Chapter 14: Feelings of Us

Secret Assassins

 

 

      Kyuhyun woke up feeling tired. His body felt heavy and he had a real pain to his head. It somehow felt incredibly soft underneath him, remembering that he fainted in the middle of the street. It was no longer cold but rather warm. Looking around, he allowed his eye to adjust to the light. It was a little too white to be his room, knowing the room’s ceiling in Sunggyu’s house was a cream colour. Unfavourable to say the least but tolerable. It reminded him of the white clouds painted along his ceiling. Suddenly, it felt as if everything had hit home. The smell of this room, this duvet and this pillow. It reminded him too much of Changmin. A faint blush painted his face, holding the softness of the duvet closer to his face as he let his legs stretch out. The movement made something stir beside the younger on the bed. Startled, Kyuhyun sat up, moving backwards and pressed his back along the headboard. That caused the duvet to move along with him, hugging it closely to his body.

       Changmin was sleeping soundly when the warmth beneath him suddenly moved. Waking up in shock, he opened his eyes wide. He found himself eye to eye with a frightened Kyuhyun whose eyes were yet to adjust to his surroundings. He shaking as the duvet was wrapped around his body protectively. His first reaction was to jump on the bed and hug the frightened boy. And so he did. Kyuhyun, who still didn’t get who it was thrashed around as soon as he felt the other’s arms wrapped around him. Punching, kicking, you name it, he did it.

 

 

“Let me go! LET ME GO! SOMEONE, SAVE ME! LET ME GO! CHANGMIN! YUNHO HYUNG! SAVE ME!” The younger shouted loudly. His voice was muffled on Changmin’s chest as the other held him even tighter.

 

 

“KYUHYUN! CALM DOWN! IT’S ME! IT’S ME, CHANGMIN!” Changmin shouted, putting more force in his embrace. His low voice seemed to calm Kyuhyun down. It wasn’t until the man spoke, Kyuhyun finally knew it was his best friend. He began to calm down, taking in deep, erratic breaths. His body fell into a limp, pushing his face closer to Changmin’s chest as he cried out the other’s name.

“It will be fine. You’re home now.” Yes, Kyuhyun was finally home. Though Changmin didn’t know what had happened, he thought it was best to hold Kyuhyun. He feared that Kyuhyun might do something stupid. Though the younger was never one to do that, his behaviour was already out of the norm. This was the first time Changmin had seem him like this, other than his cheerful self. It frightened him.

       He felt the younger’s tears stain his shirt, making it stick to his skin. Kyuhyun warm breath, calming smell, Changmin felt it all. At this thought, his heart went crazy. He only hope Kyuhyun couldn’t heart the rapid beating heart in fear he might pick something up. The feelings he felt for Kyuhyun was not a lie. He had felt this way since his first meeting with the other when they were just mere children. The idea of love had not occurred to Changmin, having lost his parents at a young age. There was Yunho hyung and that was it. Yes, Yunho did his best to be both a Mother and a father whilst keeping up with the big brother facade. However, it was not quite the same. It never was. The soothing hums his mother would sing to put him to bed, the scolding of his father when he did something bad, he wanted them all. Yet, Kyuhyun, a simple little boy at the time made Changmin feel it all.  The love of a mother when he hummed pieces of music he had heard from somewhere during nap time. The scolding of a father when he accidentally lost balance and fell off a tree in their kinder garden playground. He loves Kyuhyun and from that day onwards, he promised himself to protect him no matter what. Yet, here they were. Kyuhyun was hurt mentally but Changmin couldn’t do anything. Nothing seemed to calm his heart and a crying Kyuhyun made him angrier. Questions flooded his mind with curiosity. All he could do was wait.

 

 

        It was a mystery, how many minutes had passed between them as their positions stayed the same. Changmin’s body was going numb but he didn’t stop hugging the younger, patting his head. Kyuhyun’s cries turned to small sobs before they ultimately stopped. He felt his arms start to slip off the younger’s body but he did his best to cling on. Rather than Kyuhyun clinging onto Changmin for help, it felt as if it as the other way round. He was just so happy. Finally, Kyuhyun was by his side. Never again was he going to let the other go.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” Kyuhyun’s voice turned into a small croaky voice as he moved away from Changmin’s chest.

“I’ve made your shirt all wet.” He laughed a little, wiping away his dry tear stains with the palm of his hands. Changmin found it cute.

 

 

“Don’t worry about it.” The other smiled at the familiar sound of Kyuhyun’s laugh. The younger was no longer crying. Kyuhyun looked up, lost in Changmin childish smile. There was always something about Changmin that made Kyuhyun lose himself, however, there was something not right. There was always that other feeling that made the other side of his heart hurt. He wasn’t quite sure what it was but it was there.

“Kyuhyun.” His smile disappeared, looking as serious as ever.

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“What happened?” Kyuhyun looked down. The feelings that came up when he saw that video all came up. He didn’t want to tell them. He didn’t want to involve them. He wanted to throw up. Kyuhyun knew, the people he killed a few weeks ago, the police would ask Yunho and Changmin to help them find the killer. That would mean Kyuhyun would be there enemy. He feared that Yunho and Changmin would arrest them for murder right then and there. Though, he did have his reasons, there was no proper evidence to link the kidnapping of his sister to those people but he was sure they were behind it.

