Chapter 9

FOREVERMORE...

 

It’s Sunday. Old man Kitagawa decided to go to a doctor, together with Okai. He’s getting Okai a check up, because of the unusual pains that she’s been to.

 

After the check up, Old man Kitagawa asked Okai to go outside and Okai just obey. As she leaves, she looks back to see her grandpa talking to the doctor. She just sighed and continues outside.

 

“So, what’s her real condition, doctor?” asked Old man Kitagawa, controlling his tremble.

 

He’s very worried that Okai might be in to something. The doctor sighed before to speak.

 

“Kitagawa-san, I will just direct it to the point, okay?” the doctor started.

 

The Old man composed himself and is now ready to listen.

 

“Your granddaughter has a Cardiomyopathy. A kind of heart disease that affects the heart muscle, resulting in inefficient heart function that may eventually lead to heart failure.(Thanks to our ENCYCLOPEDIA. Hehe)” The doctor explained.

 

The Old man was stopped from his sit. “So… w-what will h-happen…to her?” his voice was in tremble.

 

“Your granddaughter is already come to the state that she already needs a transplant.” the doctor straightly said.

**************************************************************************

Okai sees her grandfather going outside the doctor’s room. She immediately stands up and goes to him.

“What is the doctor said, grandpa?” she asked, having no idea.

 

Old man Kitagawa slowly looks at her. Okai became move by his expression. Then, the Old man let a smile.

 

“The doctor said… that you just overdo yourself and cause a slight problem in your heart. He said that you just get more rest…” he lied.

“Aah… but I always get sleepy grandpa… so, how can I overdo myself?”she said and pouts.

 

The Old man’s eyebrows got furrowed. He remembers the doctor said earlier ‘…resulting in inefficient heart function that may eventually lead to heart failure.’

Maybe that’s why she gets sleepy fast, because she’s experiencing a heart failure. She feels weak… that all she can do was to sleep.

*****************************************************************************

They are now in their house, when someone rang the doorbell.

“Let me see whose outside, grandpa!” she shouted and goes to the gate.

 

She sees Keito when she opened it. “Konnichiwa!” he greeted.

 

Okai immediately looks away. Silence came. Keito took a sigh before to speak.

 

“Look, Okai… I’m sorry. I’m not in myself on that night.”

 

Okai looks at him again, seeing sincerity on his face. “So, are you on yourself now?” she asked. Keito gave him a nod.

 

“Okay… I’m sorry too.”  she said.

 

Keito smiled and holds her hands. “Thank you…” he muttered. Then Okai let a smile.

*****************************************************************************

Yuto is in his room, doing his assignment. He heard a noise downstairs.

 

“Yuto-kun!! Maggie-chan is in here!” shouted her mother downstairs.

 

Yuto became startled. He immediately goes to the door and locked it.

*****************************************************************************

“It seems that he didn’t hear me na~” Mrs. Nakajima muttered and was about to go upstairs.

“Obaa-chan! I’ll just go to his room, ne?” she said and hurriedly goes upstairs.

 

Mrs. Nakajima just watches her, going upstairs and just shook her head.

*****************************************************************************

“Yuto-kun! Will you open the door?” called Maggie in front of Yuto’s room.

“No! I won’t! After what you said to Chisa?? You’re not welcome to my room anymore!!” Yuto shouted inside.

 

Maggie got opened in disbelief. “Are you saying that I can’t open this door, huh? Are you testing me?” she threatened.

“If that’s how you see it, well it is…”

 

Yuto was stopped his sentence when a loud bang happened. The door of his room is now in crack. Well… I think it’s only made of a cardboard ( as seen on SENSEI WA ERAI! ).

 

Maggie enters with scary aura on her. She glares at him.

****************************************************************************

Mrs. Nakajima downstair, hurriedly runs to the living room, and looks upstairs.

“What’s going on up there?” she asked in worried.

