Dreaming

My Landlady

 

Three weeks had passed by like a blink of an eye.

 

After that drunken Krystal episode, the other lady boarders seemed to forget about Amber’s unfinished initiation. The latter couldn’t be more relieved.

 

The lady boarders, of course, couldn’t push it as much as they want to, because ‘somebody-else-drinking-in-behalf-of-the-new-boarder-saves-the-day’ is, after all, as valid as any of Soojung’s petty apartment rules.

 

Nobody told Amber about it, however. And because the landlady wouldn’t admit that she indeed did that to rescue her slave from her doom, even after some intense teasing and nagging from Luna, Sulli and a few others, Amber never really came to know.

 

However, something has changed about her board mates though, as Amber observed.

 

Something is different.

 

Something smells really, REALLY, fishy.

 

One: They seem to get all giggly and all-whispers whenever she enters Krystal’s flat, no, scratch that, they get all giggly and all-whispers every time they see her with Krystal.

 

Two: They go out together every weekend, those nine lovely ladies, and they come home late at night-----TOGETHER, too. Now that doesn’t sound suspicious right? That’s IF they don’t give out creepy, demonic smiles when Amber once mindlessly asked their whereabouts.

 

And Three: Luna and Sulli have been really clingy lately. Really. 

 

You see, these three weeks, Krystal seemed to ease up on her princess mode to Amber. In fact, she spends weekends touring the tomboy around Seoul.

 

There’s a downside, though. Lots, actually.

 

Amber always wishes she’d get to tour with Krystal alone. Why? It’s because one of the two trainees always seems to make it a point to tag along with them, much to her dismay.

 

Whenever Sulli joins their day out, she would always cling to Soojung like a koala to a tree.

 

She won’t even seem to allow the tomboy to walk beside Krystal by changing places every now and then.

 

Whenever Amber walks next to Krystal’s right side, Sulli would act to have found something really interesting at where Amber is and take her place without further ado. This happened numerous times, which is why Amber finally resorted to just trailing behind the two and touring all by herself.

 

On the other hand, whenever Luna voluntarily, or even demandingly, joins their tour, she would always stick to Amber like glue, feeding Amber with unending historical rants about every little thing they pass along the way. And she never, ever, even gets tired talking.

 

Krystal doesn’t seem to mind though, much to Amber’s dismay. These past few weeks she keeps to herself most of the time and is not as demanding unlike before.

 

In fact, Krystal has also been quite weird herself lately.

 

One: When Amber gathers the courage to hold her hand (They did that before during their ‘first date’ right?), she seems to find a rapid impulse to grab something else, like her cellphone or like flipping her hair or like scratching her head for instance.

 

Weird.

 

Two: Krystal doesn’t wake her up at five in the morning, no, in fact she doesn’t give her a wake-up call anymore. Still, Amber has already set her alarm to five, so she’s always in time for her duties to her landlady.

 

A bit weird.

 

Three: Krystal’s temperature always seems to rise and she hides her face whenever Amber initiates skinships, like trying to hold her hand or hug or even a simple graze along her cheek when the tomboy tucks her hair. These past few days the landlady doesn’t even go near enough for her to touch.

 

Too weird.

 

And Amber doesn’t like it one bit.

 

On another note, Amber now knows where she’ll be working. It was a rather enormous building in busy Gang-nam. Tomorrow will be her first day and she’s very excited to meet her boss and her officemates.

 

However, a part of her feels sad that she’ll get to spend lesser time with Krystal. Amber just ignores her growing attraction to her landlady, because she feels the latter doesn’t feel the same.

 

The past twenty-one days were eventful for Amber, thankfully, at least she finds lesser time to brood about her feelings. She spend her afternoons at Taeny’s room to get a Korean language private tutorial from the eye-smile queen, Tiffany.

 

Luckily, Tiffany only handles classes at the university during mornings, so her free afternoons are spent on offering tutorials, this time, to her board mates. Sulli and Victoria tags along when they’re free, so they will get to learn English while Amber learns her Hangul.

 

Amber’s mornings and early evenings still consisted of the normal routine with the landlady---- cleaning chores, assisting roles and such, well, except masseur duties. The only thing that changed is that Krystal does not order her around too much so almost everything is driven by her own initiative.

