Chapter 4: One Year Later

Complete

 

Narrator’s P.O.V.

Sooyoung is a very cheerful girl. She always shows kindness towards everyone. She is like an angel from beautiful heaven that comes down here to earth. Everybody likes her. She is so nice, friendly and very beautiful, she is a goddess and she always stands out. She is also very smart and athletic that everybody would call her Perfect Princess. Some called her Cheerful Princess too because she is like sunshine that is so hyper and never let everyone down. She gave them energy and cheers them up whenever they are lonely. Sooyoung has a lot of friends because of the attitude she has.

She and Donghae are childhood friends. Both of their families are friends. Ever since kids, Sooyoung always win over Donghae. But it never became the reason for them to get mad at each other. Sooyoung sees Donghae as her oppa. Donghae is always there for Sooyoung whenever she needs his help especially when escaping her suitors. They both have a beautiful friendship that nobody could break. You could see them both hanging around the school and having fun with their friends. Some people thought that they were a couple but they both deny it. They would always tell each other’s secrets. They also done some activities together like burying the most precious thing for them and plant it at their backyard. Because Sooyoung and Donghae are neighbors they always play together.

One day, there was a marathon that will be held at their school. Sooyoung’s parents weren’t being able to come because they were too busy. On that day, Sooyoung was the participant and representative of their school. Donghae was there to cheer for her.

Donghae: don’t worry Sooyoung, I know you’ll win. You can do it!

Sooyoung: Ye! I know! I will do my best to win.

Donghae: good luck!

Sooyoung: kamsahmnida!

Sooyoung gave her best to win. She was doing so well and she runs fast. She left out all of the participants. And so, Sooyoung won the race. Everybody was so happy. Donghae went near to Sooyoung and congratulate her. Suddenly, Donghae received a call. He answered it happily but after he heard that message he suddenly looked shocked. He looked at Sooyoung and told her the news. Sooyoung grandmother was brought in the hospital that time. They quickly went to the hospital. Sooyoung saw her grandmother at the room and quickly run to her.

Sooyoung: halmuhni! What happened? Are you ok?

Sooyoung’s grandmother: Sooyoung, I want you to listen carefully, this may be the last time we’ll ever have a conversation. Always be true to yourself. Show the real you in front of everyone and never be afraid of what people might think about you. Take care of yourself as well as your family. Sooyoung, I love you…

Sooyoung: Halmuhni!!!Halmuhni!!!

That day, Sooyoung’s grandmother died. She was so sad that the following day, she wasn’t neither speaking nor eating. She never gets out of her room. Her parents came back to Korea. Sooyoung’s mom hates her so much. She blames her for what happened. If she didn’t left her grandmother would still be alive. Her mom never gives her attention. She has done everything to gain attention from her mom. One year later, Sooyoung change. In order for her to get the attention of her mom, she decided to become bad. She has forgotten all of her happy memories and became bad. After that, all of the people in their school hated her a lot and was very afraid of her. Also, after that she never runs again. That is the reason why she couldn’t finished any race. She was afraid that if she finished the line and won again, something bad might happened again.