Chapter 16

Hold On, my Warrior

 

The next day marked the last day Himchan would be staying with me. He received a call in the morning telling him that his father had just boarded a flight a flight out of the country. It seemed as though the maids had told his father that he was on a school trip, and Kim YoungHo didn’t care enough to check the validity of their statement. Seeing as it was the weekend – so I was in a very good mood – I decided to make breakfast. I made my way down to the kitchen where my mom was just starting to get stuff out for breakfast. “I’ll cook this morning” I said, smiling at her. She looked at me, shocked. “Are you alright? You haven’t cooked in such a long time. What made you suddenly want to?” I stuck my tongue out at her and began to get my own ingredients out. “I feel like having a Western Style breakfast today. Is that so wrong?” she grinned and shook her head. “That’s means I don’t have to cook for once! Let me know when it’s ready!” With that, she ran off to who-knows-where, and I started on breakfast. After a little while Himchan came down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. I turned at the sound of his footsteps and saw him stop and stare at me. “What’s up?” I asked, turning back to whisking eggs. “you’re cooking?” “Great observation, Sherlock. Yes, I am cooking.” I could almost feel his glare on my back, but I just smirked and continued what I was doing. “What are you making?” “French toast, bacon, and eggs. Got a problem with that?” “No...” he walked over to me and leaned his back against the counter, shoving his hands in his pockets. “So I can go back home today.” He said simply. “Yeah I know; I overheard you on the phone.” I said, smiling at him. He stared at me. “I suppose I’ll leave after breakfast then.” “Alright.” I turned to him. ‘Oh, and don’t worry about the tutoring. I’ll come over to your place or something every other day so we can still do it.” He was staring at me cheek. “What is it?” I asked, startling him a bit. “You have something...” He gestured vaguely at my face. “Hmm?” I asked. He suddenly reached his hand up and gently brushed his thumb across my cheek. I looked at his hand as he pulled it away and saw a bit of powder on his thumb. “Ah!” I cried out, grabbing his hand. “You can’t let cinnamon go to waste!” I then put his thumb in my mouth and the cinnamon off of it. He stood there, speechless, as I returned his hand to him and squirmed with pleasure. “Ah~! Cinnamon’s my favorite!” I looked at Himchan and saw his face was beet red. “Ah, sorry about that!” I said, embarrassed. “I can’t help myself when it comes to cinnamon.” “Well, don’t you two just look like a cute married couple?” I spun around to see my mom standing in the doorway smirking. “Be careful; Lay might get jealous.” “Ha ha, very funny” I said, rolling my eyes. “Both of you get something to drink. It’s almost ready.” We soon finished eating, and Himchan volunteered to clean up, surprising me. “Why do you all of a sudden want to help out?” He glared at me. “I just feel that this is the least I could do after you guys took me in these past few days.” I smiled. “Well, it’s appreciated. Thank you.” He nodded quietly and continued what he was doing. Soon enough he had finished cleaning and had packed his belongings up and we were standing at my front door, a car waiting in the street for him. “Well,” I said, sticking my hand out. “It’s actually not been terrible having you here. I’ll see you at school I guess.” He shook my hand. “Thanks again.” With that, he got in the car and set off. I sighed, finally able to relax, and went back into the house. Almost right after I had closed the door, I heard a knock on it. I opened it back up and was greeted with a huge smile from Lay. “So he finally left?” I laughed. “Were you seriously waiting for him to leave before you came over?” He nodded happily and walked in. “I’m going to be leaving in a couple days myself, so I want to spend the rest of the time with you.” I smiled. “Video games?” “Video games” he replied, smirking. We went and had an intense competition with Super Mario Bros., and I was in the middle of kicking his for the fifth time when I heard another knock on my door. I went and opened it and was surprised to see Woosuk and Jonghyo standing there looking shy. “What the hell are you guys doing here? And how did you find out where I live?” I asked, bewildered. “Our teacher told us.” Woosuk said. “We didn’t want to bother you at school, so we decided to wait until the weekend to begin our lessons.” I slapped my forehead. “You didn’t want to bother me at school, so you decide to bother me at home? Why couldn’t you have told me about this before?” They looked at each other. “I...uh, well we forgot about it.” Jonghyo said. I sighed. “Whatever. I have company right now, but he can help out. Let’s go to the park by here.” I got Lay and told my mom where I was going, and then we headed out. I started out by teaching them some basic movements, seeing as they didn’t even know that much. After I felt they had gotten them down, I sent Lay out to let them practice in a realistic fight. I sat back and watched them work; barking orders and correcting their form when they needed it. We continued like that – just going over basic stuff – for a few hours until they were completely exhausted. I told them to work on their stamina by running every morning and night, and then I was finally free of them. Lay and I went back to my house and went back to playing video games until late at night, when we both passed out on the couch.