24

Scammed Tutor{Hiatus}

 


Chaerin took out her wallet.*Shoot..*She bit her lips.She was only left with a few dollars and that was definitely not enough to buy a new dress."Should've bought a dress before spending my money on those useless materials for the project.."

After Kris had left abruptly to meet with Hyemi,Chaerin was all alone off to buy her new dress.But a problem arises:all her tuition money was in her piggy bank.She walked through the streets of Myeongdong and stared at the beautiful dresses on display at stores.She even stopped to take a look at wedding dresses,just because she wanted to.

As she moved along slowly,she finally stopped.Her eyes were fixed on a blue dress on display.She wondered how she would look like wearing it to the dance.*Okay,I would look so hot in that!*

She immediately went inside the store and looked for a dress exactly like that.To her surprise,Mr.Jang was spotted just outside the store,talking through the phone.Chaerin who was excited all day,went back out to greet him.

"Mr.Jang,what are you doing here?"Chaerin asked first.She might be a wallflower,but she's never afraid of asking questions to Mr.Jang since she know he's a kind person.He hung up his phone,"I'm on an errand.I have to buy some groceries."he smiled.Seriously,whenever that teacher smiles,there's no girl that wouldn't want to marry him.

"What about you?"He asked.Chaerin pointed to the store,"Oh,I'm just looking around that store.I wanna buy something nice for tomorrow,guess I'm bankrupt."

Mr.Jang observed the dress on the window."Follow me,"Mr.Jang insisted.Chaerin dragged along behind him,not knowing anything.As soon as Mr.Jang and Chaerin went inside the store,he went straight to the counter.

He softly asked,"Excuse me,but how much is the blue dress on display?"

"45,000 won.And also,it's a free size dress."The cashier replied.Mr.Jang bit his lips."Quite expensive.."But in the end,after deciding for a long time,he finally took out his wallet and grabbed a gold credit card from one of his pockets.

"I'll take it."The cashier received his gold card and totaled it up.Chaerin just stood beside him clueless,"W-What are you doing??"

"Buying you that dress."Mr.Jang simply replied,punching in his pin number."B-But,I can't let you do that..!"Chaerin stuttered.He grabbed the bag,"Too late.I already did."He playfully stuck out his tongue.

Chaerin's face was flushed with red.*Goddamit,how can a teacher be so perfect?!*

"Here you go.I wanna see you wear that tomorrow.Better surprise me,Bang Chaerin~"He cutely warned and waved goodbye.

Chaerin was too hesitant.After waving to him ,she pouted.*Aww man.*

After getting back home,she took out her phone which she hadn't took out all day.To her surprise,there were 5 miss calls and 10 text messages shown on her screen.And all of them were from the same person - Kris.

She decided to call him back,or rather,listen to his voicemail.She carefully pushed the button.

"Yah,I'm trying to contact you but you just won't pick up!Where are you,huh?!You're not with that teacher,are you?!"And then he hung up.It was a moment of silence.Chaerin had this annoyed sign on her face."Calm your ,you filthy bastard!Why do you even care about what I think of Mr.Jang?Every girl likes him,and so can I!"she clenched her teeth and shot a death glare through her phone.

And so,the school dance came..

That night's theme was "Masquerade Night" as well,just like 2 years ago.Everyone entered mysteriously,with different types of masks on.Everyone was so into their masks that they would not be even able to recognize each other.Mr.Jang was wearing a white v-neck shirt that was slightly revealing his chest under and a black jacket over.(A/N:*winkwink*)He finished it up with a simple white mask.

Kris entered as well,as usual in his casual outfit.But,he did actually bother to put on a mask though,just so in case Hyemi wouldn't recognize him.

Hyemi entered the room,looking stunning in a white long dress and a gold mask.She was of course,admiring the praises given to her by the 3rd years.She got in because she was the principal's daughter,but mainly because she just wanted to.

She frantically searched around for Kris,who was nowhere to be seen.She thought it would be easy since she knew Kris would be the only one in his causal clothing,but it was harder than she thought.Everyone seemed to have showed up,but only one person had yet to walk down the stairs.

