Chapter 6: New Dawn

Secret Assassins

 

 

No one's Pov

 

 


Yunho woke up. He had chosen to call in sick knowing that neither of the two younger's would want to come in feeling deprived of sleep and energy. He opted for a morning run to keep in him shape. It was only 8am but was 2 hours later than he would normally wake up. He felt refreshed but mentally drained. Having too much sleep wasn't always the best thing for him as it made him weaker most of the time. Once in a while was fine, like today for instant. 
The jumped out of bed, slipping into his dark grey, fluffy slippers and made his way to the bathroom. Their house was big, too big with only him and Changmin living there but it wasn't suffocating. They had 4 rooms. One was Yunho's bedroom and the other one the opposite side belonged to Changmin. There was a guest bedroom in the far end on the corridor and an office where Yunho worked when filing the paperwork of his assassin job, not to mention another filing cabinet for graded papers in his schooling job. It was located closer to the stairs and just next to Yunho's room. Needless to say, he didn't like that room very much. 
He brushed his teeth, showering later since running would always cause his to break up a sweat. Jogging shorts and a t-shirt was all he really needed. Making sure he didn't make much noise leaving his room, he closed it as slowly as possible before going down the stairs and to the front door. He put on his running shoes and headed out. It was a really sunny day, perfect for a jog or laze around. He felt sorry for those children who were being cooped up in the classrooms but what was he to do. He ran around the streets, in the direction if the closest park. It was always a morning routine for him to run, waking up at 6am everyday and running for about an hour before going back home to cook breakfast and wake Changmin up. 

 

 

 

"Good morning Yunho ssi!!" He heard someone greet him from behind. He turned around to see someone which seemed familiar to him but wasn't quite sure. He looked at the man's body language and how he was.

Annoying, talkative, loud, need to watch out

 

 

 

"Good morning to you too..." The man looked at him with arms folder across his chest.

 

 

 

"You don't know who am I, do you?" Yunho chuckled and scratched the back of his head. He had been caught. He was never one to remember people's names very well, he would often struggle at school for not remembering the students names of getting them mixed up with a sibling. He only remembered those he needed to and that was criminals and people from the police force. Other than that, he would block away since it would waste too many space in his brain.

To his surprise, the man seemed very good at reading, or that Yunho was really bad at acting. If it wasn't in front of a convict, there was no need to act that much.

 

 

 

"Kim Jaejoong, I'm a reporter for KBS news. We met few months ago when we bumped into each other in the cafe. A flashback of that day came to Yunho's mind. It was raining at he had just finished grading papers in school. Everything was fine until the rain acted up and force Yunho to refuge in a nearby cafe. He was slightly wet but not enough to be called soaked. On the other hand, when Jaejoong came in and was drenched head to toe. All the other tables were taken so he had no choice but to sit with Yunho. Yunho didn't mind but Jaejoong seemed like the type to talk a lot which was unfortunately true. He managed to block off most of Jaejoong's small talks with the small answers of yes and no without seeming rude. It wasn't until and hour or 2 when the rain finally lifted and the two parted ways.

"How have you been?" Jaejoong asked as the two went to a nearby bench and sat down on it. Yunho looked around before answering.

 

 

 

"I've been fine." Jaejoong pouted, not liking how the other barely talked never mind keep his eyes at one place. He didn't look at Jaejoong for one second since they sat down.

 

 

 

"I heard there's something big going on here in Seoul." Jaejoong said, trying to pull Yunho into a decent conversation. Of course, that got to Yunho. He lifted his eyebrow and turned to the beautiful man.

 

 

 

"What's going on?" Yunho asked. If there was anything big going on, he was sure he had to find out. If it meant putting Changmin and Kyuhyun in danger, he couldn't risk having the thing around them.

A playful smile lingered on Jaejoong's lips as the other finally took interest in him.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but my lips are sealed-" Before he could finished, Yunho stood up.

 

 

 

"Ok, I'm leaving then." He said. Jaejoong looked at Yunho, not believing what the other said until Yunho began to walk away from him. His mouth dropped open, watching Yunho's back moving away from him.

 

 

 

"WAIT!" He shouted. Yunho smirked, of course not showing it to Jaejoong. If he was going to get information, it was either he had to find it himself or call bluff. He turned around and kept an unreadable face.

"I'll tell you... Jeez, I wonder how people put up with you." He whispered the last part, hoping Yunho didn't hear but he did. The corner of Yunho's mouth twitched, suppressing his anger towards the man he had only met twice.

 

 

 

"Talk." He said as he walked back to Jaejoong, taking a seat next to him but not that close. He didn't feel comfortable with a reporter and Jaejoong for that matter. He had to lay low until he had every information squeezed out of him and a full background check before be began to trust anyone. Jaejoong sighed and looked up at the sky, thinking were to start.

