Chapter 24: let it rain!

Complete

Taeyeon’s P.O.V

Everyone seems to be a very busy. Who wouldn’t? It’s now inter-Seoul high Schools. It was Schools gathered together and competes in many games such as Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, track and field, swimming, Quiz bees and performances. Well, all of the students need to join these events for extracurricular. We were all out looking for sports to join. It’s a bit hard to decide since Im not athletic. I was with the girls when I heard that there was a Cheerleading. Yuri and I quickly audition for it and we were able to join the cheerleading. We quickly told the girls about it. Hyoyeon and Seohyun joined Volleyball while Yoona joined Tennis. We were all accepted. We were so happy. Suddenly, Sooyoung came up. We quickly ask her what sport she joined but she didn’t respond. She sat at the bench and took a deep sigh.

Me: Ya! Sooyoung! Tell us, what happened?

Sooyoung: nothing!

Yuri: Ya! It can’t be just nothing!

Hyoyeon: What sports did you join in?

Yoona: Sooyoung, what?

Sooyoung: Track and field and…

Seohyun: and?

Me: did you make it?

Sooyoung: Yes and actually I joined two sports.

Yuri: Bwa?

Hyoyeon: Is that even possible?

Sooyoung: I ask the principal and he said that as long as I can do it he said yes.

Seohyun: So, what sports?

Sooyoung: Track and field and Tennis!

Hyoyeon: Congratulations!

Yoona: Welcome, Teammate!

Yoona’s P.O.V

We all went to our stationed sports. We haven’t met the boys yet so we don’t have any idea what sports they joined. I was with Sooyoung training for Tennis. We were at the Tennis Court.

Me: Ya! Sooyoung, they say that it will be rainy today.

Sooyoung: is that so?

Me: That’s why we weren’t able to train at night.

Sooyoung: Even so, it’s a good sign don’t you think? Rain means a new start. Maybe, we’ll be able to win.

Me: You may be right!

Sooyoung: I am so excited!

Well, Seriously, It’s so hard! Just focusing on a one sport is already hard but of course Im not athletic that’s why it’s hard for me. But still it’s hard. You have to divide yourself. You should be able to train two sports at a time too. Gosh! If it was me, I’ll probably die before the game because of over fatigue. It’s so tiring! I am really amazed by Sooyoung. I wish I am like her too. She’s beautiful, smart, kind, And Talented and even an Athletic one. This girl is really extraordinary. She’s perfect! I do somehow envy her. I am glad that I have a friend like her.

We were finally through with our training. We all decided to go home.  I went home with Yuri and Ryeowook. Kibum was in a trip that’s why he wasn’t able to send me home. We were walking at the streets. Our house was near to Yuri’s house. I asked Ryeowook what sports he joined.

Me: Ya! Ryeowook, what sports did you join?

Ryeowook: Oh! I joined Badminton together with Kyuhyun. Siwon and Eunhyuk joined Basketball. Fortunately, we were accepted and we were able to play during the game.

Me: Wow!

Yuri: Im so proud of you!

Me: how about Donghae?

Ryeowook: Well, I think he joined Soccer.

Yuri: there is soccer?

Ryeowook: Ne! We just found out.

Really? Donghae joined soccer? Wow! It looks like he was weary at other sports and tried a new one. I haven’t actually seen him played soccer so I don’t have any idea if he’s good but I think he can do it.

Donghae’s P.O.V

It was 7:00 in evening. I went back to the school to have training. I head to the ground and saw someone. Who it is? Why is he/she here? I went near and saw Sooyoung. She was here? But why?

Me: Ya! It’s late at night!

Sooyoung: oh! Donghae! Well, I came here to have training.

Me: You joined…

Sooyoung: that’s a secret! You tell yours first!

Me: well then, I joined soccer. And you?

Sooyoung: I joined Tennis.

Me: and?

Sooyoung: that’s it!

Me: then, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be practicing at the tennis court? Tell me, honestly.

Sooyoung: Tennis and track and Field.

Me: you joined two sports? Wow! Very sporty of you! Well, let’s see what you got. Ran 800 meters and I’ll timer you.

Sooyoung: but…

Me: Wae? Can’t do it? Then give it up!

She went to the starting line and prepares herself. I knew she won’t make it. On the count of 3 I said go. She was still on the starting line and not moving. Aish! I knew this would happen. I went to her but suddenly, she stood up and turns around. She ran counter-clockwise. I didn’t expect that she will do something like that. I was shocked. She ran as fast as she can. I wasn’t able to time her because I was starring at her the whole time. I was shocked. A few minutes later, she finally reached the finish line. She was shouting and jumping because of joy. Even I didn’t believe she actually was able to finish it. I thought she would quit. I went to her and congratulate her.

Sooyoung: I did it!

Me: Ya! You’re a cheater! You ran counter-clockwise.

Sooyoung: Wae? We weren’t on the real game, aren’t we?

Me: Congratulations!

Sooyoung: kamsahmnida!

She hugs me tight and let go.

Sooyoung: I have a condition; if I lose I won’t run again.

Me: and if you won?

Sooyoung: If I won, I’ll tell something to you!

Me: Ya! Why don’t you tell it to me now?

Sooyoung: I can’t! Only if I win.

Me: Arasso!

Then suddenly, it rained.

Me: Ya! Let’s go!

Sooyoung: wait! Let’s get rained! I want to play in the rain!

We played under the rain. Even though it’s raining so hard and we’ll get sick we didn’t care. We just play and play. I feel so relieved. I don’t know why but I just feel so happy at all. We were running on the ground and went to the field. We both lie there.

Me: I feel like we are kids!

Sooyoung: Yeah, Me too! I just…

Both: Missed this!

Sooyoung: Ya! That’s what Im going to say!

Me: I said it first!

Sooyoung: Aniyo! I said it first!

Me: Ok! Ok! We both said it!

Sooyoung: Ya! Hae, I want you to be there when I played for the track and field. I want you to cheer for me!

Me: YA! What do you think of me? Your cheerer? You don’t know how hard it is!

Sooyoung: Ya! Im serious!

Me: Ne! Arasso! I’ll be there watching you and cheering for you! I promise!

Sooyoung: kamsahmnida! Because you were always there for me!

Me: Bwa? Oh! You should be!

Sooyoung: YA!

We both stand up and she started chasing me and hitting me in my arms. I was running the whole ground then she finally reached me.

Me: Ya! You are really indeed fast! No doubt!

Sooyoung: I should be! So that I can win!

We finally go home. I quickly went to the bathroom and took a bath. I went to my bed and sit. I took the picture on my desk beside my bed. It was a picture of me and Sooyoung when we went to the amusement park. I still remember that day. We were so happy. I want to go there with Sooyoung again. And on that time, I’ll tell her how much she means to me.