“It’s just a lover’s quarrel, Okaa-san. Nothing is serious up there…”

 

Raiya, whose eating chips while watching, said without facing his mom. Mrs. Nakajima just looks at Raiya, eyebrows are furrowed.

*****************************************************************************

“Oi! Why did you that!!” Yuto shouted.

“Because you won’t let me in…” Maggie said in innocent, as if nothing happened.

 

Yuto gave him a glare. “You’re not allowed here! So, go!” he said, leading her outside.

“Wait! What’s with you, huh? Why so angry all of a sudden…?”

“Why?! You’re asking me WHY?!” he blurted.

“Yeah…” she muttered in a low voice, eyes down.

You just told Chisa that I’m crazy! You told her a lie!”

“I’m just testing her…how much she likes you…” she muttered again, now looking at him, straightly.

 

Yuto’s eyebrows got furrowed. “How much she likes me…?” he repeated in emphasized.

 

Maggie didn’t response as she gazes down. Yuto let a chuckle. She looks at him again.

 

“Chisa doesn’t like me… In fact she punched me. So, how can she like me…?” he said as he goes for a sit.

 

“She punched you?” she asked in confuse.

“Yeah… but you know what.”

 

He suddenly changed in to something. “That punch made me to like her more… because it only shows that she’s different to the other girls that I have met.” he said behind his smile.

 

Maggie just observes the way he talks. He’s really happy as he speaks.

 

“And on that night… I got the chance to hug her…” he added as he smiles, eyes are sparkling.

 

Maggie became move. “Y-you hug her? That night? When?!”

 

Yuto became startled and looks at her. “A-anou… I still haven’t told you that ne… Chisa and I were locked up on the storage room, when we cleaned the gym.”

 

Maggie’s mouth got open in disbelief. “You idiot! How can you let yourself locked up in there, huh?!” she blurted.

 

Yuto just looks at her having no idea what’s going on. “But the door suddenly closed and…”

 

“Shut up!! Then what happened, huh? What happened on the two of you inside?”

“Nothing!” he immediately exclaimed.

“Yuto! You just told me that you were locked up inside there, with HER!”

 

Yuto became confuse now on what she’s acting. “Maggie…?” he just uttered.

 

Suddenly Maggie stops, face became calm. She looks at him directly.

 

“Yuto… I just cracked off your door earlier… normal girls can’t do that…” she sobbed before to continue. “So… what do you think of me now?” she asked, eyes still directly at him.

 

Yuto became silent for a moment. “Well… it’s very natural for you to crack off things like that. You’ve been strong as a man, Maggie. So, there’s nothing new about it.” he said behind his chuckle, without knowing the feelings behind Maggie’s question.

 

He was stopped when he notice silence on Maggie. “And then…? Are you saying that I can’t be different as her?” Maggie muttered, controlling her feelings.

 

Yuto’s eyebrows got furrowed again. He doesn’t get what Maggie points about. Maggie didn’t hear any response to him.

 

“Yuto! YOU’RE SUCH AN IDIOOOOT!” she shouted and leaves.

 

Yuto was left in speechless.                 

*************************************************************************

The people in the living room became move as they hear loud footsteps coming downstairs.

 

“Maggie-chan?” Mrs. Nakajima uttered as she stands up from a sit.

 

But Maggie didn’t bothers to look at her. She continues to leave their house.

 

“Is she crying?” Mrs. Nakajima asked in no idea.

“As I told you mom… it’s a lover’s quarrel. We should not interfere….” Raiya said beside her.

 

But Mrs. Nakajima’s worried look is still there, as she sits again beside Raiya.

 

‘That’s why I don’t want to be weird as Onii-chan…’ Raiya thought, still his eyes is on the television.

****************************************************************************

‘I just confessed to him already… and yet… that idiot just thinks that I’m strong… as a MAN?!’ Maggie said on her thought. She keeps on running… running away from Yuto’s house… in tears.