Chapter 23= 7989

Complete

 

Ryeowook’s P.O.V

It was finally weekdays. I went early to school and head at the music room. I’ve been composing songs for Yuri. I want her to hear all my compositions. Few minutes, I heard some noise. It was like footsteps. I stand up and look all over the whole place. I was about to go to the last row at the back. Carefully, I stepped forward. Suddenly, someone stood up. I was scared to death. I looked at the face and saw Sooyoung.

Sooyoung: Aish! Where is it?

Me: Omo! Ya! What are you doing there?

Sooyoung: Did you see my key to my locker?

Me: Aniyo! Wae? It was missing? How?

Sooyoung: I don’t know I think I misplaced it here. I’ve been composing songs here.

Me: is that so? Did you look at your things already? How about to your desk?

Sooyoung: I won’t be coming here if I haven’t! AH!!! Eottoeke? I can’t lose it!

Me: is there something important inside your locker that you need to get?

Sooyoung: um… NE! NE! There is! I need to find it now!

Me: well then, I’ll ask the guard to open it for you!

Sooyoung: NO NEED! It’s ok. It’s really ok. I’ll just look for my key! Bye!

Sooyoung leave quickly. Honestly, I don’t know what’s going on with her. She’s strange! There must be something inside her locker that she doesn’t want anyone to see. I wonder what it is.

Hyoyeon’s P.O.V

I was cleaning our classroom today. I and Eunhyuk were the one who’s on duty on keeping the class clean that’s why. Suddenly, I noticed Sooyoung entered our classroom and sat at her chair. She seems to be thinking about something. I tapped Eunhyuk and pointed Sooyoung. We were talking on a low voice.

Me: What do you think is with Sooyoung today?

Eunhyuk: I don’t know! She seems to be happy last time!

Me: I know! Come on! Let’s ask her!

Eunhyuk: Ya! Are you out of your mind? What if she suddenly hurt us?

Me: YA! Don’t tell m e you’re afraid of Sooyoung? Besides, we’ll just ask her so come o n! She won’t hurt us!

We both went near to Sooyoung. Suddenly, Sooyoung stand up that made both of us Jump of shock.

Me: OMO! YA! You startled us!

Eunhyuk: Ya! Sooyoung, what’s really going on with you?

Sooyoung: OH...um… Did you see a key?

Me: Wae? Did you lost your key on your locker?

Sooyoung: ANIYO!!! Um… never mind. Forget it!

Eunhyuk: Sooyoung, What’s your problem, really?

Sooyoung: just tell me if you see a key; don’t hesitate to give it to me, Arasso?

Me & Eunhyuk: Ne!

She then leaves us. What’s really going on with her? She’s really strange! Aish! I can’t stop worrying about her!

Me: What do you think?

Eunhyuk: Maybe she’s keeping something from us that she don’t want us to find out what it is.

Me: NE! You may be right!

We just went back to our place. A few minutes, Siwon, Taeyeon, Yuri and Kyuhyun came.

Yuri: Aish! My whole body is still aching!

Taeyeon: Ya! Don’t speak as if you’re the only one!

Siwon: Have you seen Sooyoung? She went here to school early.

Me: Speaking of Sooyoung, Do you know what’s going on with her?

Kyuhyun: Wae? Did something happen to her?

Eunhyuk: Well, She’s strange. I think her key in her locker got lost.

Hyoyeon: Ne! But she just denies it. We think that she’s keeping something from us that she doesn’t want us to find out.

Kyuhyun: Keeping something in her locker?

Yuri: well, you know, probably one of girl’s stuff. You know girls put something in their locker, like Make-ups, perfumes, alcohol, tissue, hand sanitizer. Something like that.

Siwon: Weird! Sooyoung would never put something like that on her locker.

Taeyeon: Ne! I agree too!

The bell rang. All our classmates entered our classroom. We saw Sooyoung went to her seat. I guess she hasn’t found her key yet.

Donghae’s P.O.V

 We still don’t have teacher. Well, it’s all because to that “inter-Seoul High Schools” but all thanks to that. We don’t have to discuss for today’s lesson. I entered our classroom and sit on my seat. As I seat on my seat, I found something under my desk. I took it out and saw a key. I took a good look at it. I saw a number on it.

Me: 7989? Isn’t this Sooyoung’s locker number? What is this thing doing here?

Suddenly, Yuri looks at me. I quickly hide the key. I put it on my pocket.

Yuri: Ya! Donghae, why are you late?

Me: Oh! I came from Principal’s office. Wae?

Yuri: I guess you haven’t noticed it yet but something is going on with Sooyoung.

Yoona who is talking with Taeyeon and Siwon joined our conversation.

Yoona: Ne! I noticed it too. I heard from Seohyun that Ryeowook saw her in the music room. She was looking for her key.

Taeyeon: but it’s strange! Why doesn’t she just ask the guard to open her locker?

Yuri: Ne! We think that Sooyoung is hiding something in her locker!

Taeyeon: but we aren’t sure yet!

