Chapter 18= Snowy Wish!

Complete

Donghae’s P.O.V

It was dark outside and all that lightens up the streets were the moon and the stars. I decided to go outside to get some cold fresh air. I just walked and walked not knowing where I will go. I found myself at the park. I saw Sooyoung sitting at the swing and looking up at the sky. I decided to sit at the swing next to her. I look up at the sky.

Me: the moon is so bright!

Sooyoung: yeah! You are right! (Still looking at the sky)

Me: what brings you here?

Sooyoung: you know, these past few days, I never had a normal sleep. I’ve been dreaming things that seems to be so true.

Me: what kind of dream?

Sooyoung: Like for example, these moment. It seems like it happened long time ago but we were so young then. I don’t know! Part of me wants to believe it but part of me doesn’t want to.

Me: what do you think it is?

Sooyoung: Some childhood memories? I still can’t figure it out why I don’t remember a thing from my childhood. It feels like something’s missing.

Me: Did you ever think of any reasons?

Sooyoung: Im actually losing it. I just wanna remember everything. All of it!

Me: maybe, the reason why you have forgotten it is because you are trying to escape from something.

Sooyoung: you think so? Whatever the reason is, Im willing to do everything just to remember it!

Me: why you want to remember it?

Sooyoung: because there is a part of my childhood memories that I can still remember. It was the moment I was in a tree house and I was talking with a kid. We were both looking at the sky. We were actually talking about our dreams and wishes. I want to answer all of the questions inside my head. Like, why am I there? Who is that kid? Why am I saying things like that to him? Those questions.

Me: do you want to go somewhere with me?

Sooyoung’s P.O.V

Huh? And where are we going? He offers a hand to me. I took it and go somewhere with him. Well, for some reasons, I don’t know why I feel so comfortable with him. I trust him so easily. I can’t understand why. But right now, what Im more concerned about is regaining my childhood memories.

We finally reached our destination. It’s not that far from the park. I saw big tree right in front of me and on top of it was a tree house. Im so amazed. The tree is like artificial. Its branches and its body were really different from the others. We climbed up. And when I finally get close to the tree house, that’s when I realized that it was so strong and so wide. We can actually play here. We both sat at the floor outside.

Me: this exactly is the tree house Im talking about.

Donghae: Choa!

Me: I’ve been dreaming of this.  But it’s a little different; it was the first fall of snow when it happened. Anyway, you know, my greatest dream is to be accepted of my mom as her own daughter. Im always praying that. I just wanna live my life simple. I hope that she finds time to accept me finally.

Donghae: Those words were the exact words you said the last time we’ve been here.

Me: so? … So, it was you then. The kid in my dreams, it was you.

Donghae:

“Although as time passes,

We may change.

Let’s not let go of our hands

Just for love

Let’s let this be our last love forever

I wish for that”

Me: …to make my life complete!

Donghae: yeah! Complete.

Me: I remember that. It was a song we composed. Now, I know that all my dreams are my childhood memories.

My tears suddenly flow. I can’t express the feeling inside me. Those dreams were actually my childhood memories. Now, I understand everything. I can now assemble all my missing memories. He went inside of the tree house and took something. A few minutes, something dropped to me. I touch it. It was like a snow. I look up and found him. He was making snows all over. After that, He gave me a scrapbook. I started opening it. I found some pictures of us when we were still kids. Those pictures made me remember everything about my childhood days.

Donghae: I actually stole it on your desk at your room. When I found out that you put all your things at the box, everything about your childhood- and throw it all away, I decided to took it and bring it here. Actually, I always wish that you come back to the real you. I always blame myself for what happened to you.

I started to cry while looking at our pictures. Im so disappointed to myself. How can I be so cruel to the person who was my real bestfriend? I suddenly feel sorry to him for what I have done to him on the first day of our school year. After looking at it, I finally understand everything. Im so thankful that even though I had forgotten everything, he never forgets our childhood. I am so lucky to have a friend like him.