Chapter 21

Hold On, my Warrior

 

Once we reached his room, we went in and Himchan went and sat on the edge of his bed, grabbing what he needed to study. I grabbed a chair and pulled it right next to him, sitting down in it and patting my thigh. He looked up at me, confused, and I pointed at his leg, and then mine before patting my thigh again. He either didn’t understand, or didn’t want to comply, but either way I grabbed his leg and rested it on my lap. I took his shoe off – causing him to wince slightly – followed by his sock, and rolled his pants leg up. I sighed upon seeing his swollen ankle and looked up to see him looking away defiantly. I gently felt the hurt area, taking notice of him trying to control his wincing. I rolled my eyes and stood up, gently placing his leg on the chair. “You’re a ” was all I said before leaving the room. I walked until I found a maid, and then asked her to bring me an ice pack, which she readily complied to. I walked back to Himchan’s room and sat at the head of his bed, waiting for the maid to return. When she did I took the pack from her – thanking her – and went and put it on Himchan’s ankle. I went to his dresser and sifted through it – much to his displeasure – until I found his shirts. I grabbed one and walked back to him, wrapping it around his ankle and the ice pack, tying it to him. After I was done, I walked over to him, smacked him upside the head, and then sat at the head of his bed, making myself comfortable. “What the hell was that for?!” he cried out, turning to glare at me. I looked at him, steely eyed. “That was for being an idiot and not telling me how bad your injury actually was. I’m sure all those days last week of walking to and from school just felt fantastic on it. Next time you want to be stupid, don’t involve me.” With that I made him take his stuff out and begin studying. About an hour into the study session, he suddenly put down his pencil and looked at me. “So, who was that guy?” I looked up from the book I had been reading. “Who?” “That guy at the front gate. He was going on about me being your boyfriend, and how you’re his.” I rolled my eyes. “Ignore that nutter. I met him at a club last night, and somehow he found out where I go to school, and showed up in my class. He was rattling on about some compensation for beating him in a rap battle last night.” Himchan stared at me, slack jawed. “He found out where you go to school in just one night?! What the hell?! Shouldn’t you be worried about this guy?!” I raised an eyebrow at him. “What the hell do I have to worry about? It’s not like he can do anything besides bug me with nonsense ramblings.” Himchan stared at me, stunned. “Wah~ You’re really fearless, aren’t you?” I rolled my eyes and turned back to my book. “Get back to work. It’s my own problem anyways.” He quietly turned away, looking a bit hurt for some reason, and returned to his work, asking questions when needed. After a few more hours I looked at my watch, surprised at the time. “Good job for today! I have to get going.” Startled, Himchan looked up from his work. “Are you going home already? It’s still early.” I shrugged. “My mom doesn’t like me out too late.” I grabbed my stuff and headed towards the door. Suddenly I turned around and looked at him. “Oh, and you should stay home from school tomorrow and just let your ankle rest. If I see you on it again before it’s healed, I will personally break it so you can’t walk at all.” I then suddenly smiled, waved goodbye, and left his house. I had lied, but I knew he would be annoyed if I told him I was going out. I couldn’t help it tonight; Himchan was doing well with his studies, and I needed to get rid of my annoyance from earlier. I had been holding it all in in front of Himchan, and I needed to release it. I ran home and grabbed my board and headed back out, looking for a place to ride. I found a good place after about 10 minutes of riding, and got excited. It was nice and empty, and I spent a good while skating in peace. After about an hour, I suddenly heard a voice call out from behind me. “DoYeon?” I spun around on my board to see Gunwoo standing there with a board of his own. “What a coincidence!” he laughed, walking over to me as I picked up my board. “What are you doing here?” I glanced down at my board, smiling. “Oh, you know, just picking some strawberries.” He laughed. “Fair enough. You’re a pretty good rider.” He said, smiling at me. “What can’t you do? You can rap, dance, fight, and skate. That’s just not fair.” I smiled. “I’m also a fantastic cook, I can play the guitar, I’m ranked #1 in my school, and I’m a beast at video games.” He let out a playful groan. “That’s not cool. There must be something you’re bad at!” I pretended to think about it. “Nope! What can I say? I’m flawless~.” I flipped what little hair I have, laughing, and set my board back down. “Care to ride around?” I asked, smiling at him while getting on my board. He grinned, nodded, and the two of us skated around together, not talking; just enjoying each other’s company. After a little while we stopped skating and just sat down together on a wall. Gunwoo had gotten the both of us drinks, so we sat there, enjoying the refreshments. We talked for a bit until I had to go home. I hopped off the wall and grabbed my board, and he followed me. I was about to head off when he suddenly grabbed my hand. I turned to look at him, and he looked like he was trying to say something, but couldn’t. “What’s up?” I asked, needing to go. He stared at me and then gave a little sigh. “Would you stop by the club tomorrow? Hyunsoo’s going to be there, and he’s been wanting to see you.” I smiled and nodded, assuring him that I would be there. He smiled and let go of my hand, finally letting me head home.