Anything for You

My Landlady

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

 

Luna and Sulli are squealing and giggling like crazy, believing that the guy they see in front of them, who is now fumbling nervously with something behind his back, is who they think he is.

 

They were already immune to Krystal’s ice-princess form, which is why they just shrugged off the sudden mood change of the latter. All they care about as of the moment is the presence of this guy who could possibly and probably have hit Soojung’s cold and desolate heart with Cupid’s flaming arrow.

 

“Oh my God Jung he’s so cute!”

 

“And so handsome!”

 

“Who is he, Jung?”

 

“Since when are you two seeing each other?”

 

It was only when Victoria motioned for them to shut up and to move towards her in a corner of the room that they stopped their blabbering. Sulli and Luna complied at once, seeing the rather serious look in their Vic-umma’s face.

 

When the three are now huddled close together, the eldest whispered, “You two were so noisy. Look! I think they forgot our existence here. Better give them some space.”

 

Victoria was right. Krystal and the “guy” is looking at each other squarely, the former piercing sharp glares while the latter was emitting a wretched aura.

 

“But I want to know what’s going on, umma. Can we listen in? We won’t bother them, promise!”

 

“Alright, but stay close to me, and lower your voices. keke.”

 

 

Krystal stood up and folded her arms without breaking eye contact with the other person.

 

The atmosphere between the two seems so intense that the three girls at the corner grew even more curious at their meaningful stare-off.

 

“What do you want?” Krystal was the one who put an end to the ear-splitting silence.

 

Sulli asked Luna to translate what the two is talking about, since the latter is the only one of the three who can understand a great deal of English. They are now talking to each other in whispers.

 

 It seems the other two are lost in their own little world.

 

“If you want to return the room key, then just leave it on the table.” Krystal continued. Her voice thundering with sheer audacity.

 

“Uh… N-no. I’m here to apologize, Krystal. About what I said yesterday. I’m really—”

 

“Miss Jung. That’s Miss Jung for you. Don’t call me Krystal.”

 

“Oh… Okay. I understand you’re mad at me. Uh, this is for you, miss Jung.” Amber extended the hand she’s hiding behind her back, revealing to Krystal, and to the three pairs of vigilant eyes in the corner, a bouquet of fresh roses.

 

Sulli let out a squeal which Luna muffled by covering the former’s mouth with the palm of her hand.

Krystal did not look amused, however. If possible, her iciness even switched a notch higher.

 

“Are you trying to kill me?”

 

“O-Of course not, Miss Jung. Why are you saying that?”

 

“Then throw that away.”

 

“Oh. Al-Alright. I thought you would like flo-”

 

“I’m allergic to pollens, stupid!”

 

“Oh. Haha. Right away, Miss Jung.”

 

At the speed of light, the tomboy threw the flowers in the trash bin outside the loft and came back breathless.

 

Still catching her breath, Amber looked at Krystal again, a faint and nervous smile forming on her lips.

 

Krystal looked away. If eyes can speak, Amber’s have been saying a thousand “I’m sorrys” to her. She felt lightheaded, and she didn’t like it one bit.

 

“Uhm… I didn’t know you’re allergic. I’m sorry. I know. I’m stupid.”

 

Krystal stayed silent.

 

“Miss Jung… I know I hurt you. I didn’t mean to. I was… Damn it. I went way out of line. I didn’t know.”

 

“Did Jackie tell you about my past?”

 

“Y-yes…”

 

Amber hang her head low. She is ashamed of herself. She barely slept. What Jackie revealed to her kept replaying over and over again in her head last night.

 

“I don’t need your pity.”

 

“I’m---I’m not apologizing out of pity, Miss Jung. Even without Jackie telling me, I’d still feel bad. When I saw you cry, I---”

 

“I did not cry.”

 

“B-but you were…”

 

“I wasn’t crying. There—something just got in my eyes. Why would I even let someone who barely knows me make me cry, right?”

 

Amber knows Krystal is lying, but she understands why. The landlady does not want her to know how vulnerable she really is despite her stone-hard outer shell.

 

 

“O-okay… But still, I’m sorry Krys, er Miss Jung. If you let me, I would love to stay here in your apartment.”

 

Krystal raised a brow.

 

“Your unit has already been paid for a month. So you can stay if you want to. It’s not like I have a choice.”