 

 

 

"Do you know the company 'Full Enterprise'?" Yunho nodded. It was a big company which sold everything, from electronics and house hold gears to housing and raw materials. How SM was to the music industry, FE was to infrastructure and house hold necessities. They also own their own line of hotels and leisure centers which Changmin had been begging Yunho to take him. They had the money to go but not the time which was unfortunate as Yunho wouldn't mind having some time off.

 

 

 

"Of course, who wouldn't." He answered truthfully.

 

 

 

"Well, words going around that the owner of Full Enterprise has gotten himself in deep water. He's been involved in drug smuggling, trafficking or human and illegal goods and even weaponry which the army can't get their hands on." Yunho registered every word in his head. He had known something wasn't right with the owner of FE but he didn't know it was that bad.

 

 

 

"Thank you but..why are you telling me all this?" Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

 

"I don't know, you seem interesting." Jaejoong stood up and stretched his arms.

"Well anyway, it was nice meeting you again. I hope we cross paths again." Jaejoong winked at Yunho before walking off in the opposite direction of Yunho's. Yunho sighed, he really didn't need that wink at the end. A simple goodbye would do. He stood up and began walking to his house. It was already 10am and time to make some breakfast for him and Changmin.

Unfortunately, since what he had just heard was now put on his top list of priorities, Changmin would have to go to the interrogation hearing alone. he just hoped that Sunggyu wasn't off work today so he could stay with Changmin. The need to tell Kyuhyun to come along was the last of what he wanted. The younger was too kind and pure to witness something like that, despite having to ben to many of them, they were Kyuhyun's least favourite part. Many times, Yunho himself had to conduct the interrogation and that meant Kyuhyun not speaking to him for a couple of days before the younger would finally lighten up a bit. Yunho sighed and started jogging again, picking up the pace to his house.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

He arrived at the front of his house, not expecting to see Kyuhyun sitting at the front steps. He wore casual clothing; navy blue jeans and a white top which was 2 buttons undone. A sight which wasn't very good for Yunho as it showed too much of the younger's bare skin.

 

 

 

"Hyung!" Kyuhyun jumped up and ran to Yunho.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

 

 

"Oh, Changmin woke up and found out you were gone jogging so he decided to text me to keep him company. I rang the doorbell a couple of times but he didn't answer so I'm guessing he's in the shower." Kyuhyun pouted. Yunho wondered how long he had been sitting there, knowing how Changmin was always one for abnormally long showers. Yunho sighted and opened the door with his keys.

 

 

 

"You coming in?" Kyuhyun shook his head, putting his arms behind his back. Yunho always thought that Kyuhyun was weird, never having been inside their house once.

 

 

 

"Just tell Changmin to hurry up. He promised me that he was going to go and get ice cream with me!"

 

 

 

"Ice cream? Isn't it a bit cold for ice cream?"

 

 

 

"It's never too late for ice cream!" Kyuhyun seemed shocked when Yunho said that. Clearly his love for ice cream was far greater than Yunho had anticipated. Yunho chuckled and ruffled Kyuhyun's hair making Kyuhyun pout.  From the inside, he could hear the hurried footsteps which belonged to no other than Changmin.

"What took you so long?" Kyuhyun folded his arms.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry! I had to take a shower!" Changmin replied, his hair was still wet as he ran towards Kyuhyun to give him a hug. Kyuhyun brought his hand up and stopped Changmin in his tracks.

 

 

 

"Go and dry your hair first, I don't want to hug someone who has wet hair." Changmin sighed at quickly ran back inside the house, grabbing a towel and quickly 'dried' his hair as best he could before running back to Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

"There, happy now?" Changmin said while ruffling his hair. Kyuhyun nodded and gave a small giggle.

"I'll be back around 4pm hyung!" Changmin shouted, grabbing Kyuhyun by the wrist and left before Yunho could get a word in. Yunho sighed as he watched the two leave. A smile came to his lips as he slowly closed the door but it pained his heart to see them two being so close. He didn't know why but he didn't like it very much... He hated the feeling. He brought his hand up to his hand and ruffled his hair. He looked around his house and brought himself to the sofa where his MAC was place on the coffee table in front. He sat down and opened his MAC, starting the research of the 'Full Enterprise' and what their owner/CEO had been up o for the passed few months.

Of course, not forgetting to text Changmin about the interrogation viewing which would be happening at 4:30pm.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Changmin sighed as he closed his phone after seeing the message Yunho texted him. He, like Kyuhyun didn't like seeing the interrogations, I mean who does? But it was also very important in the whole case and must be noted down word to word. Having an officer which didn't seem to like their group wasn't an option when it came o asking them for notes. He went to all of them but always with Yunho. Kyuhyun wasn't really allowed to go to most of them as he would always get upset afterwards.

 

 

 

"I'll go with you so you don't have to be so scared." Changmin heard Kyuhyun's voice from the side, not knowing that Kyuhyun was also reading the text message. Changmin shook his head. He didn't want to upset Kyuhyun.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine, promise." He really didn't want to go alone so he finally gave in.

 

 

 

"Fine but if you can't want it anymore, I want you to leave straight away."