Group Gathering

The Absolute True Lives of Ex-Kpop Idols Kids

"So did you consider becoming a trainee?". I sit back down on the couch with the bowl of popcorn I made for us. I have been thinking of it, but I don’t think the trainee life is made for me. I don’t even want to be an idol or a singer. I just want to sing for fun, and not be tied down by contracts.

“I have been thinking about it, but I don’t think the trainee life is for me.”

“Oh well then.”

“Is that all you are going to say,” I raise my eyebrow a little looking at him.

“What?,” He places the popcorn on the table, and turns to look at me, “You want me to beg you to come?”

“Well, yeah, kinda. I didn’t expect you to just give up that quick. I’m a little hurt actually.” I cast my eyes down, while at the same time trying to peek up at him to see his reaction. Before I know it, I feel his arms wrapping around my waist; he pulls me into his chest.

“Chin-Hwa, come on, why don’t you want to be a trainee? We could have so much fun together, and we can spend all our time together. Doesn’t that sound perfect?”

I playfully punch him in his leg, “Are you making fun of me now?”

“You are really hard to please you know that?” I can’t help but to laugh him; mainly because he looks so cute when he’s agitated.

“I rather be this way than easily satisfied.”

“I think I know one thing that would make you satisfied.”

“And what would that be?” He places his hands on my face pulling  me closer to his. Before I could respond his lips were pressed against mine, pushing me down onto the couch. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

“Can you two please stop?”  Min-Hee throws the pillow off the floor at us. Junsu rolls off the top of me laughing.

“You are always ruining the fun Min-Hee.” Junsu grumbles as he moves back to his spot on the couch.

“Nobody wants to see all that lovey dovey crap around here,” Jae-Hwa says as he walks into the room with the rest of the gang following behind him. You know, except for Haneul those two still haven't made up. I think it's  been a long time since we had the whole, well, most of the gang together nowadays. Kang-Dae is forever stuck at the dancing academy, even though he's making little progress, I feel so bad for him. Min-Hee and Dae-Ho both got jobs working at the supermarket in the plaza, so when we aren't in school they are there working. Jae-Hwa is pretty busy with getting ready to go to college, and Junsu is pretty busy with his training. For Jung-Hwa our mom thought it would be best to keep him busy and signed him for theater classes, he has been absorbed in that ever since. And for Haneul I'm not sure what he's been up, in fact, I really haven't seen him around ever since he and Jae-Hwa fell out.

"Oh yea, I forgot that not everyone has as good of a relationship as Chin-Hwa and I do". " He retorts back to him. Jae-Hwa just rolls his eyes at him and sits on the floor next to Kang-Dae.

"Hey, hey, no need to attack others relationships." Junsu just rolls his eyes, ignoring me.

"What movie are we watching anyway?" Kang-Dae asks as he's grabbing some popcorn from the bowl.

"I think it's Monster University."

"Aren't we a little too old to be watching this?" Junsu complains.

"This is our childhood right here. You are never too old for Pixar movies." Dae-Ho retorts back.

"I'll give you an amen to that Dae-Ho." Dae-Ho leans over and gives Min-Hee a high five.

"Junsu, about being too old for this, you rush to go watch animes but are too old for these types of movies." Jae-Hwa says to him.

“First of off Animes are much different from cartoons. Cartoons are for kids while Animes our teenagers.” He explains.

“Cartoon or Anime as long as it’s interesting, I’m watching it." I add in.

"Same." MIn-Hee and Dae-Ho both say in unison.

“Whatever, the real question around here is when are we going to see Haneul around here again?” Junsu asks, causing everyone to turn and look at Jung-Hwa. That’s a pretty good question. I really thought those two would have made up by now.

“I don’t know why all of you are looking at me, he’s the one who needs to get his mess together. I don’t understand why he can’t understand his fault in this whole situation.”

“But it’s been two years now, I know you got really hurt by what he did, but come on you can’t still be mad after two years.” Dae-Ho says to him. I kinda agree with him, I think being angry for two years is a little too much.

“I stopped being angry a long time ago, I’m just hurt now. All he had to do was just admit what he did was wrong and apologize for it. That’s all I wanted him to do and be genuine about, but he couldn't do that,so we are here where we are now.”

“Min-Hee and Kang-Dae, how is your relationship going?” I ask trying to take the attention away from Jae-Hwa. It looked like he was going to break down into tears. I guess he still has some feelings for Haneul.

“Our relationship is going pretty well. Going one year strong and hoping for many more.” Kang-Dae says, rubbing Min-Hee on his back.

“That’s good. What about your parents Min-Hee? Are the doing any better?”

“They are talking terms now, they even hang out sometimes. But my dad is still dating that man. He’s basically living with him now, he’s even pregnant now.”

“Wait? Are you serious? So are they going to get married or what?” I ask trying to hide my excitement. This is some really exciting stuff, you don’t see this kinda drama everyday.

“Yea, apparently I’m going to have a little brother. I don’t know what they are going to do. I live with my mom, so I won’t have to see either of them at all, so I don’t really care.”

“Come on Min-hee, don’t be that way. I know you are upset about your family, but you can’t take it out on Min-Hwa and your soon to be brother. It’s not their fault for what happened between your parents.” Jung-Hwa tells him. Min-Hee just rolls his eyes at what Jung-Hwa is saying. He usually gets like this whenever this topic gets brought up.

“Still don’t know how to dance, Kang-Dae?” Dae-Ho asks.

“I’m offended by that question. I’m not that bad of a dancer anymore, I have gotten a lot better now. I might not be on the level of my parents yet, but I have a rhythm in my step now. So, I’m really happy about that, and any of you say otherwise y’all can go it.”

“I guess we all are going to be it.” Junsu says, causing all of us to break out laughing.

“Shut up, Junsu. Always have something to say.” He swings the pillow he was laying at Junsu, but he ends missing and hitting Dae-Ho instead.

“Hey, hey, you need to work on your aim too.” Dae-Ho retorts, throwing the pillow back at Kang-Dae.

“So being a little serious now I have something really big to tell you.” Junsu says, getting all of our attention quickly.

“What’s the big news?” I ask him, I’m a little surprise. Junsu usual tells me everything, I wonder why he didn’t tell me about this before.

“There is a chance that I might be debuting soon in a boygroup.” I jump up quickly, letting out a little yelp, and run over to hug him.

“Are you serious? That’s really good news!” I tell him excitedly.

“It is. So far what I know is that it’s going to be five member group. I don’t know what our concept or what are music focus is going to be. We also don’t know who’s in the final line up either, so cross your finger for me.”

“Don’t worry, we definitely are. Congratulations man, my little brother is going to be a kpop idol, how nice.” Jae-Hwa tells him, slapping him on the back.

I’m really happy for him, this is something he has been training for, for the last couple of years. But I just realized that if he did become an idol our relationship is going to become a lot more stressful. I just hope this won’t affect our relationship, but something keeps telling me thinking that is extremely naive of me.

~LJN & CAOC~

It’s been a really long time since I updated, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Don’t forget to comment and subscribe! I love to read all of your comments. Your comments give me inspiration to write and more reasons to update.Sorry if it's a little short. Have a wonderful morning/day/night .