Chapter 9: Rage From Both Sides

Secret Assassins

No ones pov

 

 

 

 


"Hey!" He heard the older call him with a smile. Changmin waved his hand at Kyuhyun, trying to get his attention. Kyuhyun smiled back at his best friend.. 

He had hoped to avoid the other for as long as possible but that proved to be inevitable. He panicked under his pale white skin. Not really knowing how to react but kept his composure with a straight, calm poker face. Kyuhyun planned out what to do, smile and not say a word about that kiss from the other day.

 

 

 

 

"Good morning." He greeted with a sweet smile. Changmin didn’t think it was weird, having such a formal greeting from his best friend but it did strike him as a bit odd. Kyuhyun, unfortunately, would sometimes still use formalities with the other, which was when he was angry or upset at the older. Rather than ‘hey’, Changmin did get these ‘good mornings’ but it was rare.

 

 

 

 

“You ok?” Changmin asked, leaning forward in his desk as Kyuhyun pulled his chair backwards and sat down. It made a loud squeaking noise which Kyuhyun hated. He hated uncomfortable noises. They hurt his ears. But none the less sat down.

 

 

 

 

“I’m fine. It’s just this case…It’s been bothering me…” Kyuhyun took his books out of his bag along with his mini iPad, putting it on the table. He pushed the iPad to the side, opening up his science book. Yunho would be here soon, he didn’t want to not look ready in front of the older. However, his eyes kept going back to the gadget. He sighed.

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Kyuhyun turned his head to face Changmin but quickly froze. He moved back slightly, nearly falling off his chair. Changmin had come up too close to his face, scarying the living day lights out of him. He felt his face go red, patting his face too cool it. Changmin looked at the other confused but hide a smirk.

 

 

 

 

“Alright class, surprise quiz!” Yunho slammed a yellow folder on the teacher’s desk. Kyuhyun jumped again, looking at Yunho who was looking directly at him. His face was slightly, angry? Kyuhyun for once couldn’t tell very well. 
Yunho diverted his eyes the other way. He hadn't planned for a quiz. Something in him spired him on. Maybe it was seeing how close the younger's were, he didn't like it. It made him angry. The whole class gave a groan in despair. Many begging Yunho to not give them the quiz since they knew they were going to fail. Changmin groaned along with them, despite being smart, he didn't like tests or quizzes.

 

 

 


"Jung sun-saeng-nim! Why a sudden surprise quiz?" A girl put her hand up and asked. She had big black glasses on, using her free hand to push it back to the bridge of her nose. Her long black hair was down with slight tanned features. 

 

 

 


"Because Hyorin, I believe it's time we test your abilities since we will be having our end of year exams in no more than 2 months. Preparations a will start shortly but first we must see what you can do." Yunho had to admit, the girl was a slight pain. She would ask random questions, even if she knew the answer herself. Yunho knew what her intentions were but they could only have a teacher, student relationship. 
She put her hand down, going silent. Yunho opened the text book and began writing random questions from 1-15 on the board. Everyone took out their note book and began writing. The slapping of the chalk on the board and pens on papers were the only things that were heard. Kyuyun kept his eyes directly on his paper, shifting it towards the board from time to time to see what the questions were. 
"Ok class, 15 minutes left." Yunho finished writing the last question an put his chalk down. Patting his hand away from the chalk dust, he turned around to see if anyone was cheating. His eyes would constantly make their way to Kyuhyun, sitting there for a hole before he realise what he was doing and more his gaze somewhere else. 
"Everyone! Quiz is over, I want you to pass your papers to the person in front for collection." Yunho stopped them. The class obeyed, passing the papers over to the front while many of them were reluctant to let go, they still gave it in. Kyuhyun sighed, giving his paper in. Changmin noticed it and reached out to whisper something but stopped mid way when Kyuhyun's phone rang. It was more like vibrating since his phone was one silent. Yunho twitched, knowing something important must be happening since he made it very clear that no one was to disturb them during school. No one, not even the chief. I it was THAT important, then they had to call the school. This was beyond that. 

 

 

 


"Sun-saeng-nim! Can I get a glass of water please?" Kyuhyun lifted his hand up. Yunho nodded, watching the younger as he made his way calmly to the door. He broke his contact once the door shut, moving back to the chalk board. 
Kyuhyun took his phone out of his pocket. It was Sunggyu. He ran to the boy's toilet, knowing no one would be in there at this time before answering the call. 
"Hello?" 

 

 

 


"Kyuhyun!" Sunggyu's voice shouted. He sounded out of breath, fast and loud footsteps in the background told Kyuhyun he was running. Sirens made everything come together. 

 

 

 


"What's wrong hyung?!" Kyuhyun held his phone tighter. 

 

 

 


"You must leave now, someone's watching you. Leave right this instant. I will be outside your school in 15 minutes to take you home. Tell Yunho you won't be coming into school for the next week." 

