Lovely Ladies

My Landlady

 

Author's Note: Italics mean in Korean..Thank you. Read on... :)

 

AMBER'S POV

 

“Princess, aren’t you done yet?”

 

I am fully dressed and ready for the party. I’m wearing a white camisole, a black vest, skin-tight jeans and ankle-high boots. Right now I’m merely waiting for the landlady to come out of her bedroom door so we could go to the function hall together. It’s already a quarter to seven in the evening, only fifteen minutes before my so-called “welcome” bash officially begins.

 

Needless to say, I’m getting really, really impatient.

 

She was the one who told me to be prepped at five, which is why I’m here sitting in the couch since two hours ago, waiting for her like the devoted servant that I am. But I’m at the edge of my endurance now. What’s taking her so long?

 

“Princess? Are you done already?” I asked again when I heard no reply.

 

“CAN YOU STOP ASKING EVERY DAMN MINUTE JOSEPHINE! I CAN'T CONCENTRATE IN CHOOSING WHAT TO WEAR!” Krystal’s thundering response almost broke my eardrums.

 

Tsk tsk. Girls… It’s not like I’m not a girl myself, but when I dress up for a party it only takes half an hour or maybe even less. So she is still selecting her outfit. I face palmed myself and heaved a deep sigh.

 

Being someone’s slave is really such a pain.

 

“I can help you choose if you want. We’re going to be late, princess!” I asked her as I stood at the door of her boudoir. I knocked as if signaling I’m going to enter.

 

“JOSEPHINE DON’T YOU DARE COME IN! I’M BARE-!”

 

I was about to turn the doorknob when she said that. My face suddenly turned hot. I don’t know why but the thought of Krystal without anything on made me feel extremely uneasy. So, without further ado, I swiftly went back to my previous position, which is being plopped down on the living room couch.

 

“Hyung!”

 

I did not even notice Sulli come in. She is the only one who calls me by that nickname. Luna told me it’s how you refer to an older brother in Korean. But I’m a girl though! Aissh. I guess it’s okay. At least it doesn’t mean anything close to ‘servant’ or ‘slave’.

 

“Hey Sulli.”

 

“Hyung? Yoor pace, soo red! Waeyo?”

 

“Ah-haha. It’s nothing.” I waved my hands in front of her face, trying to obstruct her view. I don’t even know why I’m blushing.

 

“Hyung! Come. Partishhhhhh!” I bet she meant party because she said that while doing a crazy dance move which made me chuckle in amusement.

 

I gave her a thumbs up but gestured to the landlady’s bedroom to signal that I’m waiting for the latter. But I guess she did not get what I meant since she then clung to my arm and started dragging me outside. I tried to pull us back but she only dragged me more forcefully.

 

Let’s go hyung everybody’s there already. Luna is coming for Krystal!” I don’t understand what she mumbled but it has something to do with me, Luna, and the princess.

 

The princess.

 

Oh God I left her behind.

 

I hope she won’t mind.

 

 

KRYSTAL'S POV

 

I looked at the mirror one last time before I went out my room.

 

“Josephine. Do I look okay?” I asked the figure who is seated on the couch, her back turned to me.

 

“Yeah, absolutely gorgeous as ever Soojungie.” I was surprised when it was Luna who turned her head.

 

“Lu-luna unnie? Where’s Amber?”

 

“She’s already there. Come on, let’s go!”

 

Amber left ahead of me.

 

“What’s with the disappointed look Soojung?” Luna giggled.

 

“Nothing. Come on.”

 

That servant of mine is so dead.

 

 

AMBER'S POV

 

“WELCOME AMBER!”

 

I was very surprised when the moment I stepped inside the lavishly decorated hall with a dragging Sulli, I was greeted with a confetti popper and the smiling faces of seven lovely ladies.  Yes, they’re all really good-looking. They could easily pass up as K-POP celebrities.

 

“Hey sis where’s Krystal?” My sister suddenly popped out from the back along with Victoria.

 

“Huh? Oh she’s---”

 

I was cut off when the seven other girls begun talking about me all at once.

 

“Oh Jackie your sister is so cute!”

 

“She’s so adorable, Jack!”

 

“Is she really a girl? For a girl, she’s handsome!”

 

“No she’s not that manly-looking but she’s definitely charming!”

