Let's pretend to pretend...

Tweet 4.25.13
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi!

 

I love the YG Family. 

 

I really don't intend to make anyone look bad, especially when these people are so wonderful! After all, they are the company who takes care of each other, ne?

 

Anyhow, again and again… this is just pure fiction and a product of the author's musings. 

 

Hengsho!


 

  LET'S PRETEND TO PRETEND.

 

 

 

 

Every girl has that 1 guy…

 

 

 

the guy who treats her like the way she deserves to be treated…

 

 

 

who knows her and accepts her despite all her flaws…

 

 

 

 

who loves her like the way that she is supposed to be loved and cared for… 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sadly though…it does not always mean that they are together, nor can she claim him for her own.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

JiYong was in one of those moods. Ever since that day Dara kissed him, he was always in high spirits. Just like Youngbae said… Jiyong could never truly hide what he feels.

 

 

So then, his Insta message to everyone: Hengsho!

 

 

 

 

After a week though, she still hasn't contacted him nor did he see any signs of her. Its like she doesn't come to the company anymore.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

YG Building, 7th floor

 

 

"You asked for me, Sajangnim?" came Dara's voice from the doorway. The President of their company smiled and asked her to sit down.

 

 

"I have been hearing great responses from your photoshoots, Dara-ah! Chokayo! I do hope you do improve on your body though. I still hear them say it's like you stopped growing when you were 12." Dara laughed awkwardly at the president.

 

 

He could never really just praise them, can he?

 

 

"You just did your teaser for Shinsegae, ne?"

 

 

"Ne, sajangnim."

 

 

"I'm sorry we had to downplay on your image this time. I know people have been liking your new, refreshing and more feminine side but, I have to hide you once again. I have to put the limelight on Chaerin-ah. Do you understand what i mean?"

 

 

"Of course, Sajangnim. She is about to release her 1st album. But there really is no use doing that because, Chaerin stands out from all of us." 

 

 

"Aniyo, you and Bom, stand out in the visual department. Chaerin has the badass attitude every young girl and boy loves. I want her to exude everything. This isn't permanent, Dara. We just need it for her album promotions. The stylists have formed a new way to style your hair, I suggested some of it, especially the reggae concept. I hope you don't give them such a hard time."

 

 

"Arasoyo, I know you know what's best for us, Sajangnim." she responded, sincerely.

 

 

“Krom, I’m glad you are being very reasonable. Bom was a bit hard to convince, though she said the same thing you did, that Chaerin stands on her own without having to downplay any of you. You don't see it girls. Your audience does. Just a little sacrifice for your friend, araso?"

 

 

"You make it sound like we're competing with each other. Don't worry, sajangnim. Everything will be all right. We trust in Chaerin's capabilities more than anything. would that be all?"

 

 

“Gamsahamnida, Dara-ah. I also just also wanted to check on you. you still work in the gym and the voice lessons as well as the choreography, ne?"

 

 

"I don't miss a thing, Sajangnim."

 

 

"Keep up the good work, Dara." She nodded and thanked him for the complement. But Dara knew by now that this wasn’t the only reason the YG CEO has called for her. She could sense it from his awkward posture on his chair.

 

 

“And before i forget…" Dara looked at him, anticipating. “I wanted to ask for a favor.”

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“Can you at least help us convince Jiyong to give as much attention to Chaerin these days?"

 

 

“Mo?”

 

 

"I heard a lot of people want them to be a couple since they are both leaders and they both have the swagger. I know, I asked you before to stay away from Jiyong for Shine-a-light because of the bad publicity we were having. and now, i am asking you again, Dara. Biande, I was hoping I wouldn't resort to this, but Jiyong wouldn't listen to me. He said it just can't happen because Chaerin was such a little sister to him."

 

 

“What do you want me to do? Surely he will listen to you more than he would listen to me.”

 

 

“He adores you, it is easy to see that, Dara. He listens to me because it is his obligation to do so but he listens to you because he wants to. I’m not entirely stupid. However, you're not together, right?"

 

 

As hurtful as that sounded, she had to agree. Jiyong was never hers to claim. Not if she didn’t want them to label things. 

 

 

"Maybe, you could just stay away from him for now? Aside from Chaerin's promotions, he's also in the middle of his world tour and not for long, you will have your comeback. I noticed that he also listens to you so maybe, you can just talk to him and make him understand what he has to do, araso? I am also doing this for you, Dara-ah."

 

 

She could just nod, numbly.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

She went to the rooftop after the meeting with Sajangnim. Though the meeting was short, there was a lot to take in. Honestly, half of what they talked about, Dara hasn’t fully realized it.

 

 

[Flashback: 3 days before JiYong's concert.]

JiYong: Can you believe it? First, he asks you to do this schedule on the day of my concert and now he just asked me to act like Chaerin and I are a couple!

Dara: Sajangnim knows best, Ji.

JiYong: It's just not right! She's like our little sister! I have to do something. Do you know if Soohyuk is back?

Dara: Why are you asking me? Didn't you tell him to stay away from me after we shot the MV together? [He smiled at Dara then she gave her phone to him.] He did leave a message though.

JiYong: He knows i'll be too b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter