Chapter 11: Surprise In The Middle

Secret Assassins

 

 

 

 

Small whispers of the T.V allowed some noise to get through the quiet house. Noise wasn't hated for the other, in fact, some aspects of it was always welcomed in the moderate house. It made things seem, less lonely. The silence was too intimidating and often left him thinking about more personal stuff. Such as, his parents, Kyuhyun and other thing not work related. Changmin had already gone to bed, retired for the night in wait for the next day. 
A table covered with exam paper's scattered all over it was present on front of him as Yunho over looked them. His eyes scanned the recent papers of his class, marking them one by one with a red pen, circling correct answers and crossing wrong ones. Some did fine. Some didn't. He sighed at how many mistakes those who failed, had. They could barely answer the easiest questions, never mind the more difficult ones at the end. Some even had the gaul to leave it completely blank! It was times like these Yunho would reconsider his job as a teacher. Was it worth all the had work he had to do? Planning lessons wasn't exactly an easy task. If the student wasn't learning, what was the purpose of a teacher. 
He put down the failed exam paper on top of his stack of completed ones, moving onto the next one. 

'Cho Kyuhyun' 

The paper read, written in black pen. He scanned through the paper, circling each question. As expected, Kyuhyun got everything right. He was about to move onto the next paper when the 10 o'clock need began, starting with a heart breaking story. 

 

 

 

'Today another family was met by the saddening news of the death of their loved one. The victim has yet to be identified but it has said to be the work of an underground gang who are involved in the black market...' The reporter spoke with their so called professional voice. Yunho looked up at the T.V for a bit, biting the top of his pen. For the past few months, recent news about an undercover gang had been out. Their activities seemed to vary against killing the rich and famous, to the poor and everyday living. What was worse was that it grew as it took the police and private detectives working along side then to crack the case. 
Yunho wanted to spare them of their misery and join in but the cons out weighted the pros. If he was going to put himself on the line, it meant putting Changmin and Kyuhyun as well. That was something he wasn't willing to do. He took on the job as an assassin to protect the people of South Korea and others alike but his family was most important to him. Furthermore the case with Kim ssi was not finished. He had to finish one before starting another.

 

 

 


"26th family so far..." He counted from the top of his head, noting down every name and gender of the victims. This one was yet to be identified, probably due to the horrendous way which the body had been mutated in. It was a horrible sight, Yunho secretly sneaking into one of the victim's death place and taking a look at the body. It was done, from a criminal's point of view, a perfect kill. No clues, tracks or witnesses in sight. It was a clean blow but changed to the nasty as they kept beating at the dead. Kyuhyun had too heard about the case and figured that part of the killer'd pattern. As if had just came out of a horror story, killed without a trace, the killer vanished into thin air. Covered by the darkness as a blanket, no human eye could see them. No witnesses, none left alive. For an amateur, it was a detective's worst nightmare; a random kill. 
The police couldn't quite understand the purpose of the killings nor could they decrypt it. Even for Yunho, it took some time. He knew, the killer wasn't random. It was too perfectly planned to be of such random killings. A motive, moral was behind each of them. They were killed for a reason. 
The killer had a small pattern in his killings though was carefully disguised with the looks of a random selection. It grouped as a 5, altering it's pattern to another when it reached the number, though always in repeats of the one before. 

 

 

 

 

M-Male
F-Female

 

 


Group 1: M, M, M, F, F.
Group 2: F, M, M, F, F.
Group 3: M, F, M, F, M.
Group 4: F, M, F, M, F.
Group 5: M, F, F, M, M. (Most recent one)

 

 

 


If Yunho's predictions were correct. The killer's moves always mirrored to the one before. Therefore the most recent would mirror the first as the 5th line mirrored the 2nd. That wold make the unidentified victim a Female and the pattern would go as such: 

 

 


Female, Female, Female, Male, Male

 

 

Very soon, 2 females and 2 males are going to die. 
It made him chew on his lip with anticipation. Who was these people? How did they become his way? Why were those chosen, killed? As he bit down on his lip, Yunho found himself sitting back and watching as the play unfolded itself in front of him. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun looked at the silver chip, lining it with the light in his new room. He held his phone in his free hand, playing around with it between the gaps on his fingers. There was something wrong. Someone hacked into Sunggyu's phone, someone was targeting his family. It was nothing special, his family was of higher rank than most. Living through fame and money was something Kyuhyun had since little but something he didn't quite think was needed, well to the scale they had it. 
He jumped to sit up, his bed shaking a bit from the sudden movement. Grabbing the laptop which he settled on his bed just moments before (glad Sunggyu and Woohyun packed it with the rest of his things), he opened it and typed in his long password. It signed him in, giving him a welcomed greeting as their master logged on. The silver chip tightly in his grasp was inserted in a little drive he had specially built into the laptop. Sliding it in it's rightful place, the laptop began reading it's information. A screen popped up, typing by itself as it listed out recent calls, it's destination which they were made and texted messages. Basically any out going and in going information shared between another device. 10 minutes had passed and a month's worth had already been recorded. Kyuhyun's eyes scanned each word, iris no ring left to that without the presence of his was moving along with it. He had already gotten use to recording at such a fast rate, noting down only important information and throwing away the rest. It wasn't long it finally began noting down the events of today, it's automatic typing getting a slower as it got closet to the end. 

 

 

 

"Nearly there..." Muttering to no one in particular. The day read:

 

 

 

11:34am 12th June 2014

Incoming call 076 7285 XXXX
Caller ID: Kim Sunggyu 
Location: Unknown 
Duration: 4 minutes and 36 seconds

Forced to cut off. Unknown ID intervene. 
Location: ... 

 

 

 


Anticipation grew over him, watching his screen as it processed the last of it's information. What was probably lasted no more than a minute felt like a year to him. Without knowing, he held his breath. 

 

 

 


... Unknown 

 

 

 

 

Throwing his arms and ultimately his whole body, he fell back on his bed. Arms lifted high, his heart calming but body feeling hot with anger. How could his chip not read it? He had personally made it, programmed it with the best hacks and locators yet it couldn't read the one who had interfered with his and Sunggyu's call. What was worst was how he couldn't locate Sunggyu. It was obvious he was at a crime scene but the location was still unknown. He ought to ask him later. 
Biting his lip, he refused to let a profanity out. Cho Kyuhyun didn't give up that easily! Taking his pone to his hand, he called the only number without a name. It took exactly three rings before the other side picked up. 

 

 

 


"Hello?" 

 

 

"It's me." 

 

 

"Hey! What is it?" 

 

 

"I hate to call you at such a random time but I need you to do something for me." Kyuhyun didn't need an answer from the other side to know the other was going to accept right away. 

 

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 


Hair and faced consealed by his black hoodie, he took his sniper carefully out of the suitcase. The breeze felt nice and wasn't enough to affect his shooting from the range he was in. It wasn't that far, around 100 metres. There he knelt, on the roof of some company building he had forgotten the name of already, not bothered to look down to see it. The day seemed surprisingly light, with the floor crowded as normal as it was in Seoul. Right now, it was lunch break in the working world. Perfect time for a surprise present right in the middle of the street, he smirked. 
He set the frame up, and put the pieces of his gun together. Making sure a click was heard as each put was put in together and pushed in. Placing the sniper firmly onto of the frame, he looked into the scope, lining it with the main road in which his will be driving through in a few minutes. 

 

 

 

"Set up ready." Pressing into his ear piece, he spoke into the radio. Static of the connect was heard until a deep voice replaced it, replying back. 

 

 

 

"Target approaching in 1 minute." His laptop on the side with a GPS tracker locating his target beeped. It got faster as they came closer to the other. The screen had circles in one another, getting larger each time. A green swipe brushed over it like a clock handle but faster. The white dot marked the spot, blinking and moving as if it was a stop motion in broken frames, getting closer to his blue. Quickly, he looked into his scope again, moving his gun up to the start of the road to see when his target was arriving. As if on cue, a black BMW made it's stage, driving at the speed limit like any normal citizen did. But he knew other wise. 

 

 

 


"Target spotted." He didn't wait for an answer. Moving his gun along to keep his sight on the car. It was driving up to the middle of the road. Perfect. His range allowed him to spot the man sitting at the back of the car, dressed in a suit and black sunglasses. There were two girls, one on each side sitting next to him in skimpy short dresses that left the bare minimum to ones imagination.

 

 

 

Tap, tap, tap. 

 

 

 

With that, his ritual was complete and with a loud bam, the shot was taken. Spinning through the air, the bullet flew, picking up speed the longer it was out in the open. Without no mistakes, it broke through the from of the car's glass, lodging itself right in the middle of the man's forehead and into the brain. A clean kill. 
It wasn't until a scream from in of the ladies was heard that they realised the man was dead with a line of blood running down his face. The glass of the car didn't shatter but rather left a slightly noticeable whole hole would be a pain to repair. 
Quickly, the driver stopped the car, making another collide into it and left with the girls running out as quickly as possible. The collision had made the driver hit the front of his head on the steering wheel, knocking him out cold. In a matter of minutes, both cars burst into flames, cooking one alive and the other one into a crisp. The bullet melted at the heat took over. It was once again specially made to get rid of evidence against as suspicion it was younger as he had a habit of putting some kind of mark to show it was his. Though he would change it ever so slightly with every magazine he used up. 

 

 

 

"Target, exterminated."

 

 

 

"Good job. You won't be hearing from him again." 

 

 

 

"Money has been transferred. Use it well." 

 


"Always." With that, the line went dead. Kyuhyun sighed, knowing Changmin wasn't there to help him clean up the mess he had made.