 

 

 


"Why hy-" His voice was cut off when a loud beep was heard. Sunggyu had cut off, or more like intercepted. Kyuhyun cut off and took the back cover of his phone off. In the series of wiring, there was a silver chip sticking out. Pulling off the chip, he put it in his pocket and went back to class. 
He walked there slowly. The sound of his footsteps surrounded the hallway. His eyes shifted from left to right, focusing on the surroundings. Suddenly someone jumped down in front of him. A smirk on his face with his hands shoved firmly in his pockets.  
The person was no older than himself. Standing tall and proud, Kyuhyun saw his light blond hair covering most of his face. 

 

 

 


"Who are you?" Kyuhyun asked, moving his left leg one step forward. 

 

 

 


"Daehyun. Jung Daehyun." The boy's low voice spoke. He bowed down, left his hand up to scoop in the air before forming it to his chest. A leg moved back to complete his fancy bow before he went back to his standing posture with a sweet smile on his face. 

 

 

 


"Why are you here?" Kyuhyun examined his face. Nothing good came to mind. Nothing about the boy's posture or aura told Kyuhyun he was only there for the good. 

 

 

 


"Sunggyu ssi told me to you home. He told me to tell you it's not safe here." In a flash, Kyuhyun pulled out a hood from inside his jumped and put it over his head. He ran over to Daehyun, grabbing the boy by the collar and turned him towards the window. Daehyun was about to strike back when Kyuhyun jumped up and knee him in the chest. Falling back from the impact, Daehyun was lifted off the ground and forced into a window. The loud shatter of the glass made everyone inside their designated classrooms gasp in shock. Some even screamed. Many students chose to hide under their tables while the rest opened their doors and ran to the hall way windows and looked out. Yunho and Changmin looked at each other before following the rest. They pushed in front of the gasping girls and boys, seeing an unfamiliar boy lying on the ground and the back of a another on top of him. The hoodie on Kyuhyun's head made it harder for students to notice who it was. Leaning in, Kyuhyun whispered. 

 

 

 


"Sunggyu hyung would never do that. Not if he specifically said he was going to be the one to take me home." Kyuhyun brought his fist up and punched Daehyun in the face. He might not have been an expert in hand to hand combat but he did know how to knock someone out. 
Kyuhyun stood up and looked at the unconscious boy lying in the floor. He looked back ver so slightly at the shouting of the teachers who questioned how the hooded person was. Kyuhyun ran towards the gate with his phone siting perfectly in his back pocket. 

Changmin watched the hooded man sprinted for the gates with teachers following closely. The man jumped into a car which sped off in the direction of the city main road. The car made a loud noise before finally disappearing. 

 

 

 


"Ok , everyone! Back in class!" Yunho clapped his hands, ushering everyone to class. A wave of groans came from the students as they flooded back into their empty classrooms. All that was left was himself and Changmin who was still staring at the window. 
"Let's go inside Changmin." Yunho put his hand on his brother's shoulder. Changmin watched the teachers lifted the unconscious boy away, probably to the nurses office for treatment. 

 

 

 


"That couldn't have been Kyuhyun...right?" It was quite, Changmin voice. Yunho thought for a while. He recognised the clothes the man was wearing but he didn't want to believe it. Kyuhyun was never to go full in when it came to battle. He preferred to kill from afar, knowing up close would affect him too much. He was still human. Killing another human hurt him, even after convincing himself they were bad. Over the years, Kyuhyun came costumed to it but liked to keep his distance for protection and secrecy. Furthermore, his eyes let him analysis the whole picture rather than one place like Yunho and changing could. Though their range was pretty big. 

 

 

 


"Don't worry, Kyuhyun's safe... We'll question him when we see him tomorrow."  Changmin nodded and went to class to join the others.  

 

 

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Kyuhyun breathed heavily. The sprint to the gates from where he left Daehyun was pretty far but it took no longer than 5 minutes to run. Sunggyu was early as usual, being the amazing driver he was when something was urgent. He didn't care if he broke the speeding regulations if it costed someone a limb or a life. 
The drive was silent with Kyuhyun resting his chin on his arm whilst looking at the window. He felt anxious. Usually, Sunggyu would have sparked up a conversation by now. He was getting impatient. 

 

 

 

"Why did you get me to leave school all of a sudden." Not taking his gaze from the window, Kyuhyun began questioning the older.

 

 

 

"I'll tell you when you're safe inside your house." Kyuhyun bit his lip and turned to face Sunggyu. 

 

 

 

"You brought me out of school! You were the one to tell me I could be ini danger! You have to tell me what's going on right now! Who was that guy? Why did your phone get intercepted!?" Sunggyu stepped on the brakes which made the tires screech loudly across the concrete road before coming to an abrupt halt. Kyuhyun wasn't that fazed by the sudden stop, haven been in the same car as Yunho. 

 

 

 

"How did you know y phone was intercepted?" 

 

 

 

"I'm an assassin hyung, not an idiot. I have to be good at these things since the other two are terrible at it! Besides, you never cut me off, ever." Sunggyu's eyes softened at the last sentence. He brought a hand over to Kyuhyun's head and ruffled it. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, but this must be told in absolute privacy. In fact, I'm going to being you to my house. You'll be safer there with me and Woohyun protecting you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i hope you liked this chapter!! It took me so long to write!  

 

Comments and subscribes will be treasured and loved <3