Chapter 13

FOREVERMORE...

 

Maggie is now only a bit distance in Yuto’s house, when she sees him standing in front of their gate, looking at nowhere. She stops for a moment and observes him. His face is in gloom. She continues to walk, going to him.

 

“Yoh !” she normally greeted.

 

Yuto immediately looks at her, with a startled face. “M-maggie…?” he uttered.

 

He can’t believe that Maggie will go to him and normally greeted him. As if nothing happened between them. Yuto looks away and gazes down. Maggie goes and stands beside him, leaning to the wall.

 

“So… how is… Yuto these days?” she started, without looking at him.

 

There’s a silence before he decided to speak. “Well… at first I thought I’m doing well. But… I’m not…”

 

He’s talking about him, making a move to Okai. Maggie looks at her then looks away again.

“Kurasagi-kun told me… that you already confessed to CHISA. And… you got rejected.” she lied.

 

She was totally there when Yuto confessed to Okai. Yuto gazes down and let a smirk.

 

“Yeah, right… I’m so pathetic… aren’t I?”

 

Maggie sighed. “Don’t worry... maybe; she’s not really for you… Why don’t you find someone else! Then maybe… you just still haven’t notice….” she pauses for a moment. “That… she’s already right beside you….”

 

Yuto looks at her, eyebrows are furrowed. “Oi, Maggie… I’m warning you. You can’t fall in love with me.” he kidded and let a chuckle.

 

“Why not?” Maggie uttered, without looking at him.

 

Yuto was stopped as he keeps looking at her. Suddenly, Maggie looks at her in tears.

 

“Tell me, Yuto… why NOT?!”

 

Her voice was in tremble. Yuto didn’t show any reaction and just keep looking at her.

 

“Is that because… I’m not HER?! Is that because… I’m not different as HER?!” she continued.

“M-maggie…” Yuto just uttered.

 

He can’t believe what Maggie is blurting about.

 

“Well… I’m sorry!”she blurted. “I’m sorry! Because I can’t be HER... but yet…. I do love you!” she added, still in tears.

 

Yuto gazes down as his mind observes what she’s hearing about her.

 

“M-maggie… I really don’t know that you have that kind of f-feelings for me…”

“Bull!” she exclaimed. “After all this times… Yuto?! Wait, why do you think I did those stupid things on you?”

 

Yuto looks at her again. “When we’re in elementary… why do you think I blurted the name of your crush in front of our classmates … that made you embarrassed? Huh?” Maggie continued.

Yuto gazes down again. “B-but… I thought that… you just want me to be paired on your fat cousin…” he said, without looking at her.

 

“Ba~ka! Because I know that you will not approve to her!!” she blurted. “When we’re in middle school… why do you think I told to the girl that you like that you have a disgusting disease, huh?” she continued.

 

Yuto doesn’t show response anymore and still gazes down.

 

Maggie took a sob before to continue. “You don’t know…?” she asked. “It’s because I wanna show to you that those girls are not worthy for you… because… I am! I am that one… who’s worthy for you….” she murmured behind her tears.

 

Yuto looks at her in sympathy. “But… until now. You still haven’t notice it…” she continued in her low voice. She is bursting in to tears. 

 

“Maggie… I do love you too….” Yuto uttered.

*************************************************************************

Okai was stopped on what she heard from him. She’s standing in a bit distance to them yet, she heard everything. She was going to tell Yuto about what she feels but, it seems that it’s not important at all.

 

Suddenly, Yuto looks to her way and sees her. Maggie looks at her way too. Okai became move, thinking that she’s interfering them. So, she decided to just walk away, leaving them.

 

Yuto just watches her leaving then he turns his look to Maggie, in front of him. Maggie looks up to him too. As if that she’s reading his mind.

 

“Maggie… I do love you too…” he uttered in calm and smiles at her. “Since we were kids, we’ve been always together… and I can’t imagine you, avoiding my presence. You’ve been the BEST friend for me…So… I want you to be the same.”

Yuto became teary as he looks at her, crying. He hugs her. “And if you do feel the same as mine… you won’t let me miss this chance. Because… I know and you know… that I now found the girl who will see my worth.” he murmured.

 

Maggie firmly closes her eyes, as tears continue to burst. She feels calm, as Yuto hugs her. She slowly opens her eyes.

 

“Yuto… I’m letting you go… not because I’m your best friend.” she said.

 

Yuto let go from hugging her and looks at her. Maggie slowly looks up to him, eyes are still teary.

 

“I’m letting you go because… I love you.”

 

Yuto let a weak smile. “Thank you…” he murmured then pats her head.

 

Maggie let a weak smile too then Yuto hurriedly runs away. She just watches him… running away from her. After he gone from her sight… she bursts in tears.

*****************************************************************************

Okai hurriedly walks, making sure that she’s now far away from them. Her eyes are teary as she keeps on walking.

 

“Chisa! Wait!”

 

Someone shouted behind her. She looks back and sees Yuto, running to her. She immediately turns back and walks fast.

 

“Wait! Chisa!”

 

He shouted again. Now, he’s going near. But Okai doesn’t stop from walking… trying to get away from him. Suddenly, Yuto reaches her arm that stops her. She looks at him and gazes down.

 

“Yuto… just go back there. She already confessed to you… so, go back to her.” she said, without looking at him. Yuto let go of her.

 

“I just can’t come back there… knowing that you’re here.” he said.

“Yuto, she might be crying now… so, just go back.” she insisted and started to walk away again.

 

“Chisa! This time there won’t be sakura petals falling over anymore! There is no wonderful confession like that anymore! It’s just me Chisa! So, please be honest now!” he said out loud.

 

Okai immediately looks back. “Even if it’s only you, Yuto… that would be a great confession to me…” she said then smiles.

 

Yuto got enlightened and runs to her. “So… why did you come here?” he asked.

 

Okai gazes down. “Because I thought… that if come here… it will be the same. I thought that if come here… I can say what I totally feel about you too. But, I did not… because I came late. Maggie already confessed to you...” she pauses and looks up to him. “And Yuto seems fine with it na~” she muttered, behind her teary eyes.

 

Yuto frowns. “Ba~ka!” he uttered. Okai looks at him with no idea.

 

“You’re such a rude Chisa! Why do you think I’m now here in front of you, instead of staying there with Maggie?!” he blurted. “I thought that my feelings have reaches you! But, I’m wrong!!” he added and started to leave in frowned.

 

Okai became move and looks at him leaving. Suddenly, she runs to him and hugs him, facing his back. Yuto flinched.

 

“I’m sorry…” she murmured, burying her face on Yuto’s back. “But now that your feelings have reaches me… let my feelings reaches you too…” she added and let a sweet smile.

 

Yuto’s face got red and held Okai’s arms away from him. He turns to her and properly hugs her.

 

“Yuto… my Old man says that… he wants a guy who will love me… forever. So… can I keep my feelings for you too? Forever….?” she said, as Yuto keeps on hugging her.

 

Yuto let a smile, feeling Okai’s warmth. “Even if takes… forevermore…” he uttered.

 

Okai felt a tickle on her heart and let chuckle. They just stayed like that… hugging each other on one breezy night.