 

“Th-thanks. If… If there’s anything I can do to make you forgive me. Anything. I will do it. Really. . .  If you want me to.”

 

Krystal can feel the sincerity in the tomboy’s words. She even finds her stuttering endearing, but she would not admit it to herself.

 

She thought forgiving the latter would be difficult, for she opened wounds that have never really completely healed. But seeing Amber like this-----------sad, nervous, worried, remorseful------------tugged at her heart’s strings.

 

She realized she could not stay mad at the other for long, not when she’s like this.

 

 

“Ooooooohhhh. How sweet! Just forgive the poor guy, Soojungie.”

 

 

Luna’s voice pulled her away from her train of thoughts. She had spaced out too long. Amber is standing awkwardly in front of her, trying to discern what she’s thinking.

 

“NO Jung! He made you cry, so he has to do something to pay back for the tears he caused you.” Sulli cut in.

 

“What do you say, Soojung?” Victoria asked.

 

Aissh. Krystal mentally cursed at herself. She forgot her three best friends are here the whole freaking time! They’ve seen and heard every single thing. She shifted uncomfortably. 

 

“Uhm... Guys, this is our new tenant, Amber Josephine Liu. She is Jackie’s sister. Miss Liu, this is Victoria Song, Luna Park, and Sulli Choi. They're also renting here."

 

The three took turns to shake the tomboy’s hands.

 

It took a few seconds for realization to hit in.

 

“WHAAAAAAAT?! She’s a girl?” The trio asked at the same time.

 

“Uh… Hello. Yes. I am.” Amber admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of her head.

 

She’s mentally jumping in joy. Has Krystal already forgiven her? The landlady is smiling now; her iciness had faded away. Amber couldn’t help but gawk at her admiringly.

 

“Jung, let’s organize a welcome party for Amber. So she’d meet the others too!”

 

“Great idea, Choi Jinri!” Luna high-fived the other.

 

“Alright. BUT!”

 

“Don’t worry Soojung-ah! We know what you’re going to say. We’ll set up everything, okay? We’ll just rent the function hall.” Victoria cut in.

 

“When will it be umma?”

 

“If the others are okay with it, then maybe tomorrow night.”

 

Luna happily relayed the message to Amber, who just nodded absentmindedly to everything. She was too absorbed with staring at Krystal who is still smiling.

 

‘She’s so cute when she smiles.’.

 

‘I want to see her smile like this always.’ Amber thought to herself.

 

Seeing Krystal’s smile made curve into a smile too.

 

Her own grin dissipated, however, when Krystal turned to her and frowned.

 

“I still don’t forgive you, dork.” Oh, so much for make-believe.

 

“Sulli’s right.” Krystal continued. “Since you said it so yourself, that you’d do anything...”

 

“Yes. I am willing to do anything. Whatever it takes. Just so you’ll forgive me, Miss Jung.”

 

“Then. . . Call me Krystal.”

 

“That’s---That’s it?”

 

“Of course not.”

 

“Then what is your command, princess?”

 

“I beg your pardon?” Krystal felt her face heat up. Aisssh. Stupid!

 

“Aha... I didn’t know what came over me. Sorry Miss Jung, er, Krystal.”

 

. Amber mentally facepalmed herself.

 

Stupid mouth. Stupid brain. Why the hell are you malfunctioning right now?

 

The landlady had just told her she can call her by her first name, and here she is already taking it to the next level.

 

The next level? Good gracious.

 

Her brain is really malfunctioning, no doubt.

 

“S’okay. So... Call me princess from now on.” Krystal regretted the moment she blurted the words, but then a light bulb flicked in her head.

 

“Re-Really?”

 

Amber couldn’t believe it. Does this mean they’re friends now, since she can even address her the way she wants to? She inwardly giggled at the thought.

 

But she did not expect the landlady’s next words.

 

“Yes. Because from now on, Amber Josephine Liu, you’re my servant.”

 

 

 

 

 

-----<3

 

Here's the update. ^_^

Kryber is now okay. Yaaaaaaaaaay!

And they are now living up to their name, the princess and the servant. hahaha!

Welcome party for Amber is next, so stay tuned.

Oh. I need your suggestions, btw.

Who would you like to be the other lady boarders of landlady Jung?

Thank you. :)