Chapter 12

FOREVERMORE...

 

Evening came. Okai just can’t fall asleep, thinking what happened earlier. She rejected Yuto, with his wonderful confession earlier. She was so happy on what she heard from him. But, something is bothering her. Then Maggie came up on her mind. She’s thinking of her… thinking that she might get hurt even more if she accepts Yuto’s feelings. And besides, she still doesn’t know her true feelings about him either. She’s really confused now. Suddenly, she burst out crying, making a noise.

 

Someone rang the doorbell, but it doesn’t stop Okai from crying. Old man Kitagawa opened the gate and sees Keito’s happy face.

 

“Good evening Kitagawa-san! Can Okai help me to my assignments?” he said in delight.

“Gomen ne~ Okamoto-kun… But I think Okai doesn’t feel to have a companion right now…” the Old man uttered.

 

Keito’s eyebrows got furrowed. “What do you mean? Kitagawa-san.”

 

“Well… I think she has a problem right now.”

“Is it about her health again?” Keito asked in worried.

“No… the pain that she’s experiencing right now doesn’t have to do in her condition.”

 

Keito didn’t show any response. “So, Good night for now Okamoto-kun. Be careful on your way~” the Old man said and Keito just force to leave in worried.

****************************************************************************

Another morning for school. Keito observes Okai as they walk. Suddenly, Okai stops. She faced him.

 

“Ne, Keito. Could you say… Chisa?”

 

Keito just looks at him, eyebrows are furrowed. “Chisa…” suddenly, he uttered.

 

Okai didn’t show any reaction. She didn’t feel excitement when Keito called her Chisa, not like when Yuto utter that name. She wonders. Keito noticed her silence.

 

“Ok-chan?”

 

She became startled. “Ahh… y-you know what…” she directly looks at him. “It’s better when you called me on that name.”

 

She smiled and continues to walk. Keito followed her by his eyes. He felt worried in a moment.

***************************************************************************

Okai got to their room. She was about to sit, when she noticed that Yuto’s chair is vacant. Usually, Yuto will come to school before her and delightedly greet her even she’s still in a distance. Suddenly, she feels empty and just gazes down.

 

“How rude… and unfortunate of you, huh?”

 

Someone spoke behind her. She looks back, seeing Maggie standing in front of her.

 

“Do you feel regrets now?” Maggie started again. “He just confessed to you… and yet, you rejected him… how RUDE ~”

 

Okai just gazes down feeling bit guilt. “As I thought… you’re not worthy for him.” Maggie added and was about to leave her.

 

“You know what… I just realized something…” Okai started, making Maggie stops.

 

She looks back at her. “The reason why you’re always gets hurt by him…” she continued. “Is because… you’re not good on expressing your feelings.”

 

Maggie stops in a moment and looks at her. “Maggie… you always thought that making Yuto away from other girls will make him noticed your feelings.”

 

Okai directly looks at her. “But the outcome is not like that… you always get yourself hurts more. You’re the one who’s hurting yourself, Maggie.” she added.

 

“Then I won’t let myself hurt again!” Maggie blurted. Okai was stopped.

 

“You made mistake from rejecting him…” she continued in a low voice and turns her back at her. “Tonight… I’m going to confess to him.” she uttered and started to leave her.

 

Okai was left in worried.

*****************************************************************************

It’s now evening on the same day. Old man Kitagawa sees Okai in frown inside her room. She’s sitting on a bench in the terrace. He immediately goes to his granddaughter.

 

“Okai… is there something hurts to you again?” he asked in worried, thinking that Okai is suffering in her condition again.

 

“Yes, grandpa…” she uttered, without facing the Old man.

 

Old man Kitagawa became move. “Wait, I’m going to call your doctor.”

 

“No! Grandpa…”

 

The Old man stopped and looks at her. “It’s not the usual pains that I’ve been to…” Okai uttered and looks from nowhere again.

 

Old man Kitagawa took a sit beside her. “These pains that I now experience… hurts more, than the usual ones.” she added, without looking at her grandpa.

 

Old man Kitagawa let a smile. “Our Okai is becoming a lady now ne~” he muttered, without looking at her too.

 

Okai looks at him. The Old man looks at her too. “So, who’s the lucky guy?” he asked.

“W-what?” she uttered with no idea.

“Well… as I read from you… you’re in love, Okai.” the Old man said.

 

Okai became move on what he said. She looks away avoiding her grandpa’s eyes. The Old man’s eyebrows got furrowed. Suddenly, Okai became ease.

 

“Ne, Grandpa… how will you know if you’re in love?” she straightly asked.

“Well… having so many thoughts that leads to heart pains… gets panic when someone hit her a direct question about the one SHE likes.” he said, making fun of her by pointing directly on what she totally experiencing.

 

Okai became move again and looks at her grandpa. “And face becoming red… Just like you are now.” added her Granpa and chuckles.

 

Okai turns away and pouts. Then the Old man stops. “Okai… it doesn’t matter to me whoever he is. Just… he will love you faithfully, sincerely… forever. I will consider him as the best guy for you.” he said in serious voice.

 

Okai realizes something, after hearing what her Grandpa just said. She remembered what Yuto confessed to her. ‘Can I keep my feelings for you… forever?’

“Okai?” the Old man uttered, when he noticed her spacing out.

 

Okai looks at her Grandpa and immediately stands up. She was about to leave.

 

“Okai! Where are you going?!” the Old man shouted. She looks back.

 

“Granpa… I just don’t want to miss this chance of getting happy… and this might be going to forever…as what you have said.” she said behind her smile.

 

The Old man gave her a smile. “Just be careful on your way…” he just uttered. Okai let a wide smile and continues to run outside.

 

‘Yuto… I’m sorry… but can I keep my feelings for you too…? Forever?’ she thought as she runs heading to Yuto’s house.