Chapter 14

FOREVERMORE...

 

Yuto decided to accompany Okai through her house. As they started to walk, Yuto holds her hand. Okai flinched but didn’t bother to look at him. She let a smile and holds his hand even tight. They stayed like that, feeling each other’s warm hands. Yuto managed to looks at her. He sees her looking from nowhere with a smile on her face, as they walk. He let a smile too and the thought that they are really now a couple, came up to his mind. It got him excitement and smile even more. Okai looks at her side, seeing him smiling. Yuto noticed her stare and met her eyes. It’s a moment of staring… and they both let a chuckle. A chuckle with both excitement and love.

 

It’s been a minute of walking; holding each other’s hand, when they got near to Okai’s house. They stop from walking, when they see Keito standing in a bit distance to them. Keito on the other side was stopped too, seeing them, holding each other’s hand. The two didn’t show any reaction as they keep looking at him. Okai was about to approach him, when Keito made a move.

 

“Okai… your Old man is waiting for you, so let’s go….” he said, grabbing Okai away from Yuto.

“Wait, Keito…”Okai just uttered, while she’s forcedly drag by Keito.

 

Yuto became move when he sees Okai, struggling from him. “Wait, Okamoto-kun…”

 

When he’s about to touch him, Keito let a punch on him that made Yuto thrown away.

 

“Kyaaa!”Okai screamed.

 

Keito ignores him and grabs Okai’s hand again, getting her away from him. “I said… wait! STOP!” Okai blurted in teary eyes, seeing Yuto bitten by him.

 

“Keito… you need to know something!!”

“What?!”he blurted in piss. “Okai… you just said that THIS GUY is a big nuisance to you! And now? I just saw you! I saw you holding each other’s hand… at night!! So, what do you want me to think again, huh? And what do I need to know?!?” he continued.

 

It’s the first time Okai sees Keito acting like that. She became nervous a bit and just gazes down. Her eyes get tearier.

 

“K-keito…”she started in tremble. “Yuto… just… confessed his feelings towards me earlier… and… I accept it.”

 

Keito’s mind goes blank as he looks at Okai. He doesn’t know how to react. He feels that something in him got crack. He looks away, controlling himself. Okai slowly looks up to him

 

“Keito… Yuto and I are in a relationship now…”she added.

 

Keito just walks away, without uttering any words. He just decided to leave, knowing that he might not control his emotions anymore. But he just ended up crying… at least they cannot see it anymore, as he keeps on walking away from them.

********************************************************************

Okai just watches Keito in worried, as he walks away from them.

 

“That guy… I’m already expecting that he’s going to punch me, right after he saw us. But I’m not expecting that it’s going to be that hurt ne~” he muttered and let a smirk.

 

Okai became move and immediately turns to him, seeing him touching the part of his face which got hurt. She hurriedly helps him stand up.

 

“I’m sorry Yuto! Does it really hurt?”she asked in worried.

 

Yuto looks at her then smiled. “Chisa… I’m not the one who’s badly hurt in here.” He said, leaving Okai a thought.

****************************************************************************

Another morning for school, Okai is now ready to take off.

 

“Grandpa! I’m off to go!” she shouted by the door.

 

She opens the gate. She was stopped to see Keito outside. He let a bit smile.

 

“K-keito…” she just uttered.

“Good morning….” he greeted.

 

Okai looks away, remembering what happened last night. She sighed and looks at him again. She was about to speak.

 

“Sssh…” Keito stops her. “I’m sorry, Okai…” he uttered then smiles.

 

Okai gets teary for no reason and goes to her. “You’re so mean… acting like that last night. I was scared…” she murmured while giving him slight punches on his chest.

 

Keito grabs her to his arms, hugging her. Okai flinches for a moment.

 

“I’m really sorry, Okai…”he uttered, giving her pats on her head, as he keeps on hugging her. “But Okai… if that guy hurts you… I’ll definitely punch his face again, huh?” he added.

 

Okai let chuckle and let go of his hug. “Hai~ but if that guy hurts me… I’m the one who will crack his face.” she kidded and let a chuckle.

 

Keito didn’t show response and just stares at her. He just okay with it for now. At least, Okai is still by his side. He just can’t accept that Okai will be gone to him. Even if it hurts him… he will stay with her until she realizes he’s worth. Even if Okai is in love with another guy….

 

“K-keito…?”called Okai, when he noticed him, spacing out.

 

Keito became move and let a smile. “Let’s go now…?”he said and started to walk.

 

Okai didn’t move and just watches him, walking. Keito looks back.

 

“Okai… let’s go now. We’re going to be late.”

“H-hai!”

 

She runs to him and they started to walk.

*****************************************************************************

Okai got to their room. Her classmates welcome her, with an excitement on their faces. She turns her look to Yuto. But, he just looks away, blushing. Suddenly, Kento stands up from his seat and goes to her in delight.

 

“Congratulations, Chisato-chan~” he blurted.

 

Okai’s eyebrows got furrowed. She looks around, seeing her classmates in glee.

 

“Yay~ Nakajima-kun and Chisato-chan are together now~ Ne~” they exclaimed.

 

Okai let a bitter smile then goes to her seat. “I’m sorry…” Yuto whispered beside her.

 

She looks at him. His head still down and face blushing. He just can’t look at her because of embarrassment. She let a chuckle.

