Chapter 21: Woohyun's Part

Secret Assassins

 

There was a silence that lasted a minute but felt like forever. Woohyun allowed the assassins time to process the new information given to them. They had known Kyuhyun as the son of an office worker in Seoul while his mother was your average housewife. Woohyun had known this since Kyuhyun had told them when he announced he became friends with the Jung family. Kyuhyun had mentioned having an older sister but never told the two her name as he joked that he wanted to protect her from them. But at the same time, the life of Kyuhyun being some big shot’s son made more sense than what he had told them. There was this aura to him that made him a lot different than your average person.

The two had their doubts but didn't dare to question the other in case he got upset. Kyuhyun had become something incredibly precious to the Jung’s over time without them knowing. However, being the son of the President was something they would never have expected, especially since he had a part time job of being an assassin. But that was until someone said it when their expectations were thrown aside. Kyuhyun was something bigger, bigger than what anyone could expect.

 

 

 

“W-What?” Yunho let out a curse in his mind as his stuttered words sold him out. Of course he was shocked. The boy he had known for so long turned out to be the President’s son. And not just any President, it was Cho Younghwan! With their job, there was easily a chance that there would be someone hiring them to kill the President. Yunho turned sour at the though that he could have been the one to end Kyuhyun’s family.

 

 

 

“Why didn't he tell us?” Changmin was surprisingly calm when it came to taking in the news but Yunho knew his little brother. The boy was breaking inside. If Kyuhyun had lied about his family, who knows what else he could have lied about during their time with them. But Kyuhyun wasn't that type of person. He only lied for their safety.

 

 

 

“He wasn't allowed. We were monitoring him.” Woohyun answered, taking a small meatball and placing it in his mouth. He chewed for a it bit before he swallowed feeling grateful that the taste was actually quiet good.

 

 

 

“What do you mean, we?” Yunho asked, cocking up an eyebrow as he did so. The Chief looked at him for a bit unsure of how to answer the question.

 

 

 

“Of course there are others. There was no chance of securing his safety after I was made Chief. But Kyuhyun is special. He only allowed one more person to guard him. Who that person is, I'm afraid I cannot say.You don't have to worry about Kyuhyun’s father knowing what he does in the background. Both that person and I are bound by Kyuhyun which means we cannot go against his orders.” Changmin nodded, taking every piece of information in carefully. Yunho was glad that Kyuhyun’s father didn't know what the boy did behind his back as that meant there was a chance of Changmin and him being in danger. People knew of their existence but only a few knew of them by face. If their identity were ever leaked, it was easy for the three of them to clean up the mess. By clean up, they meant kill those who ratted them out. However, if the government had word of it, they would spread their faces all over the country, making it impossible for them to continue living like normal people. They would have to go into hiding which Yunho would prefer not to do since he wanted Changmin to have a ‘normal’ life as much as the boy didn't mind either way. All he needed was Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

“But still...”

 

 

 

“Do you think he could really say, ‘Hey! By the way, I'm the son of Cho Younghwan.’ who at the time was a middle aged politician with already enough power and people backing him to make him president? His existence was kept hidden for a reason. He wasn't even allowed to go to elementary school and was forced to be homeschooled. There a lot of people who wish to use him and abuse him for who his father is. We had allowed Kyuhyun to enter a public school with the condition that he kept his identity hidden. If he fails, he would have to stay within private walls and be homeschooled like all the rich kids with famous parents once again. His only other option was to be sent to one of those private schools that no one has heard of due to its protection scheme.” Woohyun sighed, knowing that his words were harsh, especially since he knew Changmin had deep feelings for the other.

“I'm sorry Changmin-ssi but that's how it is. Kyuhyun could be killed at any time. Though I must admit, it was a blessing for us when he met you two, especially after finding out your exceptional skills but Kyuhyun must remain guarded, even to the people closest to him.”

 

 

 

“No…I understand.” Changmin gave a defeated look.

 

 

 

“Thank you.” Woohyun gave the youngest a nod of appreciation.

 

 

 

“Now tell us. Why did you call us here on such short notice? Surely it wasn't just to reveal Kyuhyun’s parents to us.” Yunho spoke, bringing their conversation to a different subject. Woohyun smiled, knowing the assassins were a lot smarter than your average police detective. However, his face quickly turned as he began talking.

 

 

 

“That is correct. As you know, it has been some time since Kyuhyun has been to school. He has been living with me for the time being. On his last day, he was targeted by an unknown group who managed to successfully found out about Kyuhyun and enter your school grounds, hoping to perform an assassination. Luckily, my partner managed to warn Kyuhyun and pick him up, taking him to my home.” The man paused before speaking.

“I was ordered to bring Kyuhyun to the Cho’s hidden home where his mother and father currently reside but during our drive there, we were ambushed and he was taken by some thugs. They currently have Kyuhyun and we need your help to get him back.”

 

 

 

“How do we know you’re telling the truth?” Woohyun took a phone out of his pocket. The rose gold case indicated that it did not belong to him but that of a female. He unlocked the phone and opened up a video before placing the phone in front of the two Jung brothers. They watched in horror as Kyuhyun's voice cried out, screaming and crying with horror as the shots were fired. The video ended abruptly. Changmin stood up immediately, fuming with anger, his chair screeching loudly against the ceramic floor.

