Chapter 18

FOREVERMORE...

 

After one week break, another morning for school is ready for them. Okai goes downstairs in blank, as Keito watches her.

 

“Kitagawa-san… we’re going to leave now.” said Keito, when Okai got to the living room.

“Please take care of her Okamoto-kun…” the Old man said and looks at Okai.

 

But she didn’t bothers to look back.

 

She’s ignoring her Grandpa since that day, she knew about her real condition.

 

Old man Kitagawa just let a sigh.

 

“Don’t worry Kitagawa-san… I’ll take care of her.” Keito said and gave the Old man a smile.

 

The Old man smiled back and watches them leaving the house. When they got outside, Keito looks at Okai. She’s in gloom, as if that there is no energy inside her. Keito holds her hand. Okai looks up to him and Keito just smiled. She smiled back too, but in weak. It made Keito in worried.

**************************************************************************

As Okai got in to their room, she noticed her classmate’s noise. They are holding and looking at something, as they bursting a laugh.

 

“Ohayou, Chisa!” suddenly, Yuto approached her in delight.

 

She didn’t notice him coming so; she became move for a moment and looks at him.

 

“O-ohayou… Yuto-kun.” she uttered in a low voice.

“Ne, Chisa! The pictures that they took in Hanazawa Beach were now developed! C’mmon take a look!” he informed in glee.

 

Okai just look at him with no reaction, as Yuto pulls her through their place. Yuto grabs some pictures on his table and shows it to her. Okai looks at them. The picture shows them… doing the challenge cliff and happily eating barbeque. Then there’s one photo grabs Okai’s attention. It’s a picture of her and Yuto, having fun under the big umbrella. Suddenly, the thought of her real condition came to her mind.

 

“Kento took that picture… I have no idea that time!” suddenly, Yuto exclaimed behind his chuckle.

 

She looks at him, watching him for a moment. Then she turns her look to the picture again… how long they can stay like that, having fun, as if there are no bad things will happen.

She wondered. Yuto noticed her silence.

 

“Chisa…?” he uttered.

 

Okai became move and looks up to him. She let a smile to make Yuto unworried. Suddenly, Kento goes to them.

 

“Nakajima~kun~….” he playfully muttered.

 

The two turns their look at him. Kento is wavering something… it’s a picture. Yuto’s eyebrows got furrowed. Kento goes to him and face the picture on him. Yuto’s eyes got widened, while Okai just looks away in a red face. It’s a picture of them… kissing on that night.

 

“Aaah! How did you capture that!!?” Yuto became alarmed.

 

Okai remained silent beside him, without looking at them, still in a red face. Yuto immediately grabs the picture to Kento and Kento just let him.

 

“I’m not the only one who has a picture like that!” he said behind his laugh.

 

Yuto’s face got red even more and frowned. He looks at his classmates, who are now laughing on excitement.

Actually they all saw it… they are there, watching them on that night.

Okai just sighed and just decided to sit, ignoring their laughs. Yuto just pouts and decided to sit too. They are both still blushing.

On the other side, Maggie didn’t bother to watch their awkward moment, as their classmates are laughing. She’s just sitting there in blank, eyes in front. Suddenly, their teacher enters the room. All of them quickly goes to their seats and fixed themselves, eyes in front.

 

Yuto glanced at Okai, she’s now looking in front, but the scene earlier can still be trace on her. Yuto reaches her and pokes her shoulder. She turns her look at him.

 

“I’m sooorryy….” he whispered.

 

Okai let a silent chuckle. “It’s oookaay…” she whispered back.

*****************************************************************************

“Minna~ do you know that our school festival will be started in 2 weeks?” their teacher said, piss can be trace on her voice.

 

The class didn’t show reaction, as they look at their teacher in front.

 

“Aren’t you aware of it?!” she blurted, now in piss.

 

All in the class became move, noises can be heard. The student representative stands up.

 

“I’m sorry sensei~ we will deal with it now.” he said.

 

Their teacher just rolled her eyes and sighed. “Okay… have responsibility ne?” she said and leaves her class to give them time to have a meeting.

 

The student representative goes in front and started the meeting. They ended up on an idea of a café. They are going to have a café for the festival and they are starting to build their float by tomorrow.

*****************************************************************************

“Ne, Chisa…” Yuto uttered beside her, as they walk to Okai’s house.

 

Okai looks up to him. “Starting tomorrow… until Friday. I cannot be able to walk you home, because I’m going to help, building the float.” he informed, without looking at her.

 

Okai let a smile as they walk. “Gambatte ne! Yuto-kun!” she exclaimed.

 

Yuto looks at her and gave a wide smile. “Hai!” he exclaimed.

 

While being with Yuto… Okai forgets about her real condition. The thought that her sickness might get worst doesn’t come up to her mind, when she’s with him. As if that there will be more tomorrows for them…

*****************************************************************************

First day of the festival, everyone in the class is busy preparing for their café. Yuto comes rushing to the room. He was stopped to see Okai, putting an apron. She noticed him and gave him a smile. Yuto became move and looks away, blushing.

Yuto found her cute, that he can’t manage to look at her then Okai’s eyebrows got furrowed.

 

“Ahh… this is the flour for the cakes.” he said as he goes to her, without looking.

 

Okai took it in blank, as she watches Yuto’s act. After giving it, Yuto immediately runs outside the room and Okai was left in a question mark.

 

‘Why does she look sooo cute na~..?” he muttered on his thoughts as he runs away.

*****************************************************************************

First day of the festival is now ended, their float was now built so, Yuto has now a chance to walk Okai home.

 

“Chisa… actually…” he started, without looking at her as they walk.

 

Okai just looks at him. “When I saw you earlier on that apron… you look like a nice mom who’s going to cook a nice food for her kids…” he continued with a smile. “And it’s a very nice thought… you, being a mom.” he added.

 

Okai’s eyebrows got furrowed. “Yuto… are you proposing… for a marriage?” she said without being serious.

 

“Yeah! I-I mean… No!” he became alarmed.

 

Okai burst a laugh and Yuto just looks away, blushing. “You know what Yuto…” suddenly, she became serious. Yuto looks at her again.

 

“Life has no assurance… we cannot say what will happen in the future so, it’s right not to be fast on things…” she continued, without looking at him.

She’s pointing about her condition. There was no assurance if she can be cured… or not.

 

Suddenly, Yuto feels disappointed, thinking that Okai doesn’t want to be with him, as his wife.

 

They got to Okai’s house, still Yuto feels like that. Okai just give him a smile then enters their gate.

As she got inside she feels something on him; the thought that Yuto might took seriously what she said earlier came up to her mind. She looks back, seeing him leaving. He’s now on a distance, when Okai hurriedly goes outside.

 

“Yuto!” she called out.

 

Yuto stops and looks back for her. “It’s true that life has no assurance… but I’m sure that even if it is like that… I’ll always be wanted to be beside you…” she said, eyes became teary.

 

Yuto let a wide smile. “I am too!” he exclaimed. Then Yuto continues to leave… as Okai watches him.

 

‘Yuto… I cannot promise it… to be with you always. But I’ll always want it…I’ll always want it because… I love you.’ she said on her thought, as tears bursts in to her eyes.