand what they’re saying but by the look they’re giving me I’m sure they’re trying to convince the landlady once more. I noticed how Krystal paused from eating when she heard what the two said, but resumed munching seconds after like she did not hear a thing.

 

“Yah Krystal chew slowly or you’ll choke yourself!” Luna warned.

 

Why is Krystal speeding up in munching her food? I got worried that I was about to tell her to slow down too.

 

“I’m finished.”

 

Krystal stood up and left the table.

 

“Hey Amber, that’s your cue. Come here. Join us.” Luna called out.

 

“R-Really? B-but Krystal did not say that I could.”

 

“Isn’t it customary that servants eat after their masters are done eating?”

 

“I guess so.”

 

“Then come.”

 

I was really hungry and Krystal was nowhere in sight so I gave in.

 

Holy the food is super delicious! Krystal is definitely a great cook.

 

“Servant!”

 

I almost choked on what I just chewed when I saw the princess reappear with her arms crossed.

 

“When you’re done, wash the dishes.”

 

Damn. This sure is going to be a tough ride, Amber.

 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

It’s been a week. My welcome party got postponed since the other boarders weren’t available. It is moved this Saturday night.

 

Tomorrow night, that is.

 

Luna told me they’ll handle everything and just told me to prepare myself. She and Sulli frequently visits Krystal during their free time and I got to know them better. They are really very bubbly and talkative, which is quite the opposite of their bestfriend, who is now my royal highness, Princess Krystal Jung.

 

Poor me.

 

During their visits, when Sulli chats with Krystal, Luna keeps me occupied by teaching me basic Korean words. I’m having a hard time memorizing what she teaches me though, since Krystal always disturbs my language session with Luna with her incessant commands. Sometimes I feel that she’s doing it on purpose. Aissh, really.

 

Why I got to spend my time with them?

 

It’s because this whole week I’m stuck to the princess like glue. And I got no choice in the matter since I’m bound by a ridiculous contract.

 

Believe me; this week had been really challenging and exhausting.

 

Every single day, Krystal calls my cell phone at five in the morning to wake me up. I’m not a morning person so it has been hard. My phone won’t stop ringing until I answer her back.

 

One time when I deliberately put my phone in silent mode, she settled on breaking my eardrums through the incessant chiming of my doorbell.

 

When will this torture end?

 

During the last seven days, my life revolved around a routine of unending tasks.

 

First, prepare her morning coffee.

 

Oh, scratch that. My first duty is to greet her a good morning. The coffee comes next.

 

Then . . .

 

Make her bed.

 

Clean her unit. (And by clean, I mean spotless. No dust or any sort of grime. Or else I’m doomed.)

 

Do her laundry.

 

Tend the garden.

 

Assist her in cooking and baking.

 

Even keep her company while she’s working papers on her office.

 

The list goes on… and on… and on…

 

Yes I have no right to complain.

 

No right to ask.

 

No right whatsoever.

 

But she’s driving me crazy.

 

She never runs out of orders!

 

It seems to me that she takes great pleasure in ordering me around.

 

I literally spend all my time with her. I have never found time to tour around Seoul, enroll in a Korean language class like I planned before, or even meet the other lady boarders.

 

Aissh.

 

Right now, I’m doing overtime. It’s already evening but I still can’t retreat to my unit since she told me to stay for a while.

 

The princess is currently watching her favorite drama while I am massaging her foot.

 

“Ow!”

 

Hehe. Guess I massaged it too hard.

 

“Are you doing that on purpose? That was the third time already Josephine. I’m warning you.”

 

Yeah she loves calling me Josephine just because I hated it.

 

“No I’m really not, princess.”

 

“Hmmmph! I’m not stupid. You’re really doing it on purpose.”

 

“------------------”

 

“Okay that’s enough. Go get me a glass of water.”

 

That’s when I remembered I had to tell her something.

 

“Uh… Krys—Princess. I have to remind you. I’m starting work in three weeks. So. . . I can’t be your servant past that right? I’ll be busy with my job, you know.”

 

“I know. Jackie told me.”

 

Aissh, my traitor of a sister. When she knew about this mess I got myself into, she ran off to Krystal and without second thoughts gave her blessing. Urghh.

 

“Then you understand that I can’t—”

 

“You can still be my servant in your free time.”

 

“Wha-what?”

 

“I’m still not satisfied, Josephine. I still haven’t forgiven you completely, yet.”

 

Sigh. I feel guilty all over again.

 

“Okay, princess.”

 

“Are you ready for tomorrow night?” She asked, her eyes still directed on the television.

 

“You mean the party?”

 

“Yeah. The girls are­ all excited to meet you.”

 

“Hmm think so.”

 

“Can I ask you something personal Amber?”

 

Wow. Why is she being so shy right now? She even called me Amber.

 

She’s normally very bold and straightforward in talking to me but now she’s hesitant and being coy.

 

How cute.

 

“Sure, princess. You can.” I smiled to her when she turned to look at me.

 

She immediately peeled her eyes away from mine when we had eye contact and returned to watching television.

 

Is she blushing? My grin went wider. This side of Krystal is so cute.

 

“Do you. uh. . .Do you like, uhmm,  girls? You know. As in “like”. It’s just that you dress up like a guy and you really look like one. And uh… And Yuri even told me she thinks you do. I mean. Aissh! Just forget it! It doesn’t even concern me.”

 

Oh my she’s stuttering badly. And she had never even stuttered before!

 

Seeing the different sides of Krystal aside from her icy exterior somehow makes me happy inside. It makes being her slave worth it. Well, aside from getting to eat her exquisite dishes. hehe

 

Moments like this are worth capturing in a video camera. ‘The ice princess Krystal Jung is stuttering!’ That would be a perfect title. hehe

 

“Yah! Stop grinning like an idiot!” She shouted when she found me all-smiles.

 

“Hehe. Sorry. It’s just that you look so cute.”

 

Krystal immediately stood up and muttered something under her breath. She then turned off the television and without sparing even a glance at me, marched towards her bedroom.

 

“Hey princess wait! Don’t you want to know my answer?”

 

Without turning around to face me, she replied, “Just forget it! Go back to your room right this instance.”

 

Maybe it won’t hurt if I disobey her just this once.

 

I moved towards her instead of going for the door.

 

She flinched.

 

“S-Stay there!”

 

“Uhm. I just want to answer your question, princess. You asked me so I should answer, right?”

 

She just shrugged her shoulders like she’s no longer interested at all.

 

“Yah princess! Will you turn around and face me?”

 

She turned around. Her face is back to icy-normal, expressionless mode.

 

“Alright dork. But know that I’m no longer interested in what you’re going to say. And don’t you misunderstand. It’s just that being the landlady of an all-ladies apartment, I just feel like I have to know.”

 

“O-Okay.” This side of her, I guess I won’t get used to so easily. It’s scary. “I never liked girls, princess. Bu---”

 

“Roger that. Now go to sleep, Josephine.”

 

She cut me from continuing what I was about to say and walked briskly towards her room. 

 

 

-----<3

Hello! Updated in a flash, so sorry for any mistakes whatsoever!:)

Thank you for those who just came across this fic and subscribed. And to all of you my faithful readers-subscribers-upvoters-commenters!

You give me the needed vigor to continue writing. So thank youuuuuu..<3

 

I'm so excited for the party. How 'bout you? (Author smirking here) kekekeke x)