Chapter 11

FOREVERMORE...

 

Weeks had passed. Yuto and Okai become closer. And it made Maggie left behind. As Yuto gets along well with Okai… Maggie’s presence on Yuto is lessening.

 

Okai noticed Maggie entering the room while she’s having a nice conversation to Yuto. Okai realizes something then turns to Yuto. He’s laughing in fronts of her.

 

After Lunch. Okai sees Yuto as he goes back to his seat. “Ne, Yuto-kun!” she approached. Yuto just looks up to her. Okai took a sit and face him.

 

“It seems that… I haven’t seen Fukushiba-san hanging around with you anymore…did something happen?” she asked, observing him.

 

Yuto gazes down. “Well… I don’t know exactly, but it seems that she’s mad at me. Maybe because I scold her for telling a lie to you, about me being crazy…” he said and frowns.

 

Okai let a chuckled. “Well… did you know the reason why she did that?” she asked, controlling her laugh.

 

“She always do that… making lies. For me to be avoided by someone I…” he was stopped and looks at her. And then he blush, thinking that he almost confess to her.

 

Okai innocently looks at him, waiting for him to continue. Suddenly, he stands up. “I’ll just go to the bathroom.” he immediately said and leaves.

 

Okai just watches him, eyebrows are furrowed.

***************************************************************************

Evening came. Okai was asked by his Grandfather to buy something on the convenience store. As she goes back home, she pass on a park. She was stopped from walking when she noticed someone familiar. She goes to her and realizes that it is Maggie, sitting blankly on a bench.

 

“Fukushiba-san… why are you here in this evening?” she approached.

 

Maggie looks up from behind. Okai manages to sit beside her, but Maggie immediately stands up and was about to leave, ignoring her.

 

“Yuto said that… something happened between the two of you.” she said when she finally sits on the bench, not facing Maggie.

 

Maggie looks back in annoy. “Oh! So, you two are now that close that he even told that to you!” she blurted.

 

Okai stands up from a sit and face her. “Why? Why did you lie something like that?” she asked.

 

“Oh please~ stop pretending that you believe on what I said”

“Huh?” Okai uttered in confuse.

“Since from the start I told you that he has an abnormality. You really don’t believe it, right? You didn’t give importance on it, because you really enjoying his companion! Right?”

“Actually I asked him about it… and now I knew it wasn’t true. So, why did you tell a lie like that? When you know that it might ruin Yuto to others.”

 

“Because I LOVE HIM!” Maggie blurted in emphasized. Okai was stopped from her place, eyebrows are furrowed.

 

“I love him that I can do anything. Even if I have to tell more lies about him, I will do it! Just to make you away from him.” she continued in tears.

 

Okai just looks at her with sympathy. “Fukushiba-san… now I understand you.”

 

“No you don’t!” she insisted. “Okay… let me ask you. Leave him alone starting today… will you do it?

 

Okai didn’t response and gazes down.

 

“You can’t right? Because… you’re now on the state of liking him!”Maggie blurted.

 

Okai’s eyes got big as she looks at her.

 

“That’s why a girl like you, who’s receiving affection by the one she, likes. Can’t understand the feelings that I have right now…” she added and leaves in tears, leaving Okai in blank. 

 

‘I’m now on the state of… liking him?’ she repeated on her thought.

*****************************************************************************

Another morning for school. Okai became move when Yuto sit beside her. She didn’t bothers to look beside him.

 

“Ohayou, Chisa!” Yuto greeted in delight.

 

Okai flinched. “O-ohayou…” she uttered without facing him. Yuto’s eyebrows got furrowed as he looks at her.

 

Okai feels awkward now… everytime she got approach by Yuto. The scene between her and Maggie last night, plays on her mind whenever Yuto is around. She’s very aware on her feelings right now.

 

 Yuto noticed something on her. He just wondered.

“Oi, Nakajima!” approached Kento beside her.

 

Yuto is watching Okai leaving the room and it seems that she’s avoiding him. Kento noticed it.

 

“Oi… you really have a something on her, huh…” he teased.

 

Yuto just gave him a weird look and sits on his chair. “Nakajima, you like her don’t you?” asked Kento as he observes Yuto.

 

Yuto got blush and rest his head on his table. “Aaah ~ I like her that I really want to confess right now~” he whines as he rolls her head on the table.

 

Kento let a chuckle. “Then let me help you…ne?” he said.

 

Yuto immediatelty gets up. “Really?”

 

Then Kento gave him a playful nod with a smirk on his face.

************************************************************************

Classes are now resume, but Yuto can’t find inside the room. Okai slowly looks beside her and sighed.

 

‘Where is that guy right now…?’ she wondered.

 

Maggie who’s in front looks back at Yuto’s vacant seat then turns her eyes in front again.

***************************************************************************

Classes were now dismissed. But Okai still can’t find Yuto. Suddenly, Kento comes rushing inside the room.

“Chisato-chan! Will you come with me on the gym, just a moment?”

 

Okai just looks at her and slowly nods, having no idea what’s with him. Maggie glanced at Okai who’s now leaving the room.

***************************************************************************

Okai got to the gym and observes the mood inside. It seems normal. She looks beside her, seeing Kento not around anymore. She looks around but then decided to just enter the gym by herself. Suddenly, petals from a sakura tree falls down all over the gym. She finds it wonderful. Then when she looks at the stage… she sees Yuto standing there. Her eyebrows got furrowed as she looks at him. Then she stops from walking.

 

“Anou… Chisa.” Yuto started. “I-I like you…”

 

Okai became move as she continues looking at him.

 

“I know this is so sudden but… I’ve liked you since from the start. And as the day goes by, being with you, sitting beside you during class, and even when you punched me! I keep on falling for you…” he gulps before to continue.

 

“So, Chisa… can I ask you… If I can keep my feelings for you… forever?”

 

Okai slowly gazes down. She can’t believe on what he said just now.

 

“Oi, Yuto! You sounded like you’re asking for a marriage.” whispered Kento beside the stage. 

 

“Ah!” Yuto became startled then looks at Okai again. “I mean… can I ask you to be my… girlfriend?” he immediately said.

 

“I’m sorry!” Okai blurted.

Yuto was stopped. “I can’t… I’m sorry.” Okai added and was about to leave.

 

Yuto hurriedly runs to her and grab her arm. “Wait, why?”

 

Okai looks at him. “I just can’t…. Yuto, there’s another someone who’s really worth on that kind of confession. And I’m not that someone…” she said controlling her feelings.

 

“But you are that someone Chisa!” Yuto blurted.

 

Okai gazes down as she shows no respond. Suddenly, Yuto slowly let go of her, in weak.

 

“I’m sorry…” she uttered and leaves.

 

Yuto was left in tears as Kento pats his back. Without knowing that Maggie is outside, bursting in to tears, when she heard the confession earlier.