Chapter 15: A Sudden Change

Secret Assassins

 

 

        As much as Changmin wanted to stay in the back up with Kyuhyun, Yunho wouldn’t allow it. It was their usual way to go their separate ways with Changmin being in front and Kyuhyun being in the back with his sniper but Changmin felt that Kyuhyun needed him right now. It was a risk to allow Kyuhyun to go alone with the mental conditions he was in but it was a risk Yunho was willing to take. They were difficult obstacles to overcome but if anyone was going to do it, it would be Kyuhyun.

         Their plan had to be followed through perfectly. One slip up meant their lives were at stake. It was unexpectedly the black market they were following. The very same ones who has been on the recent news for over a month. They had killed a total of 26 people, possibly more without their knowledge. Tackling such a killer was always difficult. However, the killer’s moves were seen right through Yunho’s eyes. The one that was recently killed was a female and the next on that list was Kyuhyun’s sister.

 

 

Female (Deceased), Female (Kyuhyun’s sister) , Female, Male, Male

 

 

      He went over the ordering again. Adding Kyuhyun, there were 4 of them. His father, his mother, older sister and Kyuhyun. That makes up for the future deaths. It all came to what the ordering was. Kyuhyun’s mother would be next and the males would be his father and himself. The only factor which could be changed was which out of the father and Kyuhyun would be killed first.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

‘What do we do? What do we do?!’ There was a strange feeling being the one who was dangling off the cliff on sanity and falling into the pit of insanity. He was usually the one to watch the ones dubbed as insane behind the glass. Kyuhyun knew that Changmin and Yunho didn’t like him going. Truth be told, he hated it. It reminded him of his mother. Crazy, insane, no longer human. Those where the words that best described them. For Kyuhyun, he felt he was close to being one of them.

 

 

‘Listen to me Kyuhyun. We will bring her back. I promise you.’ There was something in Yunho’s voice Kyuhyun had never heard before. It made him uncomfortable and scared. It was uncertainty. The thought of his voice continued to plague his mind. Even as they sat in the car, making their way to the killer’s soon to be grave. Kyuhyun promised himself to kill every single one of them for touching his sister and making them pay for that.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Kyuhyun, can you hear me?” There was slight static in the radio as their distance between them began further apart. His big silver suitcase felt heavy in his hand. The weight of all the burden carried on his shoulder. He was going to save his sister, no matter what.

 

 

“Yes.” His legs felt heavy. Every step forward was killing him.

 

 

        The people continued their day as they paid no attention to the young assassin. To them, he was nobody. Just another normal boy but that was not the case. What he held could in his right hand could easily kill thousands of people. Kyuhyun kept his head down ever so slightly, ignoring the constant stares of the strangers. This was no place for him to be, the headquarters of Aurora Industries. It was known for the biggest industry in trade and finance of many other leading world companies. It worked like a bank, supplying good and money to large industries for a part of their shares. The bigger the profits a company made, the bigger shares they received. It owned shares of nearly every company possible, from SM Entertainment in South Korea down to Ikea in Sweden. The amount of profits they made a day would go into the millions, ranking them from its vast amount of shares. A loss was a thing they yet to experience. Their power could even lead to changes within the government.

 

 

“Remember, 1-2-3 format.” They were going to fight head on. Yunho was in lead while Changmin and Kyuhyun came as the backup.

        Changmin followed Yunho inside Aurora’s second headquarters. It stood right opposite each other like the piece of bread in a sandwich with the road as its filling. They were unsure to who the killer was, nor did they know the location of Kyuhyun’s sister. However, they were sure this building held the answers. It was a big operation. Innocent people could be killed within the building and most importantly, so could theirs. Each mission gave them a chance at death but this one felt closer to home. It was unknown to them why that was. Maybe the fact that a one of their member’s family was taken. But they do know this, they felt more dead than alive at this very moment.

 

 

        Kyuhyun went inside the elevator. He could hear the movements of Changmin and Yunho through his ear piece. It stopped working for time the he was in the elevator but he knew nothing bad was going to happen. He counted the seconds it took for him to reach the top floor.

 

 

’58... 59… 60.’ The elevator door opened with a ‘bing’ sound. The floor ended on floor number 45. He had to go to the rooftop which was floor number 50. Kyuhyun gripped onto his silver suitcase, taking a step forward out of the elevator. The air felt different than it did from the ground floor. He took a deep breath in and out. The 5 flights so stairs had never felt so long. He kept his eyes opened for any security cameras. He managed to avoid exactly 32 so far, with the 2 of the cameras in the elevator since it was full, there was no chance they could have seen his face.  Furthermore, he kept his head down so all they could see was his chocolate brown hair. A hat or a hoodie on his head would make him too suspicious and the security would be at him in mere seconds.

      He quickened his pace towards the double metal doors. Before he entered, he pushed the metal bar to unlock it. The doors felt as if they opened by themselves. Stars lit up before him it a bridge to show his path. It was beautiful. The darkness of the sky contrasting the light of the stars. A fire which burned brightly up above, watching those who stood below them. Kyuhyun ran to the end of the building, not wanting to waste any time.