 

 

“I…can’t… I’m sorry…” Changmin grabbed Kyuhyun on the shoulder, pushing him further away from his chest to make him look at him in the face. His eyes were stern, making Kyuhyun look away. This was a first for either of them. Usually, if Changmin was angry, Kyuhyun wouldn’t be allowed to see him for a week. Never mind looking him in the eye. That was because Changmin would always lock himself in his room and Kyuhyun had a rule to never to go there house for personal reasons. 

      There it was. Changmin felt whatever was bugging Kyuhyun would cause the two of them to drift away. He wasn’t ready for it. He didn’t want it to happen. No, not now, not never. Changmin promised himself to have Kyuhyun by his side till the day he died, whether in a mission or of old age. Changmin pushed himself forward, taking Kyuhyun’s lips again. Kyuhyun’s breath stilled, feeling the soft lips against his. It was everything he imagined. It was the same kiss he remember but something was different. This time, it was more forceful. However, that feeling was there again. The one that would take a piecing stab at his heart. Changmin pulled away and looked at Kyuhyun in the eyes again.

 

 

“Kyuhyun. I love you. Please. I can’t bear to see you like this. For me Kyuhyun, please. I love you so much.” The sudden confession broke Kyuhyun’s heart to a million piece and glued it back together again. He could no longer hear Changmin’s heart but rather, he could hear his in place of the other’s. The rapid beating, the adrenalin. It was just like when he and the others were on a mission. However, this felt a lot more soothing. Taking Kyuhyun’s frozen reaction as something bad, he grabbed a hold of him, pulling him to his chest again.

“I love you. I love you so much. Please, please. Kyuhyun, please.” The long silence was enough to put Changmin out of his sanity. He waited and waited for Kyuhyun to say something, anything.

 

 

“They…” Kyuhyun swallowed hard.

“My sister… Someone took her… I don’t know what to do! The people, THEY TOOK HER!” This time it was Changmin’s turn to freeze. He waited a bit, allowing the words to flow to his mind. It took him some time to understand what Kyuhyun meant. He knew Kyuhyun had an older sister but he had never met her. Now that he thought about it, he doesn’t know anything regarding his family.

      It was then that Kyuhyun started to cry out again. The sound was piecing.

 

 

“HYUNG!” It took Yunho less than a minute to run up the stairs, dropping everything he was doing. Hearing Changmin’s voice meant one thing in this case; Kyuhyun had woken up. It was a mystery how Yunho couldn’t hear Kyuhyun’s shouting and cries but he had heard Changmin’s voice loud and clear. It was like that day.

 

 

“WHAT’S WRONG? IS KYUHYUN OK?! PLEASE TELL ME HE’S OK!” He flung the door open with a bang, hitting the wall beside it. There, he saw Kyuhyun in Changmin’s arms. Something tugged at his heart again. It was exactly the same as that time in school. His younger brother looked at him with urgency.

 

 

“Hyung, we have a code black.” Yunho’s eyes went dark, his eye brows furrowed.

 

 

“Who is it?” There was no time to go into shock. Code black meant it was time for work. The words that next came out of Changmin’s lips was something Yunho had not expected in a million years.

 

 

“Kyuhyun’s older sister.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

        Woohyun and Sunggyu made their way home. A pout on Woohyun’s face as Sunggyu rolled his eyes. They had had the same fight again. Each time, it somehow involved Kyuhyun. Sunggyu knew having another person living in the same house as them was a problem. Especially since it was Woohyun they were living with. Woohyun would want to go out but Sunggyu would always say no. Each day a time was given to Kyuhyun to tell the younger what time Woohyun and Sunggyu would come back home. It was for reassurance and in case anything was to happen to either of them, Kyuhyun would know. Sudden surprises such as having to work late would be easily avoided with a phone call but there was no time for small little perks that Woohyun craved. They had to protect someone and that always came first. Woohyun understood that but he hated that idea of not being able to spend some alone time with his lover.

        They opened the door to an expected empty house. They wondered why it was already opened, knowing they had locked it when they left. Maybe Kyuhyun had unlocked it when he went out and forgot to lock it up again when he came home. It wasn’t the first time he had done something like that. Though it did scary the two to death the first time it did. They feared that someone had come into the house and taken Kyuhyun but after looking around the house in panic, they found the younger sleeping soundly in his room.

 

 

“Kyuhyun! We’re home!” Sunggyu shouted but there was no answer.

“Kyuhyun? Are you here?!” Sunggyun shouted again, making his way behind Woohyun to the living room. The lights were still on and there was a phone on the floor. Woohyun stopped Sunggyu in his path to finding Kyuhyun and walked up to the phone. There was a video opened. Woohyun put his finger on his lips to tell Sunggyu to quieten down before hitting play. His face remained stoic throughout the video and when it ended, he turned around to Sunggyu.

 

 

“Cho Ahra has been kidnapped.”