Chapter 7: Interrogation

Secret Assassins

 

No one's Pov

 

 

4:30pm hit, Changmin and Kyuhyun made their way to the levelled seats with glass surrounding it for protection. It was like a surgery viewing but different. It was a massive circle with seats that ranged upwards. Detectives and officers sat in the seats. Some were knew to see how interrogations worked and those of wanting to be in that field. Of course they were sworn to secrecy and the government made sure no word gets out of these interrogations. The walls from below were made from concrete blocks with metal walling. There were 2 doors, parallel to each other complete with 4 guards at each corner of the enclosed space.

Changmin and Kyuhyun looked down, sitting near the corner of the lifted seats which was closets to the doors which lead them in from the top. They were separate to those beneath them for maximum security. Kyuhyun took a deep breath when the newest convict was brought in. Kyuhyun brought his hand over to Changmin's and rested it on top. Changmin jumped a bit from the contact, his heart beating faster when Kyuhyun squeezed it tightly. He turned his head over to face Kyuhyun and gave the younger a smile before repositioning his hand so they held each other's.

 

 

 

"Interrogation is starting!" One of the guards shouted. Kyuhyun took out an ipad mini from his bag. He liked carrying gadgets around incase anything were to happen and Kyuhyun had to do something with it. Most of the time it was either tracking, researching or note taking. Changmin's eyes never left the chair in which his teacher was now sitting at. They two had let go in order for Kyuhyun to type down what Kim-ssi was saying.

She was on the steel metal chair, handcuffed onto the table to stop her for escaping. 2 chains were tied to her ankles which were attached to the chair. Her face showed no sign of emotions as she said at the white pale ceiling covered with white lights above her.

 

 

 

"What is the purpose of the killings?" A detective walked into the room, circling the table which was in front of the chair she was sitting at. A file was in his hand but was quickly discarded onto the table when his finished flipping thought it. He wasn't sitting down himself, rather, he was standing up with two hands on the table. A playful smile crept up on her lips as she tilted her head in confusion.

 

 

 

"You don't know? I was so sure you'll be the first to confess, detective Lee." Kyuhyun looked up, not knowing what his teacher was talking about. Detective Lee and Kim ssi had a stare off. There was no tell who won when the detective backed off a little and coughed. He began to circle the table again, stopping when he reached the back of the teacher. His face was straight, no way of telling how he was currently feeling. Kyuhyun stared at his face intensely to try and see a spilt second break in his reactions.

 

 

 

"Confess? I have nothing to confess. Rather, you being the criminal should be the one to confess." The corners of Kim ssi's mouth twitched slightly before she opened it and let out a loud laugh. Changmin was weirded out by her reaction but did nothing but watched. He knew there was something wrong on both side of the playing field. Reading the both of them was hard, they were both trained to not let out the smallest of information using their facial features and gestures as it could ruin them.

 

 

 

"So, all of those currently missing are none of your doings?" Kyuhyun saw it. The split second mark when the detective's face was full of flaws and was easily readable. The left corner of his eye twitched as his eyes drew worry in the detective. Kyuhyun smirked at his victory and noted it down.

Changmin on the other hand was looking for a sign in Kim-ssi. Her weird persona made him more curious to her killings. He was told he aimed for politicians and those who worked for the government. Why were they the ones who were being targeted? It was usual in the history of killings and such as they were much harder targets than an unguarded person on the streets. They had tens of thousands of men at their side. Trained to kill and protect. Why was Kim-ssi killing people with such high importance? 

 

 

 

"I don't understand what you are talking about." Kyuhyun leaned over and brought a box with a little black button on it. He pushed the button and spoke into the speaker which was located on the right side of the box.

 

 

 

"Ask for her real name." His words were transferred to an ear piece which was on each person except for Kim-ssi which was in the boxed room below. The detective sighed but complied. It was part of their contract to ask every question said by the people in the higher chairs, be it useless or not.

 

 

 

"What is your real name Kim-ssi?" Her smile changed into a sweeter one as she looked up at the ceiling to the far corner. She could see nothing of them men sitting in the lifted seats but they could see everything. Changmin and Kyuhyun's heart raced as Kim-ssi was looking directly at them.

 

 

 

"Now that, is a good question." She said. Suddenly, a shot was heard. Kim-ssi's gaze didn't break. Kyuhyun could feel himself looking directly in her eyes and she, back at him. Changmin jumped and quickly looked around to see where the gun shot was coming from when he saw a suspicious looking man dressed in all black leaving from the door on the other side of the circular dome. Changmin ran towards him, in hope to catch the man.

 

 

 

"STOP HIM!" Changmin shouted. The other policeman and detectives did so and ran in the direction in which Changmin was running. Kyuhyun stayed behind, standing up from his seats his eyes scanned of a clue.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry sir, you must leave!" One of the guards said as he approached Kyuhyun. The men from the boxed room below began to surround Kim-ssi's body. The detective already leaving the room with one of the guards. 

 

 

 

"No...no...no..." He muttered, leaning in closer. His feet jumped walked down the many chairs and down the stairs to get a clearer view. He went as close as possible from the lifted seats, face pressed against the glass windows which surrounded the upper floor. His eyes shifted from place to place on Kim-ssi's body. He could hear the guard's footsteps getting closer and closer.

 

 

 

"Sir! You must leave! It's for your own safety!" He guard grasped onto Kyuhyun's arm but quickly Kyuhyun flung him away.