 

 

 

“Who the is that?” Changmin swore aloud.

“I'm going to kill him!” Before he could escape, Yunho grabbed Changmin’s arm, pulling him back.

 

 

 

“Jung Changmin!” Yunho spoke with authority as the younger was pushed back onto his chair. Changmin looked up to meet this brother’s eyes, staring into the deep orbs with anger raging in him.

“Calm down.” His voice was full of hidden anger towards the men he saw in the video but he tried to conceal it. He strained himself to keep calm in front of Changmin, knowing his anger would only set the younger off even more.

 

 

 

“Your brother is right, Changmin-ssi. Your anger will only become a weakness to you. When and if you were to come into contact with these people, this weakness will become their weapon which in turn, will be used against you. You cannot afford to lose if you want to get Kyuhyun back.”

 

 

 

“Then what the have you been doing? While Kyuhyun is suffering, here you are doing all. You're meant to be protecting him. JUST WHO THE ARE YOU ANYWAY?!” The only thing stopping Changmin from putting a bullet in Woohyun’s head was Yunho who was currently holding the younger back. He didn’t mean those harsh words but his emotions had gotten the better of him. Kyuhyun was hurt. Kyuhyun was in danger. Kyuhyun was dying. Those were the only things Changmin could think about. He hated how those thoughts could impact him so much.

 

 

 

“CHANGMIN!” The teacher shouted, his voice echoing through the whole house. Yunho’s voice silenced everyone for a moment as the brothers looked at each other. The elder could feel Changmin weaken under his grip after a while. His breathing had become more stable and finally, he was able to listen to reason.

 

 

 

“No, he’s right Yunho-ssi. I apologise for not making myself clear. I'm Nam Woohyun, Chief of Seoul Police (as the already knew) and also personal bodyguard for the Cho family.” Woohyun stood up, moving to the side. Hope bowed his head and knelt down, his head touching the cold floor. It was more of an apologetic bow than anything else. I’m sorry for putting Kyuhyun in danger.

“It is because of me that Kyuhyun is now in those bastards hands. I was meant to protect him, I am bound by him but at the same time, I must follow every order given to me by President Cho.” As much as Woohyun tried to hide it, the choke in his voice was obvious. The two could tell that Woohyun cared deeply for Kyuhyun but that wasn’t enough to take the anger away from them completely. The Chief stood up but kept his head down, not daring to look at the other two in the eyes.

 

 

 

“So you're just the President’s dog.” Changmin spat in anger.

“You'll do anything to please him even if it means putting Kyuhyun in danger! You're pathetic.”

 

 

 

“Yes.” Woohyun agreed. There was no need to deny anything because that was what he was. The truth could be hidden but not forever. He had betrayed not only Kyuhyun but Sunggyu as well. His promise to protect Kyuhyun was broken the minute he invited Kyuhyun to his car. Woohyun didn't want to do it but what could he do? He might have been the Chief of police but the man was the president of South Korea. Woohyun was a puppet for the higher ups.

 

 

 

“Then what do you want? Being here isn't exactly your best option.”Yunho asked as he removed his hand from Changmin's. He stayed sitting on the stood, afraid that if he moved, he would do something he regretted afterwards. Even after the talk they had, Yunho was unsure why Woohyun was here. Kyuhyun was in danger and had to be saved. What else was there? As much as he loved the younger, he couldn't do anything given their situation. Not when Kyuhyun's background meant that the whole South Korean police force and more would be sent to find the boy. Yunho and Changmin could end up getting killed for stepping on their grounds. Regarded as an enemy, the two of them could be shot down and hunted without mercy.

 

 

 

“No. it's my only option.” Yunho raised a brow.

 

 

 

“What do you mean?” Yunho asked.

 

 

 

“They want plan to use Kyuhyun as bait.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

~12 hours into the future~

 

 

 

The man sat down in his seat, overlooking the rest of the people who sat down after him. He smiled, bringing his cup of hot tea to his lips before one of the people stood up to present.

 

 

 

“You have been called for this meeting today to discuss the recent murders around Seoul.” The man began as the rest watched and listened.

“It has come to our attention that there has been some rebellion within the underground society. 26 deaths have already been announced to the public with one body yet to be found and another who is held in captivity. As per our meeting two days ago, we will be holding a vote.” The people around the table nodded their heads. The man held a paper close to him, skimming through the contents before he continued.

“Plan: Demolish the Underground Society, all those in favour?” There was no need to ask the opposing question. All hands up at that very moment. The man nodded before sitting himself down. All eyes were now on the president who had his chin resting on his folded hands.

 

 

 

“Begin the operation.” He said.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Demolish the Underground Society aka D.U.S:

 

Prototype 1 and 2 will be sent to the enemy's hideout. Once their location has been confirmed, the secret service will be sent to eliminate all that is there.

 

Participants: 350

Enemies: 150

Duration: 1 day(s)

 

Plan commence: 3 day(s)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Once again, past me was very good and had already written half of this chapter~