 

She just highly got used to serving the princess, just as Krystal had also gotten used to Amber being her servant, that both of them seemed to forget about the existence of a binding and time-limited enslavement contract.

 

 

-----

 

 

Now Amber is standing in front of her bosses’ office, waiting for the secretary’s signal for her to enter already.

 

It’s her first day on the job. She is an accountant to a highly prominent and leading corporate business, the Seoul Group of Companies, and she can’t wait to contribute whatever she can to the continuing growth of the enterprise.

 

“Miss Liu, you can enter now.” The secretary signalled.

 

“Okay. Thank you ma’am.”

 

Amber bowed to the girl before she knocked twice on the door to announce her entrance to the person inside. When she opened it, the lady sitting in a swivel chair behind the table flashed her most charming smile.

 

“Welcome, Miss Amber Josephine Liu.”

 

‘She looks too young to be an accounting head. She’s beautiful too.’ Amber thought to herself.

 

“Thank you Ms. Lee.” She responded while bending her upper body profusely.

 

“You can call me Ailee, if you let me call you Amber.”

 

“Uh. Okay ma’am, eh, Ailee.” Amber replied, while rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

 

Ailee is staring at her from head to toe with a noticeable smirk, and it’s making Amber feel extremely uncomfortable.

 

“You’re handsome for a girl, Amber. No, you’re even more handsome than any guy I’ve met.”

 

Amber’s jaw dropped. She didn’t expect her boss to be this straightforward and casual on their first meeting.

 

“Uh... Thanks?”

 

“And very cute too.”

 

Amber can only respond with a sheepish grin.

 

“I think I already like you, Amber.”

 

--------

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

 

I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.

 

I’ve been having really weird feelings lately, ever since that night Amber and I walked while holding each other’s hands.

 

I have dreamt about her that night in my sleep.

 

It wasn’t just any dream. In fact, I woke up then with a frown of disappointment on my face.

 

I dreamt I was wearing a long and flowy gown, all white, and I was walking down the aisle. Yes, I dreamt I was going to be wed.

 

But to who?

 

And that’s when I saw the dork, smiling at me stupidly at the end of the aisle, dressed handsomely in a white suit, holding out her hand for me to hold.

 

After that the dream was fast-forwarded all of a sudden, pausing to the part when the groom gets to kiss his bride.

 

Amber closed her eyes and leaned close to me. Her scent is so sweetly intoxicating that I found myself closing my eyes and leaning towards her too.

 

I was even puckering my lips like a fool.

 

Then suddenly, I woke up.

 

Disappointed.

 

Because I didn’t get to kiss her.

 

Then my eyes grew wide and I face-palmed myself.

 

“Am I.... Do I....?”

 

From then on, I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.

 

I could no longer look at her straight in the eye or let her touch me without ending up furiously blushing and my heart beating like I had run a hundred laps.

 

I felt guilty that our ‘date’ consisted of my mere shopping and searching for my sister rather than the tour I said I’d give her that’s why I felt it imperative that I take her out with me around Seoul during weekends.

 

I’m honestly glad that Sulli or Luna always tags along when I’m touring her around (Thank God for that!), or else I’ll just end up being awkward with her.

 

And I’ve never been awkward.

 

I’ve never stuttered or gotten nervous or have turned into a live tomato ALL because of someone, until that Amber Josephine Liu came into the picture.

 

Now I’m not so sure of myself.

 

So it’s best if I keep some distance with her.

 

Or else I might die with these frequent heart attacks and these butterflies which had seemed to infiltrate my stomach.

 

Jung Soojung, grab a hold of yourself.

 

It’s just that dork.

 

 

REMEMBER, it’s just that dork.

 

-----<3

 

No time to edit, so sorry for any errors! hehe.

LMAO You all guessed its Yuri on the previous chap, how did you!? xD But is it really her? Hmmm, dunno. kekeke. *creepily and demonically smiling*

Now now, Soojung has realized her feelings for the dork, but a new girl enters the picture...

And oh Sica when are you planning to come back?

 

Til the next update then!

 

And oh oh oh please don't hesitate to comment. Yes you! I wanna hear your thoughts. Thankyouuuuuuuuuuu!