a stray cat

indian summer 1 (LOVE +LIE+LOVE)

 

CHAPTER 15   A STRAY CAT

 

 “Wha~hat are you doing here?” he ask worriedly

 

No answer, from the strange girl.

 

“Where is your home?” he ask again

 

“I have no home,” she replied, timidly

 

That word “I have no home” replays in his head, for that’s the same line he answered to his hyung 3 years ago when he found him in this state, in the corner, shivering, waiting for a perfect moment to die.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      

“Come, “he extends his right hand to her, the girl look at her dumbfounded, “Come on, I won’t eat you,”

 

The girl looks at him one more time as she slowly held his hold his hand. She trusts him, she can see that somehow he is a good person; she needed someone to lean on right now, for she’s too lost.

 

She’s lost and can’t find her way back, when he took her hand, he feels like he’s touching a block  of ice, any hot material will surely melt, she feels so tired , exhausted and lonely.

 

Changmin’s POV      

 

The moment I saw her in that corner, I felt like seeing myself once more, my heart is too weak right for its aching and throbbing at the sight of her, I want to help her, at first I feels so afraid, upon seeing her pretty face, my heart melt, I ask her where is her home so that I can drop her myself but she answered I have no home.

 

Bizarre,

 

We experience the same thing,  I didn’t hesitate to bring her with me, I can explain to hyung everything, I know he will understand, I know he’s a good hyung even though he is a ert but this girl is penniless so he won’t flirt with her.

 

While walking side by side I want to ask her some questions that’s bothering me but, understanding her silence I keep my mouth shut, mumbling there will be a perfect time for everything. 

 

“Come our place is on top,” I tell her to climb the stairs our house is on top of this three storey house. The first floor is occupied by our landlady, the second floor is vacant, and ours is on top, making us the advantage, why?

We can see the sunrise and sunset clearly,

We can dry clothes immediately,

Hyung will have a lot of time to hide from his stalkers since climbing up will took them a lot of time.

I always thought that being on top is a big advantage.     

 

 

I open the door to see my hyung sitting in the couch flipping some magazine.

 

“Hyung, “I called then he stops to look at me

“What!” he ask

“I bring a cat,” I started, he twitch his eyebrows

What? Again? Is Cinderella’s not enough for you, that’s why you bring a new one?” he hates Cinderella for that cat loves his feet

 

Cinderella is the name of my stray yellow cat that I took three months ago.

“It’s a big, big cat this time,”  I said motioning the words big by opening my arms widely,” get in,” I told the girl

He is just too shock to see the girl.

 

“What a girl, Yah Changmin!” he shout

“Hyung please, she has no place to go,” I petition

“No I don’t, get her out of my house!” he jolt

“But hyung?””

Before I could even refuse, he push the girl out of our house as he lock the door still shooting dangerous glares at me.

 

I am really disappointed at him at this moment.

 

End of pov

 

The big stray cat, sit outside, hugging her knees,

“It’s cold,” she mutters to herself, while humming a familiar song her mother used to sing for her, hoping that it will make her warm.

 

The two boys inside still debating about the girl.

“I know she’s harmless,” changmin said

“Changmin we don’t know people these days, we don’t know her,”

 

A pause,

 

“But you also don’t know me back then, but you took me in?” he said

“But you’re different!”

“We’re just the same, she has no home, I can feel her pain,” changmin sincerely said

 

Mickey looks at him before he finally surrenders,

“Fine let her in,” and the happy young man go outside to see the stray cat unconscious lying on the ground.

 

He carries her in his room, Mickey don’t know what to do, as changmin see him panicking, he blame himself maybe

“Relax hyung,” he told him patting his back after putting the girl in his bed,” she’s just tired, she needs to rest,”

 

Mickey nod,

“Hyung, komawo,,” changmin said.

 

Mickey smile and left but he come back again,

“I have a question to ask,”

“What is that?” Changmin is surprise as his hyung transfer his gaze from him to the girl sleeping.

 

“Yah, hyung don’t ever think of something bad okay, she’s not my girlfriend if that’s what you think!” he defend himself stuttering

“PABO! I just want to ask where you put the pain reliever,”

 

“Ah, I am sorry, I just thought,” he said massaging his heart,” I put in on the table.” He answered laughing, that’s when Mickey totally left. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~