 

 

“In position.” He could hear a hum of acknowledgement from the other side from the other two assassins. Putting the suitcase down, he opened it. Sniper at the ready, the coldness of the metal cooled his flaming heart. Quickened heart beats, sweat fell from his forehead; this was where he was meant to be. Kyuhyun wasted no time putting himself in position. He laid down on his stomach against the cold, hard ground, looking through his scope. The building had nothing suspicious to it as he scanned its premises.

 

 

“Stand by.” Changmin’s voice resonated in his head. The voice the male possessed did a number on Kyuhyun’s body but he did his best to remain normal.

 

 

“Roger that.” Changmin and Yunho was reaching the 3rd floor when Kyuhyun announced he was in position. Though it was a second headquarter, the building seemed to have more security that the main. It was weird how that came to be but it was nothing for the 2 assassins. It meant taking longer to reach their target but it was time they were willing to spend.

        As they made their way up the back stairs, Yunho suddenly stopped his brother. Changmin was in a hurry and didn’t see Yunho’s arm up to his chest until they collided against one another.

 

 

“What’s wrong hyung?”

 

 

“Something’s coming.” Faint but distinct footsteps of not one, not two but a group of people began coming their way. Yunho could hear it through the ceramic floors with its vibrations becoming stronger by the minute. Yunho and Changmin took their guns out from behind, switching the safety off. Changmin listened carefully.

“Any second now. Be ready.” Those words lingered for a couple of seconds when a shout came from the top of the stairs. A wave of shouts ran through the air as a number of armed guards ran their way.

“Kyu!” Yunho shouted, shooting the closed guard on the leg. He tried to look for a window which allowed the outside to see through. However, there was no such thing along the stairwell. He and Changmin would have to take the guards out themselves.

 

 

“Ambush?”

 

 

“Yes! Find the one responsible.” Changmin answered to Kyuhyun, shooting the men who ran towards them. They bared guns and knives skill-fully not wasting their bullets unless they had a clear shot. Changmin and Yunho had difficulty fighting the 20 or so guards that stood their way. They had managed to shoot down a couple but it wasn’t enough. They had their experiences, having fought over 200 men in one raid but none were as killed as the group that stood before them.   

 

 

“MIN! WATCH OUT!” Yunho grabbed onto the back of Changmin’s shirt and pulled him back. A bullet just missed his head, piecing through the fine hairs of his fringe. He was shocked for a second, feeling the wind beneath the bullet on his bare skin. Without a second pause, he quickly ran towards the shooter, kicking him in the stomach before using the back of his gun and hitting the man hard on the back of his neck. The impact knocked him out instantly.

 

 

“Target located?!” Yunho shouted, feeling the time flow from under their noses. Fighting here was useless.  The one responsible would have had a million chances to escape.

 

 

“Negative. Target is nowhere to be found!” Even using his scope, he couldn’t find the leader anywhere. He had looked through almost every room in the building but negative. The presence of natural born killer was nowhere to be seen. Usually it was easy to find someone who had committed a crime and wanted to be. Signs would literally point to them screaming the words ‘It’s me!’ They wanted Kyuhyun to find them, having sent the video of his sister directly to him. No killer who wanted to hide their existence do that.  Especially if they had done their research, they would have known Kyuhyun was a professional sniper. His background was well hidden but there was a number of people intelligent enough to hack into the Seoul police systems. Especially if the police had been locating their every move (which was highly possible). Their systems were ‘top notch’ but there was a 40% chance with those of high intelligence and skills in hacking systems to get through.

        The light began to switch off as the darkness of the night overpowered them. People began to leave the buildings one by one as their long shift finally finish. He watched in shock, gabbing his sniper, taking it off the stand and running over to the edge. ‘No! NO! He has to be here somewhere!’ There was a chance his target had already left of was starting to leave. There was a chance his target would be one of those people exiting the building now. Kyuhyun wasn’t going to let them get away.

 

 

“3 moving up front. 3-1-2, Standby.” Kyuhyun said, pulling his mike closer to his lips before ripping his ear piece out of his ear and throwing it aside, along with his radio. Kyuhyun packed his sniper in inhuman speed, disassembling the parts before closing the suitcase and throwing the heavy case across to the building neighbouring the one he was on. Not looking back, he ran towards the metal doors and proceeded his way downstairs. A small hand gun was hide under his large sleeves in case of a sudden ambushed allowed him to feel ready for the upcoming fight.

 

 

“Kyu?! Answer me dammit! KYU!” Yunho shouted in his microphone but there was no response. The line was dead and the only thing he could hear was a static sound coming from Kyuhyun’s ear piece.

“! Min! Kyu changed the formation! Fall back this instant!”

 

 

“Roger!” The two brother slowly turned back in hope of a clean retreat. The first priority on their list was no longer Kyuhyun’s sister but the boy himself. Changing the formation last minute caused a lot of problems. It allowed the ones in the front lines to be in the open without any back up for a specific time as the person in back made their way to the front lines. Unless it was planned, there was no way to prevent this opening from happening. Within that minutes, one of them could get injured, or worse, killed.

 

 

“Mission has been aborted. New mission is now put in place. Find Kyuhyun.”