Me: is that so?

It was finally break time. Sooyoung wasn’t able to go with us to the cafeteria. I guess she’s still looking for her key. I wonder what she’s keeping in her locker. I saw her in the School garden. I step quietly and surprise her.

Me: What are you looking out there?

Sooyoung: Omo! Ya! Stop doing that?

Me: why are here?

Sooyoung: nothing!

She is about to leave when I hold her arms.

Me: Ya! I heard you are looking for your key. And I also found out that there’s something you are hiding in your locker. I wonder what it is.

Sooyoung: Ya! You don’t care! And don’t you ever dare open my locker!

She quickly goes away. I wonder what it is. I am really curious. I went back to the cafeteria. I heard them still talking about Sooyoung.

Yuri: guys, you know Sooyoung. She’s just keeping “Girly stuffs” in her locker.

Hyoyeon: it doesn’t sound like her!

Seohyun: Does she have someone she likes here in our school?

Kyuhyun: Wae? What are you thinking?

Seohyun: well, who knows maybe she keeps her crush’s picture inside of her locker, just maybe!

Taeyeon: well, not far from reality!

Ryeowook: Sooyoung would do that?

Yuri: why not? Sooyoung is still a girl, after all!

Donghae: Sooyoung is keeping her crush’s picture inside of her locker?

Seohyun: it’s just maybe.

Hyoyeon: if then, we really need to see it!

Siwon: Ya! Do you want to get wounded? Sooyoung will never allow you to do that.

The bell rang. Break was finally over. While we were all in our classroom, I went to the comfort room to wash my hands. I washed my hands and took a towel to dry it. After that, I went out. I heard loud noises from the ladies’ comfort room. It sounds familiar. I went nearer and try to hear the conversation. It was Sooyoung and Taeyeon.

Taeyeon: So you mean, the reason why you don’t want us to see your locker is because you are making a scrapbook for him?

Sooyoung: Ne! Something like that.

Taeyeon: It looks like he got you on your knees.

Sooyoung: Ya! Stop it!

Taeyeon: If then, what is it for?

Sooyoung: Im planning on giving it to him and…

Taeyeon: And?

Sooyoung: and on that day, I’ll tell him what I really feel for him.

I was shocked to what I heard. Sooyoung likes someone. And Taeyeon knows who this guy is. I wonder who it is. However, I need to find out who he is. I walked back to our classroom. Suddenly I turned back and saw Sooyoung and Taeyeon. Taeyeon run back to our classroom. As Sooyoung was about to pass by me, I blocked her way. I pushed her in the lockers. I am not trying to be harsh or anything.

Sooyoung: Ya! Hae!

Me: Tell me, what’s inside of your locker?

Sooyoung: what do you mean?

Me: oh! Should I change the question? Then, whose picture is inside of your locker?

Sooyoung: Bwa?  YA!

Me: Come on, tell me! I knew it!

I face her closer and closer until a few centimeters away my face from hers. I can hear her heart beats fast.

Me: You’re not going to tell me?

Sooyoung: Ya! I don’t know what you’re talking about! Ya! Lee Donghae! Stop being harsh on me.

As I face her even closer, she faces away.

Me: Ya! Look at me! Don’t face away. Look at my eyes! Tell me!

Sooyoung: Ya! Lee Donghae!

Suddenly, Yoona came.

Sooyoung: Yoona!

Sooyoung push me away from her and went to Yoona. She holds Yoona and forces her to go away with her. They went back to our classroom. Gosh!  I guess I made her frightened. She looks at me as if I was a bad guy. I really didn’t mean to do that. I was just…I don’t know! I suddenly feel mad. I don’t know why but for a moment I suddenly feel like I want to shout and punch someone. What is happening to me? Why am I like this?

Finally, the bell rang. It was our class dismissal. I quickly run to Sooyoung. I just want to apologize to her for what happened. She quickly took Taeyeon and go. There were many students there so I can’t stop them. Finally, when I saw them at the gate. I run fast and block them. I was catching my breath.

Me: um… Taeyeon, can you leave us first? I just want to talk with Sooyoung.

I saw Sooyoung’s hand. She holds Taeyeon tight as if she doesn’t want Taeyeon to go. But Taeyeon hold her back.

Taeyeon: ok. See you later, Sooyoung!

She then goes. Now, Sooyoung and I were left alone. Sooyoung started to walk.

Me: Sooyoung!

Sooyoung: Wae?

Me: I just want to say sorry for what happened earlier. I didn’t mean it. I am really sorry.

She didn’t respond. I guess she was really mad at me. I went in her front. I took her key out of my pocket.

Me: um… I want to give this to you. I found it in our classroom. Don’t worry I didn’t open your locker!

She took it and smile a bit.

Sooyoung: I guess I should thank you for that! However, don’t you ever dare do that again! You really frightened me. I was scared to death you know!

I smiled a bit. She took my arm and holds it. We went home together. I thought she won’t forgive me. I was scared. Anyways, I promised myself I won’t do that again.