The Real Ones

My Landlady

(Note: The conversations in this chap are all in Korean, okie? Okie. So here goes...)

 

“Jung!”

“Soojungie!”

“Soojung-ah!”

 

The loud and vibrant greetings of three women filled the landlady’s loft at the wee hours of the morning.

 

The incessant ringing of the doorbell is indeed more effective in pulling Krystal out of the realms of slumber than the setting-off of the alarm clock. She groaned in despair. She just dozed off an hour ago, which means she only had a measly one-hour sleep.

 

She flashed back a forced smile at the sight of her three best friends. The eldest of the three noticed the strained expression. Before she can mention it, however, the youngest of the three wrapped Krystal in a tight embrace, literally squeezing the life out of her.

 

“Su-Sul. C-can’t bre-breathe…”

 

The giant baby released her at once, held both her hands, and showed her her cutest pout.

 

“But I missed you so much Jung!”

 

“Yah! We only live a few feet away.” Krystal replied, still catching her breath.

 

“But the three of us had been so busy that we haven’t hang out with you for a week…  A WEEK JUNG!”

 

Krystal can only heave a defeated sigh when Sulli hugged her again like a lovesick koala. At least it’s not that tight and she can breathe now, unlike earlier.

 

“Soojung, are you okay? You look unwell.” Victoria asked with motherly concern.

 

“Umma, you three interrupted my sleep. I just woke up. Of course I won’t look well.”

 

“You know what I mean, Soojung.”

 

“Don’t worry Vic-umma. I’m okay. Just tired that’s all.”

 

Sulli let go and observed the maknae’s face. Luna stood beside Sulli, joining in on the latter’s facial examination.

 

“Yah! Cut the staring. I’m really fine.” Krystal covered her face with her hands.

 

“But you look like you haven’t slept a wink.” Sulli said.

 

“Your eyes are so red and puffy.” Luna seconded.

 

“Have you been crying Soojung?” Victoria added.

 

“It’s really nothing guys. I guess I had a nightmare last night and cried in my sleep. Hahaha.” The maknae laughed uneasily, but the trio can’t be fooled. They know her so well.

 

“Who made you cry Jung? I’ll chop whoever that is to pieces! Noone makes my wifey cry!” Sulli declared with fire in her eyes.

 

“I’ll help you with that Sul. You’ll need a partner in crime to successfully do that. Count me in!” Luna stretched her right hand, which Sulli shook vigorously in agreement.

 

Victoria can only laugh at the two’s childishness.

 

Krystal can’t help but let out a faint chuckle.

 

Their liveliness is like a breath of fresh air to her otherwise suffocating world.

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

Victoria, Luna and Sulli have been with her through thick and thin. When she lost her family and everything else except the apartment, they were the only ones who remained true to her, helping her rise through it all like only real friends would.

 

Everybody else, including those who openly told her before the tragedy that they will stick with her no matter what, deserted her, erasing her existence from their luxurious lives like it was the most obvious decision in the world.

 

Though the trio came from well-off clans, they decided to live their lives independently and make a name for themselves. Their families had always been very supportive of their decisions.

 

Victoria is a dance trainor at SM Entertainment, the biggest talent agency in South Korea, where Luna and Sulli are currently training to hopefully debut and be big stars someday.

 

They had moved out of their homes and occupied three units in Krystal’s apartment since their friend took over the rental business.

 

For Krystal, they are the closest to family she has left.

 

 

The four of them are now plopped on the sofa, chatting about their recent activities.

 

“Jung… Have you made any dessert? I’m craving for your sweets. The unnies told me you baked a chocolate cake two days ago. Come on give me a piece.” Sulli suddenly switched their current topic, which revolved around the latest K-Pop celebrity gossip, to her favorite topic, food.

 

“Yeah… I’m starved Soojungie. I need a taste of your cooking, especially your baked goodness. Yum yum!” Luna chimed in, wetting her lips at the thought of satisfying her hunger with Krystal’s mouth-watering recipes.

 

“Children, behave!” Victoria warned the two, who is now clinging to each of Krystal’s arms, pulling her towards the kitchen.

 

Krystal tried to free herself, eventually stopping their advance when she voiced out, “Sorry but my ingredients have ran out, guys. So if you really want me to cook something for you, then accompany me to shop for groceries.”

 

The two immediately let go, the sudden action leaving Krystal swaying out of needed balance. Victoria, who is as fast as she’s flexible, helped her regain balance before she stumbles.

 

“DEAL!” Luna and Sulli happily proclaimed.

 

“Let me take a quick shower first before we go, ‘kay?”

 

“Okay, go go go!” The two pushed her to the bathroom.

 

 

>After twenty minutes,

 

The trio are sitting on the couch, flipping through magazines.

 

Krystal just came out fresh and clean, wearing a simple shirt and black skinny jeans but still looking as gorgeous as ever,

 

When the doorbell rang.

 

“Let me take it!” Victoria shot up and volunteered.

 

Krystal sat beside Sulli, who is sniffing her like a puppy and asking her what shampoo she uses.

 

“Hey Soojung! A guy is looking for you. I don’t understand what he’s saying. I’m letting him in, okay? He looks tame.” Victoria shouted from the door.

 

Krystal only hummed in response, checking her cellphone for messages.

 

“OMO! A  guy?” Sulli asked.

 

“Soojung, don’t tell me you got yourself a boyfriend! You didn’t tell us! I thought we’re your bestfriends!” Luna cried out.

 

“What? Of course not. Maybe it’s the repairman. I need some things fixed and upgraded.”Krystal replied nonchalantly. “And Yuri won’t just let any guy in. You know that.”

 

Victoria went back to them with someone trailing behind. When the visitor came into view, the other three felt the temperature drop.

 

Krystal’s ice-princess mode is to the highest degree.

 

 

 

-----<3

I'm so overwhelmed with the comments I received from you, my lovely subscribers, that I told myself I need to post an update right away. So I wrote the chapter in a jiffy and updated w/o hesitation.

So. . . Victoria, Luna, and Sulli are here! ^_^

And because I missed you, maybe I'll add in the next chapter later...

 

 

Hmmmm...

Who's the guy?

I bet you already know, right?

Who else! kekeke