 

“It’s okay…” she said and taps his shoulder.

 

He looks at her then smiled. It made all of their classmates in noise, because of excitement. Maggie who’s sitting on her chair just looks at them with no reaction. Then she turns her look in front, ignoring them.

*****************************************************************************

Lunch break came; Yuto immediately grabs Okai’s hand and runs outside the room. Okai just looks at him, as they run heading through the roof top.

 

“What are we doing here…?”she asked as she looks around.

 

Yuto let a smile and looks at her. “We’re going to have our first lunch together here.” he said.

 

Okai let a smile too. They took a sit and prepare their food, when Maggie showed up.

 

“Yoh~!” she greeted.

 

Yuto and Okai just looks at her, both eyebrows are furrowed. Okai looks away. She thought that she will have Yuto alone. Maggie noticed her silence. She let a naughty smile then goes to them.

 

“Oi, Chisa-chan. Thinking that you can get Yuto-kun alone ne~” she muttered and took a sit beside Yuto

“Oi, Maggie…” he uttered, stopping Maggie’s behavior.

 

Okai just gazes down, controlling herself.

“What?! Oi, Yuto! I just confessed my feelings for you too. So, you should aware by it now, ne~?” Maggie blurted.

 

Yuto became silent. Maggie opens her bento and Okai looks at it.

 

“Yuto, say aaah ~”

 

Maggie took a food on her bento and was about to bring it on Yuto’s mouth. Okai became move. She immediately took a food on her bento too and pulled Yuto that made him swallow her food, instead from Maggie.

 

Maggie just blinks her eyes, realizing how quick she is. She quickly took a food again from her bento then grabs Yuto, but Okai don’t wanna loose and grabs Yuto’s other arm. Okai and Maggie ended up like they are playing a tug of war… and Yuto is the one who’s being tug in the middle.

 

“Mou… Yamerou!!” Yuto whined.

 

Okai sighed and just let go of him. Maggie let a smirk, beside Yuto.

 

“Our Okai seems get easily jealous ne~” she muttered, without facing the two.

 

Okai stands up and leaves them in frowned. Yuto got move on her act.

 

“Maggie!” he shouted, pointing Maggie in fault.

“What?!” she just exclaimed.

 

Yuto leaves her in frowned too. Maggie was left there pouting. Then she decided to just don’t mind them and eat her bento.

“Chisaaa~-chan. Kawaii neee ~ getting easily jealous.” She muttered and let a chuckle.

*****************************************************************************

Yuto caught Okai by his eyes, as she grumpily walks to the corridor. He let a smile, finding her cute on the way she walks. He runs to her.

 

“Wait, Chisa.”

 

He stops her by holding her arm. He then let go, when Okai turns to him.

 

“Don’t bother her….ne?”Yuto uttered, observing her.

 

Okai just gazes down with no reaction. “Ne… Yuto.” she started. “Since when you and Maggie known each other?” she added on question.

 

Okai looks up to him, knowing his reply. “Well… since we were kids. We are childhood friends… why?” Yuto ended up on a question too.

 

“Ahh… so, that’s why you two are that close ne~”Okai muttered as she gazes down.

“Our family is close. So, even if I don’t want to see her often, I don’t have a choice. Mom, will always let her in to our house… and ended up bugging me.” he explains.

“And still… you haven’t aware… that she’s already has a feelings for you?”she sarcastically asked.

 

Yuto became silent for a moment. “Y-yeah… I’m such a dense... aren’t I?” he said then chuckled.

 

Okai observes him for a moment. “Nah ~ you just see her as a friend.” she smirked. Yuto just looks at her.

 

“Is Maggie that close to your mom…?” she asked again.

“Well yeah… I guess.”

“Yuto… I wanna meet her too.”

“Who?”

“Your mom!”

 

Yuto became startled. “A-are you…sure?”

 

Okai just nodded in innocent. Yuto’s face got sour, thinking that it will going to be a shame if Okai will see his family. He’s not ready for now. He still doesn’t know what her mom will be blurting about him. Yuto’s mom is a very straightforward woman and sometimes, he doesn’t like what her mom is uttering about.

 

“Y-yuto…?”she broke his silent.

 

Yuto became startled again. “C-chisa… do you think it’s so sudden?” he demanded.

 

Okai gazes down, showing a disappointed expression. “When your mom let Maggie in to your room… didn’t you think that it’s so sudden too?” she murmured.

 

Yuto became startled on what he heard from her. ‘How did she knew that?!’ he thought. He observes her. She’s still gazing down with no reaction. Suddenly, he traced something in her. He let a playful smile.

 

“Heeey… is my Chisa getting jealous?”he muttered in a question.

“Ba~ka! I am your girlfriend! That’s why I have the right to be jealous. Ba~ka! Hontou ni Ba~ka!” she blurted and walks away in piss.

 

She didn’t bother to look at him, before she walks away. Yuto let a grin as he watches her leaving. ‘I really love this girl na~’ he thought as he keeps on watching her.

 

“Alright! Alright! We’re going to our house this Sunday! Happy?”

 

Suddenly, he shouted in a distance. Okai looks back to him.

 

“Really…?”she assured.

 

Yuto just nod in delight. Okai let a wide smile in a distance. Yuto finds it wonderful… even they are now a couple. Okai didn’t stop in making him falls in love all over again.