Chapter 24: The Parks

Secret Assassins

 

 

Three days had passed since Kyuhyun’s last encounter with Park Minjun. He had been left alone since. Kyuhyun hadn’t taken the news so well and was to be left until further notice. People would come in every now and again to give him his basic needs of food but he would ignore all of them. In the end, they would force small pieces of bread and water down his throat to keep his body going. Their footsteps angered him but he couldn’t do anything. A thousand thoughts flooded his mind every minute. Parts of the puzzle began piecing together but many of it was left unanswered. Why, why did Kim- sun-saeng-nim kill so many people? No, she was no longer ‘Kim’. She was and is ‘Park Gyuri’.

 

 

He didn’t bother lifting his head up to see who or what had entered the warehouse. It was obvious by the change in footsteps that he had saved in his head; it was none other than the Park Minjun. The man stood with pride and his footsteps carried the weight of all his stress over the years. He didn’t make it hidden who he was which irked the assassin even more. Who was he to waltz in like nothing happened? Who was he to lecture him?

 

 

“Kyuhyun-goon.” Minjun spoke in an almost teasing tone.  Maybe it was the fact that his enemies’ son was currently in a helpless state that he was feeling rather playful. Any other given day, he would ware a mask so thick; even he had trouble getting out of it. Like the last time, he felt the need to tease Kyuhyun. The boy looked so weak in front of him. It made him happy. However, unlike last time, the other chose to remain silent. Lack of reaction was something the man prepared for but now that he was actually experiencing it, it annoyed him. No, it hurt him.

“Kyuhyun-goon!” He kneeled down to meet the assassin. Through gritted teeth, he pulled Kyuhyun by the hair, the younger meeting his eyes. Kyuhyun bit his bottom lip at the man’s face was a few inches away from him.

 

 

 

“ you.” Kyuhyun spat. A smirk rose up on Minjun’s face.

 

 

 

“I gave you time alone because I was being nice but it seems that time alone had made you more for a brat. You ignorant little ! You don’t know what or even who your father really is.” With a harsh push, he flung Kyuhyun to the ground. He stood up, eyes piercing down at Kyuhyun with a sinister look.

“Such a shame. And to think my daughter looked up to someone like you.”

 

 

 

“Your daughter is nothing more than a liar and a cold hearted killer! I wouldn’t want someone such as herself to even look my way.” Kyuhyun spat again with harsher words. Upon hearing those words aimed at his beloved daughter, Minjun felt anger rise. An empty laugh escaped his lips as he threw his head back with exaggeration. He was going to break him, Minjun promised.

 

 

 

“You think you’re so great with who fathered you? Your father isn’t all you think he is. The dirty he’s done, you think no one knows? You’re wrong, everyone knows. The reason why no one is stopping him is because they are with him! It’s only you, Cho Kyuhyun. You’re the only one left in the dark. You think my beloved daughter wanted to become a killer? She did it because she believed in something better, something your father was too blinded to see.” The man gave everything he had to not lash out on the boy. If he had done so, he was sure that the assassin would have ended up dead one way or another. But dying from a harsh beating was too merciful for the boy in the man’s mind and quite frankly, he didn’t want to dirty his new pair of shoes.

 

 

 

“What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun asked, looking up as much as his body allowed him too. Minjun raised a brow but his back was against Kyuhyun and the action was hidden from the younger’s view.

 

 

 

“For someone so well in the hidden world, you sure aren’t knowledgeable in the underground activities of this country, are you? Or maybe you and they were never meant to meet. There is a chance you’re from another side while your father resides in the dirt of hell.” The man turned around again to face Kyuhyun before getting down meeting eye to eye. A sinister smile came across his face and Kyuhyun bit his lip to stop himself from spitting out an insult.

“You want to know, don’t you?” He asked, grabbing Kyuhyun forward by the collar. The warm breath could be felt on Kyuhyun’s skin, making the boy shiver with disgust. Not wanting to know was a lie and they both knew that.

 

 

 

“ off.” The young assassin swore with great vengeance. Despite that, the light in the elder’s eyes twinkled with anticipation and excitement. He could feel the anger of the younger and it made him wanting more. It was making him suffer and Minjun loved it.

 

 

 

“Being the ‘loved’ President of South Korea wasn’t enough for him. He wanted so much more. Power was more important to him that anything in the world and there was always stopping him from being on top. By getting rid of the people who opposed him, he was able to get a stable following to carry out his plans. He managed to get rid of me before I knew what was happening but my daughter saw through his wicked ways.” He said, standing up and turning to face away. What came out strong and mocking ended with a softer tone as he spoke of his no deceased daughter. Kyuhyun looked up with pain, not wanting to feel any sort of sympathy for the man. He was a murderer, the killer of his beloved sister and Kyuhyun was going to spare the man nothing of a heart.

 

 

 

“And your daughter is any different?  She lied and killed those in top for her own gain. That is what rats do and she’s nothing more than that. She should be banished to hell!” The younger fought back with all her could spit at the man. The anger of the man, if there were any, was well hidden deep down but Kyuhyun knew he had his temper wrapped around his finger. The micro twitch of his body proved that not all emotions can be hidden so easily.

 

 

 

“She wanted to stop him but she wasn’t able to get close enough with the people who were protecting him. She did everything to remain true to her believes but eventually, she had no choice but to fight back aggressively! You don’t know the pain she went through having to kill those who remained blinded by your father. You’re only a puppet to your father.” His calm voice began filled with rage once again as he continued his speech. With his back still facing the younger, he spoke loudly and aggressively.

