Chapter 17: Two Down, Three To Go

Secret Assassins

 

 

“Noona?” Kyuhyun called out. He thought he would hear his voice echo back to him and that was it but no. The sound of another person’s breathing was nearby. Somewhere in the room was another living person.  Something told him it was Ahra. Something told him it would be her and no one else. Never in his life has he been so uncertain of something but at the same time, so certain it would be her. Never in his life did he believe in God but if there was one, now was the time to start praying. He prayed that it wasn’t his sister. He prayed that if it was, she wasn’t injured. He prayed that if she was injured, that they didn’t injure her hands. He continued praying until there was nothing else to pray for.

 

 

 

“Mmmm.” The other muffled back. It was a muffle to confirm his worst but best nightmare. She was here. She was no longer missing.

Kyuhyun turned his head around. There laid his sister who was down on her side while her wrists tied were to her back, her ankles tied together and a rag tied across to stop her from speaking. He stared at her for a while, not believing in what he saw. Her face was pale but still had some redness to it. She was dirty but in no way battered or bruised. The white dress she had been wearing on the day of her capture was still intact but there were a few tears about the hem of the skirt. Her long hair was filled with dirt but even at her state, her beauty still shone through it all.

 

 

 

“Noona?” He called out again, this time clearer and less frightened. She nodded and did her best to smile at her younger brother but the rag was tied too tightly for her to do anything other than muffle a few words. Finally, Kyuhyun was in his right state for mind. Had this been a mission where guns were aimed in every direction at him, the time it took for Kyuhyun to snap back into reality would have cost him his life. Even Changmin wouldn’t be able to save him. Once again, Changmin was a though that never slipped away from his mind. Even during his darkest times, Kyuhyun still thought about Changmin. What an idiot, he thought to himself.

“Noona! Wait, I’ll come over.” He called out to her. Kyuhyun to his back and shuffled closer to Ahra who moved to sit herself up. The hard scrapping of his arms on the cold hard concrete floor was painful but Kyuhyun had lost all sense of it all. The pain he felt without his sister was a lot worse than this. He was just so happy to see her.  

 

 

 

“Mmm mm” She said. Kyuhyun knew she was calling his name, telling him to be careful. The ground was filled with small shards of glass that cut Kyuhyun with every move he did. There was no escaping the glass. All he did was smile and flung himself over so that the chair was back to its original position once he had arrived next to her.

 

 

 

“Come over noona. Turn around and I’ll untie it for you.” He told her. She nodded and shuffled over to Kyuhyun’s hands which were tied behind the chair. She turned around and felt Kyuhyun rummage through the rags with his single good hand, trying his best not to pull on his beloved noona’s hair. It took more than a minute for Kyuhyun to untie the complicated knot that stopped the two from conversing. Had both of his hands been in working condition, a knot like that would have been a piece of cake. Once it was freed, Ahra let out a sigh, happy the tight rag was no longer there. It felt forever since she could move as she pleased.

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun!” She called out right after. Had it not been for the restrained, she would have thrown herself over her little brother and engulfed him in a warm hug. The wet rag which was covered in her saliva slipped onto the floor beneath her. She shuffled to move over to face her little brother. A gasp left her lips as she examined him from head to toe. Dried blood, dirty and sweat covered her brother’s beautiful face. Tears began welling up in her eyes but she didn’t dare let them drop.

 

 

 

“Wha-? Why-? Ho-?” The words wouldn’t form as she tried to question everything possible. Why was she and Kyuhyun stuck in this situation? How did they manage to find them? What was going to happen to them? She had too many questions but Kyuhyun didn’t have the answers. By the looks of it, he was on the brink of losing consciousness yet again.

Ahra took a deep breath to calm her down, not wanting her younger brother to see her in a fit of panic.

 

 

 

“It’s going to be alright. I’ll get you out of here.” She had noticed the ‘you’ that was not ‘us’ but didn’t say anything. Of course she would notice, she is indeed Kyuhyun’s sister. Even the boy had to admit his sister was good at noticing the small things. Almost too good, but Kyuhyun’s pride as an assassin didn’t let his admit that.

 

 

 

“Where are we?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know…” The two of them began searching around the empty warehouse for anything they could use. As the name suggests, it was absolutely empty. Kyuhyun groaned and threw his head back. The pain was killing him and his migraine was getting worse with ever second that passed. Ahra looked over; worried that Kyuhyun might have been hit on the head and could cause a slight concussion.

 

 

 

“Sleep for a bit Kyuhyun. I’ll wake you up when I hear something.”

 

 

 

“No…”

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun.” There it was the big sister voice.

“It’s fine. Trust me.” It wasn’t that Kyuhyun didn’t trust his older sister. It was that he didn’t trust anyone else. The people who captured them knew of Kyuhyun’s existence. Normally, people wouldn’t know about the Cho’s youngest son. Kyuhyun was a secret that was kept almost as good as the lost treasure of El Dorado. Knowing who he was took some kind of digging. He hated to admit it but neither Changmin nor Yunho knew about his family. Then it struck him. Before he came to, he was being driven home by Woohyun. The man had told him to not do anything stupid before an unknown gas was released which caused Kyuhyun to drift off to sleep. Before he knew it, he was here.