 

“She’s not handsome guys. She’s beautiful, can’t you see?”

 

“Yeah she looks feminine but her boyish features definitely make her stand out!”

 

“And the way she dresses, so cool!”

 

I can’t help but feel shy with the flood of praises. I think all of them can speak English. That’s comforting. Only Victoria and Sulli are on the English-learning phase I guess.

 

“Yah! Cut it girls. Introduce yourselves one by one first before this sister of mine faints with all your compliments.”

 

They all immediately formed a horizontal line in front of me. From left to right, each of them took turns to step forward and introduce themselves.

 

“Hello I’m Taeyeon. I’m a Math teacher. Nice to meet you Amber.” I shook her hand. She seriously looks like a little kid, no offense meant. I just didn’t expect she’d be a mathematics professor. How cool is that? I mean, for a midget, that’s awesome.

 

“Hi. I’m Tiffany, Taeyeon’s roommate. Tae-tae and I just got back this afternoon from the university faculty one-week excursion. I’m an English professor by the way. Most boarders here learned to speak English from my private tutorials. And before I forget, I’m the queen of eye-smiles! Hehehe” She’s not kidding. Her eye-smile is quite an eye-catcher.

 

“Yow, Hyoyeon here. I’m a dance instructor in SM Entertainment. Just got back here in the apartment yesterday. Went on vacation leave. Hahaha. It’s great to finally meet you.” Oh. She’s also a dance instructor like Victoria.

 

“Hello Amber! I’m Sunny. I’m the cutest!” Well, can’t argue to that. Gosh, she’s smaller than that midget earlier. I can’t believe these two are already young adults. They seriously look like kids to me. No offense to that, again. Aissh.

 

“Hi. Pleased to meet you Amber. I’m Seohyun. I love watching cartoons and taking loooong baths. How about you?”

 

“Me? Uhm… I love playing video games and taking short showers. Ehe” I answered. She laughed heartily in response.

 

“Hi Amber. I’m Yoona. I may not look like it, but I’m the strongest of all. And I look a bit like Krystal, don’t you think?” She winked. Yeah I admit they look like sisters. But they differ in some aspects. I prefer the princess, of course.

 

“Hey. I’m Sooyoung. I’m the number 1 shikshin and I’m proud of it. Now can we please skip all the chitchat and eat? I’m starving already. You don’t mind Amber, do you?”

 

“Uh… No. S’okay. But what does “shishik” mean?” I asked timidly while scratching the back of my head.

 

All of them burst out laughing.

 

I got the word wrong, didn’t I? Aissh…

 

“It’s ‘shikshin’, stupid. Means ‘food goddess’. Our Sooyoung here is a big eater.” 

 

I instantly turned around when I recognized the owner of that voice, only  to see Krystal behind me with a sly smile plastered on her face.

 

I was awestruck straight away. I should have waited for her. Waiting for her earlier would have been a thousand times worth it, if that means I’d be the first to see her with that outfit on. She’s wearing a figure-hugging one-shoulder white dress with a studded belt and high-heeled pumps. It is a simple overall look but it made her look really ravishing and elegant. The other girls rained her with compliments, which she bashfully dismissed.

 

“Oh. Uhm… H-hi princess. I’m so sorry I went ahead. You see, Sulli dragged me here. You, by the way, you look b---”

 

“Come on everyone let’s eat.” Krystal interrupted me and walked over to the buffet table at the side of the party area.

 

Aissh. She really likes stopping me from continuing what I’m set to say.

 

Sooyoung clapped her hands and began screeching merrily.

 

“Yaaaaay, food food food! Let’s finish eating fast so the new boarder’s initiation can begin! I’m so excited if she ca--mnmmmpphft” Luna, who is standing beside her, immediately covered with the palm of her hand. The other girls all looked at my direction nervously.

 

What’s up with them?

 

 

-----<3

 

Hello everyone! OMO I have reached a hundred subscribers already! Thank you so so much. My heart feels bloated with gratitude.

Sorry you had to wait a week for this update. Been busy with employment requirements and so-so.

This fic still has  a long way to go. So kindly stick with me, arasso?

So… It’s all from SNSD. <3

But there will be a few more… to come. Not necessarily going to be Princess’ boarders. Keke.

So stay tuned. See yah!

 

What’s up with the girls, by the way?

Something. Smells. Fishy.  x)