 

 

 

"NO! NO! NOT YET!" Kyuhyun shouted, his face and body moving around the glass windows to get a clearer view of the body. The guard couldn't take it anymore and grabbed a hold of Kyuhyun, pulling him to the closest door out the the building.

 

 

 

"Sir! We are leaving now!"

 

 

 

"NO! NO! NO! LET ME GO!" Kyuhyun struggled to get out of the guards grip on him and was forcefully dragged away. he took one last look at the blood soaked body which laid on the chair and front on the table before the metal door closed on him. He was brought down the black painted staircase before finally reaching the afternoon light of the outside. With a fling of the arm, the guard let him go. Kyuhyun was furious but wasn't allowed to go back in. He didn't see Changmin anywhere, upset that he had been separated by his best friend. He decided to wait for his best friend where he was as there was more chance of the two crossing paths. He took out his mini ipad and began typing more notes on the interrogation he had just witnessed.

Unlike normal ones, this one was less bloody during the interrogating and was quite calm. Usually, fits and kicks would be flying around whenever the culprit refused to talk. This was different, it was the test of intelligence and ability to cope with such of a tease his teacher was. The only part he didn't like was seeing someone he knew get killed right in front of him. Sure, he had witnessed many killings. Even performing the killings himself at some point but it was never anyone he knew personally. To him, they were a bunch of nobodies. It was only when a name was heard when things got more personal. Of course, not master criminals, those were the ones despite knowing their names had to go. They weren't nice people.

He had waited more than half an hour when his best friend finally decided to show up, panting ad gasping for air. It was now 6:00pm and that meant the both of them had to go home soon. Kyuhyun had called up Sunggyu and asked him to pick them up not too long ago.

 

 

 

"Kyuhyun! Thank god you're safe! I'm so sorry for leaving you there!" Changmin threw his arms around Kyuhyun, embracing the younger in a tight hug. Kyuhyun did nothing but stood there, emotionless.

 

 

 

"You left me." He stated with a pout of the lips .Changmin backed out a bit but kept his arms around Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry! Blame that guy with the gun!"

 

 

 

"Did you manage to catch him?"

 

 

 

"Unfortunately not..." Kyuhyun sighed and closed his eyes. Trying to remember if he had any images of the man when he was walking in or sitting down since they were directly opposite them. He should have looked up at his surroundings a couple of times during the interrogation. He really hoped he had paid more to the others rather than the detective and culprit but that was all part of the plan right? If the killer intended to make a quick kill and go for the run. He had to make sure no one was paying attention to him in order for a successful get away. Fortunately for him, his plan had succeeded. One question lingered on Kyuhyun's mind, why kill Kim-ssi now? She was ought to get a lift sentence or death sentence for all she had committed. Why kill her before any useful information was out of her?

 

 

 

"I guess all that running was for nothing..." Kyuhyun had wished Changmin had caught that man. Then he could question him aswell but of course in the presence of Yunho and Changmin since he didn't want another suspect dying on him.

 

 

 

"Are you still angry at me leaving you?" Kyuhyun's mind was somewhere else, not hearing a word Changmin had just said. Changmin pouted, thinking Kyuhyun was ignoring him because he left the younger. He leaned in and kissed Kyuhyun on the cheek.

"You can't be angry anymore!" Kyuhyun jumped a bit when he felt Changmin's lips come in contact with his cheek. He blinked a few times, confused to what had happened.

 

 

 

"What?" He asked, Changmin pouted. 

 

 

 

"I gave you a kiss so you can't be angry anymore!" Kyuhyun blinked a couple more times before finally getting what Changmin was saying. He nodded and leaned over to Changmin's chest, hearing the abnormally fast rate in which Changmin's heart was beating. He felt safe in Changmin's arms, closing his eyes he felt at bliss.

Changmin did his best to mentally force his heart beating so fast with the closeness of Kyuhyun. Sure he had experienced skinship with the younger but never to this extreme. He didn't know why he had kissed Kyuhyun on the cheek, he confused himself at such broad actions but he was glad he did it. Finally he was going somewhere.

With a loud roar of the engine, Changmin looked across to see Sunggyu waving from inside his car. Sunggyu rolled his car window down and leaned in.

 

 

 

"You two lovebirds, it's time to go home!" Changmin and Kyuhyun quickly parted ways, their face flushed with red after hearing being called lovebirds. Changmin was sure about his feeling for Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun wasn't so sure. He felt something for the other but was confused as he wasn't the only one who made Kyuhyun feel like that.

The two of them quickly jumped into the car and sat at the either ends of the car. The ride to Changmin's house was most awkward as no one spoke. Sunggyu too little peaks from the front view mirror to see how the two were acting. He had t admit it was cute. The awkwardness was just because they were shy. Sunggyu switched on the radio, he quiet song of the radio helped a lot rather than the silence before. It wasn't long until the ride ended and the two parted ways. Their usual loud goodbye was replace with timid, shy ones when finally, Changmin closed the front door and Kyuhyun felt like he was able to breath better.

"Cute." Sunggyu said quietly when he drove the car off again with Kyuhyun once again looking at the window with his mini ipad gripped tightly in his hands.

 

 

 

"What?" Kyuhyun asked, shifting his head towards Sunggyu.

 

 

 

"Nothing." Sunggyu replied, thanking that Kyuhyun never heard what he said. The younger hummed and went back to looking outside his window as the sun began to set.

 

 

 

"Real name, huh?" He closed his eyes, listening to the sweet sound of the violin playing in the background.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YAYAYA! 2 updates in a span of 3 days! I am super duper happy! I hope this chapter made you very confuzzled!