Chapter 20

Hold On, my Warrior

 

 

“You know him?” SoHyun asked, and I nodded. “I met him briefly last night.” I watched as he made his way over to my desk and leaned up against it. I noticed he wasn’t wearing a uniform. “Shouldn’t you be in school?” I asked, leaning back in my chair and folding my arms. He smirked. “I graduated a few years ago. I guess that means you get to call me oppa.” I gave him a look, and was about to retort when a voice rang out. “Why the hell should he call you oppa?!” I looked to see Woosuk standing up, glaring at Namjoon. “Who the hell do you think you are?!”  Namjoon smirked. “The name’s Kim Namjoon. You got a problem?” Jonghyo’s eyes suddenly got wide, and he shot up in front of Woosuk, who had just been about to charge Namjoon. “Stop! Don’t you know who that is?! That’s the Kim Namjoon! The Kim Namjoon who ruled this school before HImchan! You really don’t want to mess with him!” Woosuk looked at Namjoon in shock, and backed up. Namjoon laughed and turned back to see me staring at him. “How did you find out where I go to school? And why the hell are you here?” He smiled and gave me a look that unnerved me. “I asked around until I met some people who knew you.” He suddenly leaned towards me and smirked, staring intently into my eyes. “And I’m here because I’m interested in you, Kim DoYeon. You’re the first person to ever beat me in a rap battle; I’d like some compensation for my injured pride.” I stared at him in disbelief. “And what exactly were you thinking of for ‘compensation’?” He smirked. “A kiss would do it.” I felt my eye twitch in an effort to hold back my irritation. I stood up and was about to give him a piece of my mind, when the bell suddenly rang and the teacher walked in. he noticed Namjoon and asked him to leave. Namjoon gave me a wink before heading out. I let out a sigh of disbelief and collapsed back into my chair. “What the heck was that about?” SoHyun asked, stunned. I shook my head. “I have no freakin’ idea.” Kris and Daehyun suddenly ran into the room – they had been visiting Hyesu and Sora – and crashed into their seats. I glanced at Woosuk and saw him absolutely seething. He glanced back and caught my eye and I shook my head, mouthing at him to calm down, and that it was alright. He sighed, but took a deep breath and heeded my words. Soon enough school was over, and I started to head over to the school gate where I was going to meet Himchan. Almost right after I left my classroom, I felt a hand slap down on my shoulder. I quickly grabbed the hand and spun around in a hook kick. I felt whoever it was grab my leg in mid-air, stopping it, and I looked to see Namjoon standing there, smirking. “I love a girl with a fiery spirit. Too bad you’re not wearing a skirt right now.” I glared at him at lowered my foot, giving his hand back. I quickly turned around and walked away, and he quickly followed. “Hey!” he called out to me. “So have you considered what I said?” I rolled my eyes and ignored him. The gate was now in sight, and I could see Himchan waiting there for me. “Aw, are you ignoring me now?” I stopped and spun around, surprising him. “Would you stop following me? That would be greatly appreciated.” I then turned back around and walked over to Himchan. “You ready?” I asked, and he nodded. “You bet!” I heard a voice from behind me say. I took a deep breath and turned around to see Namjoon leaning against the gate, smiling. “Who the hell’s this guy?” Himchan asked, and Namjoon sprung forward. “I should be asking the same!” he said, looking Himchan up-and-down. “Who is he? Is he your boyfriend? Well that just wouldn’t do, now would it?” he suddenly glared at Himchan so intensely that it would have made anyone else take a step back in surprise, but Himchan stood his ground. Namjoon walked up to Himchan and leaned right up to him; they were almost nose-to-nose. “Stay away from DoYeon. This kid's mine.” I quickly ripped him away from HImchan and shoved him back. “Consider this a warning,” I growled, glaring at his amused face. “Don’t you dare touch him. Leave us alone, and be on your merry way.” His amused face suddenly turned dark, and he glared at Himchan. I thought he might attack, but he suddenly grinned and relaxed his stance. “It looks as though I’ve overstayed my welcome today. I guess I’ll be going then! See you later, Gudae~” After he left I turned back to see Himchan looking at me in disbelief. “Who the hell was that?” I sighed. “I really couldn’t tell you.” All of a sudden Himchan smirked. “’Don’t you dare touch him’?” “Shut the hell up.” He started laughing, so I left him behind and started walking to his house. “Hey, wait up!” he called out, rushing after me. I glanced back to see him hobbling slightly, and sighed, lowering my pace to a more comfortable one for him. It seemed his leg still pained him, but he was putting on a façade so others wouldn’t see him as weak. When we reached his house we went up to his room and began studying.