Beginnings

Change

Almost 2 years later.....

Me and David were listening to Andre's y remarks through the phone while he was driving.

'....and you know we need that sound system so I'll order it since I'm the one who makes almost everything here!' Andre snapped as me and David chuckled.

'Yup you're Cindrella I'm the evil mother.'I said while rolling my eyes and continued.'You wanted to go back anyways!' I pointed out.

'Well it has been a year since I last went to the states and these motherfecking thugs we're getting restless.' 

'You know you could have always gone...You shoudn't have waited.' I replied while feeling guilty for keeping Andre here. I knew the reason he went was actually his mother whom he did not see since he left. And yeah Andre kinda moved to Korea along with Chris,who remained to finish college here and David,who quit working for my parents....but still babysitts me 24/7.

'Like you could have managed to do without me! Huh~' He dismissed my apology and I smiled.

'Ok I think it's enough for now,we're here.' David said as we pulled over in front of one of the many buildings in Gangnam.

'You're not hanging up on me we have too clear~' And David hung up.

'Oooh he'll be mad.'I giggled while David exited the car. We do this thing everytime when we go somewhere.He gets out of the car and tries to reach my door before I open it.Cavalry isn't dead but I'm no damsel in distress so I can easily see myself out of the car.The moment I steped out I take a good look at the imposing building in front of me. ''Mix'd'' is written in big bright letters at the top and my heart swells at the sight. Waves of feelings crash into me whenever I come here,like pride and sometimes a bit of sorrow.David and I exchange a glance,another habit of ours, and I knew he knew what I was thinking about.He doesn't speak much in general but over time we developed a way of talking without speaking,like having conversations with our eyes.That one went like:

         'Feelin' cocky again?'He teased and we smiled.

         'You bet!Did you even look at this?' Was my reply.

         'I can see very well thank you and it's a building.'

         'One that we worked our asses off for.'I reminded.

We entered the club and we're greeted by Rin,a japanese and one of the barmans,Yun Ri,my faithful and gorgeous friend that now works as an accountant/personal secretary at the club and some of the guys from security who we're chatting animatedly about something.

'And she finally made it!'    'Blue!'Sup?'   'David we have to discuss about next weeks events...'   'Remind Andre to bring the bills with him when he comes back....'  In this way people started bombarding us with questions and demands as soon as they spotted us. Me and David split so we could deal with whatever problems have occurred this time.

'Nice seeing you too Ri. My day was great I hadn't slept in aproximately two days and if I don't get an espresso in a few minutes I might freaking pass out.' I began and ended up whinning.

'Sure thing Blue.' Rin chuckled and turned to make my coffee.Oh I love this kid!

'Make it short!'I shouted after Rin.

'Stop fooling around and listen.'Ri put on her business expression and I snapped to attention after spazing out. She looks as beautiful as ever...no wonder she and Seunghyun lasted until now,she really has it all.'The profits have increased in the last semester but with Andre's new acquisitions we'll be tight on money for a while.If only the man knew the word 'moderation'. ' Ry sighed but didn't go further because one thing was certain,Andre knew his bussines. 'Then we have to hire more staff on security but I'll talk with David about that and ~'. My coffee is hereeeee!Lovely warm coffee! I stopped listening to her when Rin came back with my coffee and savoured my drink.

The interior of the club was decorated mostly in...you guessed blue and black with lights and stereo systems all over the place,several dance floors and lots of boots,tables,plus the VIP area from upstairs that offered a great view of the first floor.It was early in the evening so it was quiet and only some of the staff arrived,but in a few hours the place would be filled.

'~That would almost be all...Oh also Mando called and said he wanted to talk with you so he'll drop by tonight too.' I catched the last part of what Ri said and frowned.I haven't heard from Mando in months and even though it shouldn't have reminded me of that I instanly thought of him too.From now on I will call him-who-should-not-be-named  'That Person',TP for short.So Mando was friends with TP and the others...I hadn't spoken with them in decades too by the way,especially with TP.And I shall never ever do it again!

'Kay.'m gonna~'I slurped the last drops of my drink. '~escape now before you brainwash me for good.' I kissed her cheek,waved to Rin and security staff as I passed by and went upstairs.I passed through the VIP area,down a long hall with dark walls painted with elegant simbols that led to a wooden door.

The office inside had the same dark concept as the hall,with classic wooden furniture and a big oak desk in the center and a sofa in front.I stayed a second longer to take in this familiar sight,then went inside,dropped my stuff on the couch and plopped down on the chair behind the massive desk,legs on top of it.

Dun-dun-duuuuuun!!!!Yup mates I own the place if you didn't already figure it out!Both figuratively and literally.Wanna give you some time to gather your jaws from the floor while I explain?Where to start....

Well after the whole freaking scandal with GD broke out,as you probably already know,I was dumped by Ji- TP,I attended the afterparty on the day of their comeback where a long-legged was drapped over his arm,I got faced with Seungri and pretty much don't have a clue what happened the night I left the party.

Along with all this fuss the press was on my head and I somehow became a public figure here...which kinda ...but then I got to meet some people almost as awesome as me(he-he),which was great.Also my parents 'tried' to drag me back 'home' but of course did not succeed.They lost David too because he decided to remain with me!Double win.

So at that point little me broke what connection I still had with my 'family'.Quietly sobs in the corner...Not.That was kind of the least of my concerns then as I needed to settle things with the media,hoping I don't piss on GD's reputation in the process,had to deal with a broken heart mixed feelings,had to figure what I was gonna do next.