You’re only a puppet to your father, the words repeated in Kyuhyun’s mind. Anger welled up inside of him. He was nothing like his father. He was Cho Kyuhyun, a totally separate person. Only time could finally set them apart but the people around him made sure he knew he was what they called a ‘carbon copy’ of the great President of South Korea. Only his sister and mother were on to always tell him he was his own individual. But now that one of them was gone, he felt lonelier than ever.

 

 

 

“I’m no puppet to anyone, especially not my father!” It wasn’t that he didn’t want to shout but it was that he physically couldn’t. The damage on his body was talking its toll and his vocal cords were breaking by the hour. His words didn’t bring impact and he hated himself for not doing that. The man would surely mock him and Kyuhyun wouldn’t be able to fight back in any way to prove himself.

 

 

 

“Yes, yes, you’re different. While your Father wishes for power, you are the one with it, are you not?” Minjun turned around, his eyes darker than ever. Kyuhyun met his and for the first time since he had met him, there was fear around his body. He knew something that not even Yunho or Changmin knew. He wanted to speak, he wanted to say no but his words would be the words of a liar. He had enough of lying. This man was dangerous.

“My daughter tried to get closer to you or specifically the infamous Y.C.K group to help her stop the President. I kept telling her to stop since your group was only a legend to those working closely in the government. Sure, the police force knew you but only a selected few knew you for who you truly were. She had this elaborate plan to lure you out with a mission to kill one of the governing bodies in hopes to find you and ask for your help. Of course that didn’t go to plan and she ended up getting captured.” Pain could be seen in his eyes as he talked about the last conversations he had with his daughter. The man was still mourning over the loss of her and the fact that after her capture, she was denied of any human access made it even harder for him. The last time he saw her was during the open interrogation just before she was murdered by that arse of a man.

 

 

 

“We don’t help those in the wrong. We maybe assassins but we have our morals.” The words Kyuhyun spoke were personal to the trio. It was something that made them come together and create the group Y.C.K. None of them were murders as they did the work according to law. Unsung heroes who were hated by the force themselves but did the work they couldn’t do.

 

 

 

“Then kill the man who killed my daughter. That would be the work of God. That bastard was an undercover spy for the station and is actually bound by your father. The debt he’s accumulated over the years only further their bond as your father promised to save him. He too is a puppet to the devil and should be gotten rid of. She knew what was coming for her. I was it in her eyes the moment she stepped inside that room but she’s smart. She had a gut feeling you were going to see that interrogation and tried to warn you.” There was no lie in his words and if there were any, Kyuhyun could not sense them. The pain around his wrists was killing and his body felt heavy but the man was dragging on time. His father, who is he exactly and what does he want? Kyuhyun wants to know but his pride doesn’t allow him to stoop low enough to ask his sister’s killer.

 

 

 

 “How do you know that this is the truth?” Doubt was still there of course. Whatever Park Gyuri knew, there was a chance that she was right. Though Kyuhyun didn’t know her for long, he knew very well she was an intelligent being. The fact that she knew so much of the secrets behind the government was enough for him to place her close to the informants he dealt closely with, if not better informed than them.

 

 

 

“Her diary, she left one to be passed onto me once her sentence was final. There was only one person in that prison who she trusted in to pass it to me and thankfully they didn’t betray her like everyone else.” A diary? He thought, curious to the contents inside it. Kyuhyun tried not to show it but it was too late. The man knew of his curiosity but did nothing to aide it.

 

 

 

“Then why did she not say it out loud if she knew she was going to be assassinated?”

 

 

 

“She tried to drop hints without revealing too much in hope that she would be freed but her hope was nothing but a weakness to her.”

 

 

 

“That is nothing but her fault.” He tried to not sound too harsh but his words had come out that way. What he meant was that had she been out in the open, Kyuhyun could have saved her but she remained cryptic to the point where even her words had the boy confused. When he had finally gathered enough information, it was already too late.

They remain silent for a bit with Minjun keeping his eyes on the other. There are no words exchanged between the two but there is no need. Kyuhyun doesn’t want to see or hear the man. Any longer gives him more chance to feel pity for the elder but Kyuhyun doesn’t want to feel anything. The man turns around and this time Kyuhyun knows he’s going to leave again.

 

 

 

“She loved you. Not as a student but as a man but she saw the affections your friend had for you and decided to support him. After all, a student-teacher relationship is sinful and against the law.” His words come out as a shock but by this time, Kyuhyun is too exhausted to react in such a way.

 

 

 

“Why are you telling me this?”

 

 

 

“Because I want to know who my daughter true is and the man she wants you to fight against. No one is safe from his plans, not even you but that’s only because he doesn’t know your part of it.” An eyebrow is raised by the boy, tired of the cryptic messages.

 

 

 

“Does my father wish to control the law enforcement?” He asks, not really understanding where this conversation is leading to.

 

 

 

“No he wishes to exterminate the underground society.” Those were the last words he said before once again leaving Kyuhyun in his confinement with shock.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After finishing 'One Thing Leads To Another',  I'm happy to announce that I will be focusing on completing 'Secret Assassins'!

Stay tuned for my updates as I will be doing my best to complete this fic! A plan has been drawn so it will be a lot easier to write! Bare with me~

 

Comments and Subbies are treasured and loved! <3