Chapter 5

Hold On, my Warrior

 

 

The class watched us stare down each other in shocked silence. Not taking my eyes off Himchan’s, I noticed Kris and Daehyun get out of their chairs. “Don’t even think about it. The both of you sit down, stay there, and don’t say a word. This is between me and the new kid.” I scoffed. “Between you and me? Is that why you’re disrupting my class?” Himchan smirked and leaned closer. “You wouldn’t come see me like my boys asked you to, so what was I supposed to do?” I rolled my eyes. “Well, we’re talking now. What do you want? Do you want me to beat up your boys again? Do you want to have them chase me do-” “I want you to join my crew.”  Himchan interrupted, his face impassive. Kris and Daehyun suddenly shot up out of their chairs, causing them to crash into the desks behind them. “I said stay there!” Himchan yelled, still not taking his eyes off of my now shocked face. Kris and Daehyun slowly sat back down, looking at me anxiously. “So,” Himchan said, leaning onto my desk. “How about it?” this time I was the one who leaned forward. I stopped until I was a couple inches in front of his face, staring down into his intense eyes. “Why the hell would I want to join your crew?” I spat out. Himchan sighed and leaned back. “I was afraid you’d say that. I didn’t want to have to resort to this, but you give me no choice.” He then suddenly grabbed SoHyun’s hair – who had been cowering from the start – and pulled her towards him, causing her to shriek. “Because,” he snarled. “If you don’t join me, I’m going to sick my boys on your little girlfriend here. You don’t want that, now do you?” He smirked as he watched me seethe with anger. “And,” he added. “I will sick my boys on everybody you make friends with. How does that sound? And punching me in the face isn’t going to change that fact.” He smirked at my clenched fist, frozen in mid-windup. I slowly lowered it, and he shoved SoHyun’s head away. She gasped and cowered as far away as she could in her seat. I grabbed his collar, and pulled him in close so that our noses were almost touching. “I refuse to bully anyone.” I snarled. “You wouldn’t need to. That’s what lackeys are for. You would just assist during turf wars, like those two back there.” He said, peeling my hands off his shirt, and smoothing it out. I sat back in my chair, a seething ball of hatred. “Whatever.” Himchan smirked. “And so my theory is proven that a guy will always help a girl in need. That’s why I don’t recruit girls. The guys will always be worried about protecting them instead of fighting properly.” I scoffed. “Some girls don’t like the help.” I said, staring him down. He shrugged. “Regardless of whether they want it or not, they will always receive it.” It was then that he finally stood up. “You’ve made a wise choice today.” He said before turning around and leaving the room. It was as though the entire room let a breath they had been holding once the door closed behind him. Kris and Daehyun ran over to me, but I ignored them and put my hand on SoHyun’s shaking back. “I think you should go home for today. Don’t worry. I won’t let those bastards hurt you anymore.” She shook her quivering head and looked at me. “I’ll be fine. I’ll never grow up if I constantly run away from these kinds of situations.” I gave her a soft smile. “If that’s what you want, then okay.” It wasn’t until then that I turned to face Kris and Daehyun. “What the hell were you thinking?!” Kris demanded. “The same thing you two were when you joined him. I don’t want my friends to be hurt because of my choices.” He sighed, understanding where I was coming from. “Why didn’t you just tell him you’re a girl? He would have given up on recruiting you.” Daehyun said, exasperated. “Because,” I said, stern. “If I were to do that, then he wouldn’t have any reason to make a deal with me, and would just go about bullying me and all of my friends. Are you asking me to bring that upon myself and my friends?” He sighed and shook his head. “No, I’m not. Sorry, I didn’t think about it like that.” I dismissed his apology. “It’s okay. I’ll just ask you to keep my being a girl a secret.” They swore that they would, and then our flustered teacher walked in and began class.

 

 

 

 

Okay, so two chapters today, since i didn't upload one yesterday. I apologize, but i was rather busy yesterday, so i'm making up for it today! I hope the story's enjoyable so far. Please comment and tell me what you think! Thank you!