I took things one at a time:

  • YG CEO dealt with the press(he's not that scary if you get to know him...i think)
  • put all the nasty and annoying feelings in an imaginary box,locked it with an imaginary key and threw the key in the imaginary sea 
  • used all the money I had left and went 'all or nothing' with this club.Guess what?It worked and I'm doing better than ever!

​I'm young,pretty I had money and my beloved pack of Ninja Turtles is helping me run this club.Alright,maybe not Turtles(but David has a black belt!) but my friends trusted me enough to quit their jobs and come to help me.So here we are now...

I can practicaly hear your whinning about me not talking about....that person. My ears are bleeding, just for your information and I'm gonna do it regardless for you!

Block B went on with a short period of promotion...they ed some stuff up and Cho the Dip PD got them on their merry way too.A lawsuit was next..heard a guy died and now rumour has it they are under new entertaiment.Which is making me both happy and anxious.I don't want to see or hear or anything but most of them deserve this,they breathe for their dream.Yup this is all I'm giving you(and all I know).

Between being caught up in my thoughts and doing boring paperwork night came and at the same time the club came to life.Thankfully I couldn't hear the loud music as the room was soundproofed(got to thank Andre for that too).

Somewhere before midnight my phone beeped with a message from David.He was usually busy with intimidating people downstairs with his 'I'm in charge' looks of Chief of Security(couldn't have picked a better spot for him).Him busy meant he wouldn't babysitt me in the meantime too,but if he texted me it meant something wasn't quiet right or we had somwthing to take care of.

David: Comming up with a guest.

'I don't like when I'm right.'I grumbled as I heard him open the door.Time to put on my tough pants on.

David came in the office holding a distressed looking man by the shoulder with a steady grip.To steady if you took it by the mans scrunched face,but a pat on the back from David's point.Some of the regular rich thugs who think the world is theirs and daddy will come rescue 'em.Well it may.I don't care either way as I'm the one who has to deal with a ty situation here.

'Annyong.'  I greeted and he switched his attention my way,then stopped squirming and protesting.For a second he assesed my face and upper half that could be viewed from behind my desk,taking in my appereance,then quickly sifted his expression to an unreadable one.At least he knew he was in for something.'I'm assuming you know english so well do this quick.I have a question for you...'

'Choi Jae-hui.Now I want to know why was I brought here?' He asked and finally managed to shake off Davids arm as he casted me a leveled look.He knew he wasn't welcomed,which proved he had half a brain.Some places and circumstances make people uneasy,and this is the case now too with less "hi-how're-ya" and more "come-in-so-your-skin-can-be-used-to-make-a-super-hero-cape-for-one-of-Hannibal-Lecter's-patients". 

'As I said,let's get it over with.Choi Jae-ah,do you happen to know some of the dancers in our group by any chance?Eun-hee rings any bells?'The moment I pronounced her name and his eyes flashed brighter for a moment I figured all I had to know.

'What does she have to do with me?'I looked at the hand he was trying to cover behind him ,then at David, who grabbed his arm,then put it on my desk.I glanced again at his arm,which he was trying to hide even then and noticed the big ring on it.

'Yeah, see, she's got a funny mark on her cheek. When I first saw it, I wondered what it was. It's this ring, isn't it? You backhanded her, didn't you....Caught her in her face with this.' I stated,like we we're talking about the weather.

The two biggest knuckles were bruised, the pale skin purple and swollen.'Looks like you didn't just backhand her.' I murmured.

'She asked for it-'

My fist pounded into the desk so hard, the office phone did a jump and scramble, the receiver bouncing free of the cradle.'Don't you dare finish that sentence.Or so help me God I will feed you your own balls .'As the man looked rather startled,I smoothed out my anger.His panic began to rise and I wanted to enjoy every bit of it.I slowly regained composure from my outburst and continued.

'Right. Where were we before you almost got yourself castrated? Oh, yeah. Hands... we were talking about hands.'I laid my own hand down on the glossy wood, right next to the guy's, and made comparisons.'My hand's smaller than your's in lenght and width.You have a tattoo of,what is that at the base of your thumb?Ah,the simbol for strenght if I guessed right.What else?Your skin is wighter.Damn,you need to seriously think 'bout tanning.You look like death without some UV's.'As I glanced up I thought of the past and my mothers occasional collection of bruises.

'Y'know the difference between you and me?'I asked.'See...my knuckles aren't bruised from beating a woman.'Even if it was mostly obvious which way I was going from the start the guy looked surprised at the accusation.'Now,you better listen carefully.She turns up with another bruise from falling down in the shower and I'm going to mark you up like a calendar,understood?' The man nodded.Can he get much more paller?ing pansy-as bully bastards...The guy looked shocked,he didn't argue as he was marched toward the door.As if he has a choice....As the door shut behind the drama,I glanced at the ceiling and tried to calm down.'What?'I said without looking.

'If he does it one more time,I want to take care of it.'I knew even if I said no,if Eun-hee got cracked again,my chief of security would roll out a beat-down anyway.He's as deranged by this as I am.

'Watch the girl.'I said to him.'If that son of a gets busy with class ring again,we'll do a coin toss for who gets to him up.'After David left I closed my eyes and tried to figure how I ended up to deal with Mike Tyson wanna-bees who occasionally mistake their supposed girlfriends with boxing bags.Oh,right,you started a club and have employees now,which means responsabilities too.But,because you are such a model ing citizen you gotta take care of everyone's bussiness.How 'bout a round of applause?

'Ugh~' I banged my forehead on the desk several times,cursed the living days out of myself and continued with the paper work for the day.