 

 

 

“Woohyun hyung?” Suddenly a loud bang was heard, followed by the sound of metal scrapping the floor. The large double metal doors opened. There stood a tall man in a mask followed by another three in the same masks but clearly had a lower standing than the first one.

 

 

 

“So you’re Cho’s children.” The leader spoke. It was a voice Kyuhyun didn’t recognised. The other three muttered afterwards, clearly conversing over the captured two. Kyuhyun listened in carefully to see if he could pick anything up but nothing came to his head. His concentration had been broken with the sudden pain electrocute through his body. He nearly screamed out but bit his lip hard.

 

 

 

“I see the medicine is working.” The man spoke again, proud of his actions. Sweat fell from Kyuhyun’s forehead as he leaned forward in pain. Ahra called out to him but he heard nothing. He had no idea what medicine the man had used on his but it was ing painful. His body felt as though it was on fire. It took him even ounce of strength he had left to stay awake.

 

 

 

“KYUHYUN! KYUHYUN! WHAT’S HAPPENING? PLEASE, PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING TO HIM!”  She cried. A small light shone from the corner of the room just opposite of the 4 men who stood proudly. For the first time in his life, Kyuhyun didn’t know what to do. His arms and legs were tied up, his body no longer did what he commanded to do and his sister was next to him, crying.

 

 

 

“So you’re Cho Kyuhyun.” The leader walked over to the young assassin. With Kyuhyun sitting on the chair and the man standing upwards, the man towered him with great height. The man grabbed Kyuhyun by his hair and pulled his head upwards. Their brown eyes met each other’s.

 

 

 

“And so if I am?” Kyuhyun teased.

 

 

 

“Hmpf.” The man smirked. He let of Kyuhyun and proceeded closer to the men behind him. One passed him a pair of leather black gloves. He took it and wore them without a word. Kyuhyun watched the man’s every step, anticipating his next step.

 

 

 

“It’s almost time hyung-nim.” The other man spoke. Kyuhyun’s eyes moved over to the minion. The man saw it and didn’t like it one bit. He walked over to Kyuhyun at a hasty pace. With one swift movement, he yanked Kyuhyun’s head to face him.

 

 

 

“Don’t look away.” He whispered softly. The leather gloves met Kyuhyun’s face with a cold touch. He looked at the man dead in the eyes before he spat on his face with anger.

 

 

 

“ you.” He swore. The man’s smirk grew wider as he wide the spit of the young boy’s off his face.

 

 

 

“You know, I like feisty ones but you, my dear, is something totally different. Let’s see what you’re going to do now.” The man on his right took a silver object out of his pocket and handed it to the leader. Once it was in his hands, Kyuhyun knew straight away it was a gun.

 

 

 

“Wh-“ Before he could finish his sentence, the man shot. A scream was heard. Before he knew it, Ahra slammed to the ground with a pool of blood around her torso. She shuffled in pain, while biting her lips, refusing to give into it.

“NOONA!” Kyuhyun shouted, falling over and landing right next to Ahra. Her body twitched and the light was fading from her eyes. He continued to call her name but Ahra couldn’t answer. The pool of blood grew bigger and the light grew smaller.

“WHAT THE DID YOU DO?!” He screamed. The chair left him with minimal movement. All he could do was struggle as he tried to get closer to his sister who’s breath shortened by the second. He was close enough to feel her hot blood coat his shirt and soon, he was covered in it. He reached over with his shoulder to touch his sister’s face. The light had gone and there was nothing left but a hollow empty body. Once warm and full of light was now grown cold and darker than darkness itself.

 

 

 

“Sorry boy. You threw yourself in some nasty . It was your fault for getting too deep. You should have known from the second you got yourself stuck in the same room as that lady.” The overflowing of emotions he felt had blocked him from hearing ever word the man had said. That was until he mentioned someone he didn’t think was part of it.

 

 

 

“Lady?”

 

 

 

“You know her very well my angel.” Footsteps closed in on Kyuhyun. The man walked around and behind Ahra’s now unmoving body before kicking her out of the way to get a clearer view of Kyuhyun’s miserable face. He sighed in satisfaction as the boy had never looked so beautiful. The pictures he had did no mercy on his beauty. To have him in the flesh right in front of him was something he had been waiting for.

“What was her name again? Kim ssi, you know, your old teacher.” His eyes shot wide open. The case he had been following. All because of him, he had lost his sister. It was his entire fault.

 

 

 

 

“No…no…this can’t be…It’s…”

 

 

 

 

“All your fault. It’s your fault your sister is now dead. And now, it’s your turn.” With that, the next part of the pattern was complete.

 

 


Female, Female, Female, Male, Male

Two down, three to go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'VE UPDATED! Did you think I was dead? No way! I'm still alive and kicking! Must admit, I did have to re-read it to get what was happening... Silly me!

I bet you're all happy I finally updated! I am too xD

 

Thank you! Comment, Subscribe and upvote!

<3 <3