Reunion Like No Other

My Landlady

 

As soon as the door to the loft opened, Jessica quickly and quietly strode inside.

 

She roughly shoved past her girlfriend who resisted her entrance at first, almost knocking the helpless security guard down.

 

The throng of ladies followed closely like a pack of hungry wolves. Their sleepiness is far gone. Drama is soon to unfold and it would be too bad to miss it.

 

And so the apartment occupants soundlessly flocked inside, following the older Jung's lead.

 

The loft was eerily silent though.

 

The living room, spic and span and neatly rearranged, clamoured for their attention. But it was the closed door of the landlady’s bedroom that held everyone’s interest.

 

The older Jung tiptoed towards her sister’s boudoir, and when she was already standing inches away from the door, she leaned her head into it and listened.

 

Nobody breathed.

 

The clock on the wall was the only sound to be heard.

 

So they waited and waited and...

 

“Am...”

 

It was a whisper almost inaudible, but Jessica’s ears registered it as clear as crystal. There was some edge in the voice-- a pleading, imploring tone that greatly alarmed the older Jung.

 

Her sister, Soojung, could be in some kind of pain. Maybe she couldn’t scream it out because she had no choice. Maybe Amber put her under a spell or something. Or maybe she was threatened or blackmailed or---these horrid thoughts rushed through her head all at once.

 

A dreadful scenario in mind, her hands did not hesitate to turn the door’s knob and barge right in. But the moment she stepped in and had a clear view of what’s going on behind the closed door, "MY GOD.”

 

Jessica’s eyes grew wide at the scene in front of her. The llama-looking idiot is hovering on top of her baby sister, their eyes locked into each other in a passionate gaze, their cheeks both flushed, their breathing ragged, and their lips all red and swollen.

 

It was plain obvious that they had been kissing, if not making out.

 

On impulse, Jessica threw what she can grab at the moment. A high-heeled sandal was taken hastily out of her foot and was flung straight towards the head of the idiot.

 

"Ow!"

 

Amber was thrown back unto the side of the bed, groaning at the unwelcome sensation in her jaw. The tip of the five-inch monster left a cut on her lips.

 

“YOU ERT! GET OFF MY SISTER OR I’LL KILL YOU!” Jessica was about to jump and wrestle down the poor tomboy, had she not been held back strongly by Yuri and Victoria, locking her fleeing body with their toned arms.

 

“I SWEAR TO GOD I’LL KILL YOU! HOW DARE YOU LAY A HAND ON MY SISTER! LET GO OF ME! I’M GOING TO WRING THAT BASTARD’S NECK!” Jessica bellowed.

 

Krystal, who had been frozen for some seconds, was taken back to reality upon seeing her servant’s lips bleeding.

 

But it was a voice, screeching and dolphin-like but all too familiar, that sent her head cocking to the side.

 

And she saw her again, at last.

 

Jessica.

 

“Un-unnie?!” Krystal’s surprised call came out muffled, trembling.

 

She hastily pulled herself up and almost began to run towards the screaming blonde lady. Almost.

 

Krystal paused as if remembering something of far more importance, and to the awe of everyone in the room-- her lady boarders, her security guard, and her sister included, she went back to Amber, lifting the latter’s bowed head and inspecting the cut on her lip.

 

She exhaled in relief at seeing that it wasn’t a serious injury after all, though she was sure it hurt like hell.

 

Soojung stared at her servant worriedly and back at her sister who was starting to calm down at the realization that maybe Miss Song was indeed right this time. Her sister sure looks like she fell hard for the llama-looking idiot, even ignoring her and coming to the tomboy’s aid at a time like this.

 

“I’m okay princess. You should go talk to her.”Amber said, smiling. She was beyond surprised and silently flattered at how Krystal went to her aid first when her older sister is finally only just a few steps away.

 

Krystal gently wiped the blood from the small cut with her thumb.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Amber nodded, still smiling like an idiot.

 

What Krystal did next almost made the girls pass out.

 

She tenderly pecked the tomboy’s lips and, turning her head to Jessica, flashed her most intimidating glare.

 

“Unnie, you’ve got a lot of explaining to do. But first, apologize to my girlfriend.”

 

Jessica, all the drama washing over her, fell down the floor and broke out in sobs.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry... Soojungie I’m so sorry...” She sniffed and bawled like a child.

 

Krystal felt sorry and ran towards her like she was set to do at first, enveloping the older girl in a tight embrace and ending up crying with her on the floor.

 

“Unnie...” Krystal whimpered, “I miss you.”

 

“I’m sorry Soojungie. Can you still forgive me after all this time?” Jessica sniffed regrettably.

 

“You better not leave me again or else.”

 

“Or else?”

 

“Or else I’ll never forgive you.”

 

Jessica chuckled.

 

“You’re still my baby sister after all, icy and snappy as before.”

 

Krystal giggled.

 

A few minutes later they both laughed like mad, happy to be reunited once again. Jessica rained kisses on her sister’s face, making Krystal crunch her nose in pretend disgust.

 

“Yah you forgot to say sorry to my girlfriend.”

 

“Sorry.” Jessica uttered half-heartedly.

 

“Unnie!” Krystal scolded.

 

“Since when did you even like girls?” Jessica teased.

 

Yuri ushered everybody else out of the loft, including an annoyed Ailee who wanted to ask Amber whether she really is now the landlady’s girlfriend. She couldn’t believe she already lost her target on the first night of her devious master plan. Tough luck really.

 

Amber, seeing everybody else walking out to give the two sisters some due time alone for catching and patching up, stood up and slowly walked past the two, still afraid that Jessica might maniacally throw the other shoe at her.

 

Krystal saw Amber almost getting away out of the corner of her eye and hastily grabbed her arm.

 

“Stay.”

 

“But you two need to talk with each other.”

 

Krystal would take none of it and pulled Amber closer towards her side. Jessica casted her death glare on the tomboy, a glare she instantly changed into the sweetest smile when Krystal looked her way.

 

“Amber, this is Jessica, my older sister, my only sibling. Unnie, this is Amber, my...Like I said earlier after you barged into my room, my girl, uhm girlfriend.” Krystal introduced, her cheeks reddening at the last word.

 

Amber couldn’t help but smile at how Krystal got so shy all of a sudden.

 

“Nice to meet you Amber. Sorry for the lip. I just got carried away that I accidentally threw my heels at you. I did not mean to do it you know” Jessica said, her smirk went unnoticed by the landlady.

 

Accidental my , Amber almost replied.

 

“Nah it’s okay. Pleasure to meet you at last.” Amber said instead.

 

Yuri came back a few seconds later yawning and stretching her tired limbs which were useful because some of the girls resisted taking leave.

 

“Can I retreat now Sica baby?”

 

Jessica saw red. Krystal’s brow shot up in confusion.

 

“Sica.... Baby?” Krystal asked the guard who is now looking at her slippers like they were the most interesting thing in the world at the moment.

 

“I can explain sis. But it’s going to take the whole night.”

 

“Well then you better start talking.” Krystal ordered, her hand grabbing out to hold Amber’s.

 

-----<3