I Wanna Be Pretty.

Tweet 4.25.13
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello!    After i posted about missing the twit-flirts, suddenly, almost every other night, they would post something for the Applers' delight! (not that i'm complaining!)   I am totally going out of my wits here trying to form a great story for you guys, and for me as well ^.^, but my imagination is going on overdrive!   Anyway, like i said, i am trying to follow a timeline so that it would seem close enough, but still everything written in this page is still not part of, reality and just a product of the author's imagination.   Hope you keep on reading! ^.^

 

  i wanna be PRETTY.

 

 

 

Geeun, JiYong's stylist was walking along the corridor when JiYong saw her.

JiYong: Anyeong, noona! What are you doing here? Are you styling Youngbae today too?

Geeun: Anyeong! Aniyo, I just came to deliver some pictures that Jjangmae and I were looking at earlier for Dara. Jjangmae still had some errands to make so I volunteered for him.

Jiyong: She's gonna be featured in a magazine?

Geeun: Ne, she is, with Suzumi Emi. You met her before, ne? Dara's worried that she might not like her and she would make a fool out of herself. I have to go now, Ji. See you around! 

 

Jiyong bowed then she left while he got his phone and made a call as he walked to the room where his stylist just came from. He talked briefly on the phone and his limited knowledge on the japanese language made the call short. After putting his phone back in his pocket, he knocked and opened the door to find Dara standing over the table.

 

Jiyong: Busy? 

 

She was looking over the photos on the table that she only looked up to give him a small smile and motioned for him to come closer.

 

Dara: They want me to pick the styles that suit me best, or at least which one I’ll be comfortable in. Do you think this will highlight my figure more or this, I think this will totally hide everything! 

 

JiYong stood beside her and Dara started pointing at the photos.

 

Dara: See this? If i show my mid…

JiYong: Why do you always want to show skin?

Dara: Can't a girl want some attention?

JiYong: Not that much attention though. You don't need to prove to them that your body is gorgeous.

Dara: It is?

JiYong: Aniyo, you have the body of a little girl. 

 

Dara pouted and got the picture that was supposed to show her abs. JiYong snatched it back.

 

Jiyong: Let me help you out. 

 

He looked at the photos with his expert eye on style and Dara sneaked a glance at him and smiled. He really looks y when he's all serious, his gaze is just so intense. Her eyes went back to the photos when he spoke.] 

 

Jiyong: This will flatter your figure without showing anything. This one's cute. I like the colors on this one and this, it looks fun, it will catch everyone's attention.

Dara: Ji, I'm supposed to model these clothes, not hide in them. 

 

Jiyong picked out the clothes that showed as little skin as possible.

 

Jiyong: You don't trust me?

Dara: Well, you have the tendency to be overly protective.

JiYong: Well, i should be protective, ne? the last time you had a photoshoot, you seduced the whole world. Why show off your tiny waist? People will think you're starving yourself or worse, that someone isn't taking care of you. 

 

 

Dara smiled at the recollection on how he reacted when the photos of Elle came out. He never failed to ask her… “Aigoo, why is this noon acting like this these days?"

 

 

[Flashback]

Youngbae: Whatever he says, he doesn't mean it, araso? 

Dara gave him a nervous nod and watched as Jiyong approached them.

JiYong: O, the photos have arrived? Let me see!

 

He stood between Youngbae and Dara, carefully giving her hand a gentle squeeze in greeting, and started to pick out the photos 1 by 1. 

 

Jiyong: This really had to show your back?

Dara: Ne, its how the dress was styled. It was bare on the back and the side. 

Youngbae: Not all of her back was seen, its just the side! 

 

Jiyong acted as if he didn't hear him. Most of the photos were head shots and when the whole body was shown, glimpses of skin could be seen. JiYong was frowning.

 

Jiyong: This is ugly. even your facial expression is so blank.

Youngbae: Ji, this isn't ugly. God knows you've had worst photos than this! 

 

Jiyong acted like he didn't hear Youngbae again. Dara just took in a deep breathe then let it out.

 

Jiyong: I'm glad you didn't put on too much make up that your face looks all natural. But did you have to bare your shoulder like this? you look like you're wearing a blanket and the whole concept depicts the morning after you've had . Your shoulders are even too skinny.

Youngbae: Jiyong, that's enough. 

 

Everyone else was looking at them. He turned to his other side, but Dara wasn't there anymore and the door closed with a loud "bang". Bom stood by them and started picking out the pictures that Dara has chosen before Jiyong arrived.

 

 

Bom: Jjangmae, these are the photos that Dara has picked. I know because before everyone else was here, we helped her choose. 

 

She gave the photos to Jjangmae and glared at JiYong.

 

Bom: She actually said the same things you said, Jiyong. And now i think, Dara wasn't worrying about what other people would think. She was worrying about what you would think! tsk…tsk… Its impressive how the person who makes her feel secure, is the same person who can make her feel so insecure. 

 

Bom's voice sounded so calm and yet, cold. Jiyong couldn't answer. He looked at Chaerin and Minzy who shook their head at him. He has crossed the line, big time.

 

Jjangmae leaned onto Dara's stylist, "This is the reason why she we style her this way, araso? Remember this because we don't want this to happen again. Minimal skin as possible, got that? But if needed, you go ask his opinion, but be subtle about it." The stylist could just nod. "All right people, back to work! I'm sure they have given you enough to gossip about. Try leaking that out and you don't even have enough money to pay us back and pay for your own funeral. Krom! Back to work!" Jjangmae told all the staff inside the room after Jiyong left to follow Dara.

 

 

He found her in their dorm that night after calling Chaerin, and a few seconds later, he was standing by their door.

Chaerin: If Bommie-unnie was here, you wouldn't even be invited inside. Be really thankful i believe in you, oppa. You were really harsh on her today.

JiYong: Chaerin-ah…

Chaerin: Don't apologize to me, you need to do that to her. and Jiyong-oppa, can I just ask? Why don't you ever tell her she's pretty? I never hear you say that, or maybe you say it behind her back. I don't know, I’m quite confused. Everyone can she she's the prettiest out of all of us. She hears that from other people but she doesn't believe it. Somehow, it makes me think, she doesn't believe because you don't think she is pretty? And i know how it feels…its not nice.

Jiyong: You know i don't tell anyone they're pretty, ne?

Chaerin: Maybe, I don't know. You have a lot of pretty friends who are girls and are models.

Jiyong: I never told them they are pretty and we never became friends because they are pretty. 

Chaerin: Araso, but somehow, I still think she needs to hear it from you. And i don't, for a second, even believe the bull you said earlier. You never found her ugly, from the moment you saw her in that documentary, you never thought she was ugly. So cut the crap and be a man. This is humiliating for me talking this way to my sumbae!

Jiyong: Aniyo, Chaerin-ah. Gamsahamnida! 

 

Chaerin gestured to Dara's room. JiYong knocked and entered without waiting for a reply. Her back was turned to him and she was humming their song “Ugly” while looking at Tamtam. She turned then when she saw him, she turned back and kept her back to him.

 

Jiyong: Dara-ah…

Dara: What? we can talk without facing each other. I don't want to let you see my offensive face. 

 

He went to her and lay down beside her, his arm kept her close to him. He kissed her shoulder and she could feel his breath on her nape.

 

JiYong: I'm sorry. I was over-reacting. You know I always do when it comes to you being pretty for all the world to see! 

 

She stiffened then she turned towards him.

 

Dara: Say that again…

Jiyong: I’m sorry?

Dara: the las

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter