Her Resolve.

Tweet 4.25.13
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
HER.RESOLVE.

 

 

 

flashback:

It was when they were filming Falling in Love, before they left for Singapore for the Asiastyle Collection...when Jiyong asked for her to think about everything she's letting go of, including him.

 

The others left and she stayed at the rooftop of the company to think. She was looking over the city lights when someone stood beside her. She looked at him and bowed. What did she expect? Not to find him here in his own company with his office so close to where she was standing?

 

"How was the filming of your music video?"

"It went well."

"You like the concept?" Dara smiled and nodded. 

"I'm glad.", their boss said with a smile. Times like these, you wouldn't believe that he is strict and he never pleases his artists like what they reveal on shows. Yang Hyun Suk Sajangnim has the authoritative aura of a boss and yet his face has the gentleness of a puppy…a little husky perhaps.

 

Hyun Suk suddenly turned, ready to leave when she spoke. He turned back to her. "About that night…when you walked in on us…Jiyong and I." Dara was trying not to shrivel in fear. She wanted to be heard! She wanted to say this now because it has been eating her the whole time!

 

"Sandara…" she looked at her boss. "If you are…"

 

"I LOVE HIM!" she almost shouted but she stood firm, her hands clenched. Her beating heart escalating its speed. "I have for along time. I don't think you're stupid. I know that you know. Thats why I told him that we weren't supposed to label anything. If anyone asks, then we can calmly say that we are not in a relationship and we don't have to lie. Especially not to you. You are like a father to us and especially to Jiyong. He has so much respect for you, as I do, that I didn't want to mar your friendship."

 

His face continued to be devoid of expression. Dara could feel herself shaking. She has said it. Might as well finish it. She wiped a tear that fell from her eyes. Dara wanted to appear strong in front of their President.

 

If she wanted to be with Jiyong, she had to be strong… in front of Sajangnim was the first step.

 

"Please let me be with him."

 

"Sandara…"

 

He stopped when he saw what she was doing. Dara went on her knees.

 

"In fact, I beg of you. Please, Sajangnim. As much as I want to follow your orders and despite the fact that you probably know better…but I know Jiyong. He wouldn't like it. He'll destroy himself. I can't see him suffer. Biande, Sajangnim." She was crying now. She felt humiliated but at this time, her pride was nothing compared to freedom.

 

She looked up when she felt hands on her shoulder. Hyun Suk has crouched down to level with her. 

 

"I'll be lying to you if I said I didn't know that you have this…" Sajangnim said. He didn't sound like the angry one who caught her and Jiyong on this same rooftop. But still, her heart was racing. "this thing between the 2 of you. How? I have seen this boy grow and somehow, I think I know him. He has changed when you left and I passed it off as some phase teenagers had to go through. When you came back, his full potential as a leader, as a songwriter, producer, all came out…laying everything on my table, asking to be honed. I wasn't blind to see that you were the catalyst…but then again, you also hold his weakness. All this time I was observing you and Jiyong, I was afraid that you'd turn out to be a burden." He held her shoulders and helped her stand up.

 

"Will you be able to handle it? You will be called a lot of names, cursed at, hated on if this comes out. He's a star, your sumbae though he's younger than you. He will have scandals with his vices…with women. Will you be able to stand by him when that happens? You have been in this business for a long time with influences from different cultures. You know ours is very different from others." Dara nodded then looked down, intimidated. "Look at me, Sandara."

 

She did as he asked. His piercing gaze demanded of a promise. "I will ask you this. More for you than for him."

 

"Are you strong enough to be Kwon Jiyong's strength instead of his weakness?"

 

Dara understood now what Sajangnim is asking of her. She felt so much better now and her heart has calmed down so many levels upon hearing his words. 

 

"Sajangnim…I am strong enough."

 

Dara has never really talked to him like Jiyong and Chaerin does, but there were occasions where she felt that the president was trying to reach out to her…to be friends. But she has been awkward and shy with people except to those who knew her for a long time, like Bom. But tonight, that seems to have changed. She smiled at the president who gave her a pat on the head.

 

"At least I now have you to help me handle his ways. I warn you though, it doesn't get easy." 

 

Dara sighed, "I know." she looked at her boss. "Sajangnim…"

 

"Eh?"

 

"I'll try to be careful as much as I could. If I can help it, I won't, we won't cause you any trouble."

 

"Have you seen your photos in the internet? Even if you don't try to, you are causing trouble already. I have to talk to your stylist and ask why you always end up having the same style as him."

 

"I don't mind. Its conservative. Besides, you always let me have the boyish style out of the 4 of us."

 

"You're blaming me?" she smiled awkwardly. "Aniyo!"

 

"We can't help it if people see things this way. Its their belief and lets just not fuel it some more, araso?"

 

"Araso." she nodded. "Sajangnim, if things get ugly, don't fire him. I'll gladly step down. Like Han Byul…"

 

"Dara, i just made a big decision tonight and you are trying to make me change my mind!" Dara looked down. "Now, you made me scared. I really still can't let you perform with him. I can't let anyone steal the stage from Chaerin yet."

 

"Aniyo. Biandeyo, don't change your mind! And I totally understand what you're doing with Chaerin!" Dara said quietly. "We're going to have our come back soon and she's going to have to share the limelight with us again."

 

"I'm glad you understand, Dara. And now, since I know, we can do damage control together, ne?" her boss suddenly said and she smiled. "Aigoo…Dara-ah. You did well. Just…" he took a deep breath. "Lets not let him know that I know and I gave consent to this, eh? You know how he is, he is like an open book. He hardly can hide what he feels." Dara smiled and nodded. "I totally understand, Sajangnim." 

 

He ruffled her hair.

 

"Not the hair, Sajangnim! Its damaged enough!"

 

"The hair or your brain?" Dara sighed and looked like she was frustrated and Sajangnim laughed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter