Saying It Again

My Landlady

Please don’t kill me.

 

I know I’ve been very bad for leaving you hanging for months and just loitering around AFF reading other’s fics and not having any inspiration to continue mine.

 

Huhu. *crying for pity* Have mercy on evil author.

 

I said I won’t leave this fic, not unless I am no longer in this world, so I am back. I came back to write and wrap this up for good.

 

Thank you for hanging around, for not hitting that infamous unsubscribe button, for sending me comments that made my guilt level soar, and for waiting for my update.

 

You all deserve one, so please enjoy. My writing might have become a bit rusty but I hope you’re cool with it.

 

Mianhe. Please don’t be mad anymore ha......

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------<3

Krystal’s POV

 

“What did you just say, princess?”

 

. I can’t believe she heard it, and I can’t imagine how stupid I had been to say my thoughts out loud like that!

 

Can the earth, or in this case the mattress, just swallow me whole?

 

The look on Amber’s face showed utter shock. As for me, I must be looking terribly aghast right now, just by realizing she had heard every syllable I said.

 

‘I think I’m falling in love with you.’

 

Good Lord.

 

“L-look, you must have been dream dreaming because I, dammit, I didn’t say a-anything!” I replied, trying, but failing, to sport a stoic face. My voice trembled and my words came out like a shameful jumble of stutters that I felt like dying then and there.

 

I pulled myself up before I wear out what dignity I have left, about to scamper in the speed of lightning towards the bathroom to lock myself, and maybe bang my head against the tiled wall in order to claim back my lost brain. But before my shaking feet landed on the carpeted floor, I was abruptly pulled back by a soft yet firm hand, and before I knew it I tumbled with my back on the bed. The sudden force made me shut my eyes. When I opened it her face is looming over me, her hands planted at both my sides, preventing any chance of escape.

 

Amber is still wearing that same surprised expression from earlier, but I swear I could see how it is coupled now with an unmistakable determination blazing her eyes.

 

“You’re not going anywhere unless you say it again, Krystal.”

 

 

I am doomed.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

“Uhm.. hehe.” Yuri scratched her head nervously at the sight of Jessica’s extended hand, clearly demanding to get something that Yuri only honestly remembered just now, now that they’re already in front of the landlady’s locked door.

 

“Don’t you dare tell me you didn’t bring—YAH Kwon Yuri get your back here!” Jessica bellowed when Yuri sprinted away for her own safety.

 

“Coming right back babe!” Yuri shouted back, hurrying to retrieve the forgotten, while she still has her two feet.

 

“Can we just break the door? It’s no use being all sneaky when we have already awakened almost everybody here.” Ailee exclaimed, nudging her head to the curious though still sleepy crowd of ladies clad in nightgowns and ruffled bed hairs that are slowly closing in on them.

 

“Shut up. I want to catch the criminal in the act, so she can enjoy the rest of her miserable existence rotting in jail.” Jessica boldly shot back.

 

Ailee lost her ability to retort, feeling greatly intimidated by the dark aura surrounding the older Jung.

 

“Jess, woah, so happy you’ve already come to your senses and decided now is the time to appear in front of Krystal again!” Sunny squealed in delight, followed closely by a yawning shikshin and a still dreaming Seohyun.

 

Jessica simply rolled her eyes, tapping her foot impatiently and craning her head to see the silhouette of a returning Yuri.

 

“Jessica-shi, why are you here?” Victoria snapped her attention with a pat in the shoulder.

 

Song Qian did not mean to sound so straightforward or unwelcoming. She had been expecting that Jessica will come by anytime soon, after hearing about her comeback from Sulli and Luna, but she did not anticipate her reappearance at this hour. It was so sudden and unplanned, and she feared how Krystal will take it.

 

“Because of.” Jessica’s voice trailed off as she saw the sight of two ladies hiding behind Victoria’s back. “YOU!” Jessica fumed, “I told you two to keep an eye on my sister and not let her get too close to that llama-looking idiot but you-“

 

Victoria cut her off with a wave of her hand as she butted in, “Sulli and Luna did as you asked Jessica-shi. Accompany and not let them get close while they’re going out. They even skipped trainings just to meddle with Soojung and Amber’s tour dates. You should bounce your anger towards me, since I’m the one who told them to quit it and let them be.” Victoria calmly brushed off Jessica’s twitching nerves.

 

“And you should see how Soojung is when she’s with her. She lights up and forgets your absence even. That llama-looking idiot you’re referring to makes her happy, and it’s plain as day that the two like each other.”

 

Jessica felt defeated.

 

The other boarders, including Ailee, looked at Victoria Song with soaring awe.

 

“But since you’re already here, it’s about time to face your sister and make amends, right?”

 

Victoria flashed her charming smile, together with a lifting of her right hand in a ‘peace’ sign.

 

Jessica heaved a sigh.

 

“Does she... Does my sister really like that dork?”

 

All the lady boarders, excluding Aillee who is shaking her head, nodded promptly in response.

 

“Does that dork like my sister?”

 

Everybody again, except Ailee, nodded their heads in unison.

 

Jessica let out a sigh. Maybe she had been wrong. Maybe she should not interfere with what’s making Krystal happy, since she had done nothing but cause her sister’s pain for a long time. She knows her fault all too well, and maybe she’s making another mistake all over again with just barging in to her sister’s privacy.

 

She bit her lip in thought, and almost decided to just walk away and return as planned, when Yuri, panting, returned with the room key.

 

“Well then I should just make my comeback as planned, during her birthday...“

 

Yuri smiled approvingly, proud that her baby had gotten back her senses.

 

“BUT WHAT IF THAT DORK IS JUST TAKING MY SISTER’S VULNERABILITY TO USE HER AND THEN DUMP HER AND JUST TORE HER HEART INTO A GAZILLION PIECES? I CAN’T LET THAT HAPPEN! KWON YURI OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!“

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

 

“You’re not going anywhere unless you say it again, Krystal.”

 

“But I...I...”

 

A minute that seemed forever passed with the two staring into each other’s eyes, their hearts drumming in sync inside their heaving chests.

 

It seemed like time had slowed down, like there were only just the two of them in the world and nothing else matters.

 

Amber will not let it go. She had heard the words loud and clear, but she wants to hear it again. She wants to see Krystal say it again.

 

“Please just say it again Krys. I just want to hear you say it again. Please.”

 

Krystal’s eyes travelled down from Amber’s pleading eyes to her nose, and then to her pink, plump lips. And she knew at that moment that she had lost the battle.

 

“Please just tell it to me again and I’ll never ummph—“

 

Krystal closed the distance between them, lifting her head up for their lips to meet, effectively silencing the older girl.

 

Fireworks exploded at the back of their heads, but Amber was too taken aback to even respond. The younger girl nibbled slowly on the other’s soft lips, yearning for the slightest response.

 

When she got nothing, she pulled away shamefacedly.

 

“There. I said it again. Just, just forget it.” She mumbled shakily, tears threatening to spill out at the thought that Amber did not seem to feel the same way. She tried to pry herself off, but Amber still won’t budge, her eyes still wide open, unblinking.

 

Did Krystal just kissed her? She wants to slap herself so hard but there’s no way she’s letting the younger girl escape now.

 

“Let me go.” Krystal shakily whispered, gripping Amber’s arm and forcing her away.

 

“Will you please say it again?”

 

“What?”

 

“Say it again. Or I’ll say it.”

 

“There’s no use saying it since you obviously don’t—“

 

“Kiss me.”

 

Krystal’s jaw dropped. Her hand that was gripping tightly on Amber’s arm loosened its hold and fell on the mattress.

 

“But why—“

 

Amber dived down the younger girl’s mouth, kissing her with every fiber of her being, until a contented sigh escaped her lips when Krystal responded just as passionately. Krystal’s hands went up and wrapped around Amber’s neck to pull her even closer, wanting to prolong the magic that only they know at that moment.

 

When they both gasped for air, both cheeks flushed and lips equally swollen, they both knew that their life had turned around. They will no longer just hang around landlady-boarder or princess-servant terms, but they have become something more, something even more than mere friends.

 

They both knew it.

 

“I don’t like you.”

 

“Huh?“, was Krystal’s reply, still in a daze from the kiss they shared.

 

“I love you. I liked you the first time I laid my eyes on you. When you ordered me out of your apartment I did not like you anymore. When I thought you threw my luggage away, I hated you. When I saw you cry after I snapped at you, I felt like crying too. When you made me agree to be your servant, I didn’t realize it but in fact I felt happy because that meant you needed me around you. When I saw you panic that day at the mall when you lost sight of your sister, I hated myself for not being there for you since the day you were left alone, for all those times you felt down and alone. I want to always be there for you and protect you and make you happy. I’m even willing to be your servant for life. You can rip that contract to shreds but I won’t ever leave your side. I love you Krystal Jung.”

 

Krystal bit her lip, wanting to lean and close the distance again so badly.

 

“So uh, will you be my princess?”

 

“Uhm, will you really be my servant for life?”

 

Amber pouted, making Krystal giggle.

 

“I will still be ordering you around. You still have to obey to whatever I want of you.” The landlady slyly stated.

 

“Okay but I can call you anything from now on right? I don’t have to refer to you as princess every time I call you right?”

 

Krystal took a moment to think about that before giving her answer. “Right. As long as they’re all sweet.”

 

“Alright then baby.” Krystal grimaced.

 

“But I thought I can call you any way I want. Baby is sweet.”

 

“Just shut up and kiss me Am.”

 

Maybe it wasn’t that bad to still be a servant after all. If every command of Krystal is like this, Amber thought.

 

 

-----------------<3

 

 

Next on “My Landlady”:

 

“YOU ERT! GET OFF MY SISTER OR I’LL KILL YOU!”

 

 

“Un-unnie?!”