Chaerin was preparing by herself,hesitaing whether to walk in or not.She definitely wanted to meet Mr.Jang's face,but there was this insecurity in her heart that she shouldn't go in.

So,she followed her intuition and finally went in with a deep sigh.She walked down the stairs slowly,with her sliver mask on.It might've been her heels,because the heel was definitely more than at least 3cm.

Even though she put on the beautiful blue dress and even walked around elegantly,only about 10 people noticed.She was trying to find Mr.Jang who was amidst the crowd.Firstly,to calm herself down,she grabbed some fruits on the table.It could've been fate,or it could have been not,Kris was just opposite her grabbing some fruits as well.

Both didn't recognize each other and soon almost separated.As she turned around,a guy in a white v-neck shirt and black jacket faced her with a smile.Chaerin was taken aback.She took a step back,almost losing her balance.

"Chaerin-ah,is that you?"Mr.Jang whispered.Chaerin peeked at his eyes,it was definitely Mr.jang's eyes.Then,she checked his smile.It was definitely her teacher.She broke out into a smile,"Mr.Jang..!"She smiled.

Kris who just about to leave,heard her name being called.He looked up.he couldn't really capture her face because her back was facing him,but he took note of the blue dress that she wore.

Mr.Jang stared at Chaerin from head to toe.He wa mesmerized."Waah,I was a little doubtful at first..I didn't really think that my student,Bang Chaerin,would actually come out looking really pretty tonight!"He complimented.

Bang Chaerin blushed and lowered her head."Really?Do I look like someone who actually fits in tonight??"Mr.Jang nodded.

"Mr.Jang,you don't look to shabby either.What if some girl thinks you're our age?"She teased.Mr.Jang laughed heartily,"Well,I'm only 27.My mom was the one who gave birth to a baby-faced guy."

"Well,lookie here.People are already dancing.Should we too?"Mr.Jang shyly offered his hand.Chaerin never thought that a student could actually have a slight crush on a teacher and dance with him.She didn't even hesitate.She gently placed her hand on top of Mr.Jang's and headed to the dance floor.

After the slightly upbeat song ended,a slower ballad song played.Se7en's A person Like That was playing throughout the room.Mr.Jang grabbed Chaerin's hand and went to the spot near the night view.They soon started slow dancing peacefully with bright smiles on their faces.

Meanwhile,outside the door near the night view,Kris was admiring the outside.His mind was still full of Chaerin and Mr.Jang.Just as he was about to finally turn around,Hyemi who found him gave him a glass of wine which he wanted from the teachers' table.

Kris took a sip of his wine.He controlled his expression,"How did you know?"

Hyemi smiled,"I just knew,"she lowered her head,leaning onto the railing,"so..about yesterday."

"What about it?"Kris asked,eyes fixed on his glass of wine.Hyemi held her glass tight,"I thought about it.Kris sunbae,I really like you."

Kris smirked,"I know,but I-""I really,like you."she cut him off.Kris was too surprised to talk actually.He knew the confession was coming but he didn't think that she'd cut him off.She continued,"But what do I do?You may not know it,in fact,I'm pretty sure you don't know this at all but,you have your eyes set on someone already.Even though it's painful to admit it,I know that you like this person before you realize you do.But I can't help myself.Did you remember what you said yesterday??"She lifted up her head,facing Kris with intense,serious eyes.

"You said that life is interesting if there are burdens.I want to be your burden."Her eyes glistened.Kris didn't know what to do.He began to stutter his words,"H-Hyemi-"

In a moment,he felt his lips collided into someone elses.that's right,Hyemi kissed him.But this was not the end of surprises.

Just as his eyes landed on the inside of the room,he spotted someone in blue dress dancing with Mr.Jang.And there would be only one person,in a blue dress that he knew.

Bang Chaerin.

Right in front of his eyes,Bang Chaerin was in the arms of Mr.Jang.

 

author's note:

Harro ^^ OMG YESSHH.Finally,I've been waiting to update this chapp -.-  So now,Luhan's out of the picture..Mr.Jang & Song Hyemi involved?!?!It's no longer a love triangle,t's a love square!!

Seriously,if you can imagine how the scenes at the end work,then you are a genius.I've been watching too much webtoons to describe.