Chapter 14

Hold On, my Warrior

 

“How’ve you been DoYeon?!” Lay cried out, pushing me back with his hands on my shoulders to get a good look at me. I laughed. “Not that bad, actually. What about you?” He pouted. “I’ve missed you! Seoul’s so boring without you there.” I smiled and reached up to ruffle his hair. “Aigoo~ What am I going to do with this oppa? It’s only been a month since I moved, and you’re already like this!” He laughed and grabbed me into another hug. “Ah~ I’ve missed this!” I laughed and pushed him away. “What are you doing down here anyways? And how long are you staying?” “I came to see you of course! I have to make sure my sweetheart’s living comfortably here! And I’ll probably be staying for about a week. I was actually hoping I could stay here.” I was about to reply when I heard a noise from behind me. I turned around to see Himchan standing on the stairs, glaring at Lay. ! I completely forgot he was here! “I was wondering where my teacher had gone off to.” He said, not taking his eyes off Lay. “Who’s this guy?” Lay turned to me. “Ah, this is Kim Himchan. He’s a friend of mine, and coincidentally using the guest bedroom you want to take for the next few days.” I said, now nervous; Lay had no idea about the secret I was keeping from Himchan. If I wasn’t careful, he might accidently reveal me. “Eh?! He’s staying with you? How long have you known this guy? How do you know he’s not some bad guy who will try to take adv-” He was cut off as I slammed my hand over his mouth. “It’s okay,” I said, smiling. “He definitely would not be trying anything like that.” I then pulled him down so his ear was at my level and hastily whispered in his ear, “Please keep it a secret from him that I’m a girl. I’ll explain later, but it’s very important!” He pulled away and looked at me, bewildered. He looked as though he wanted to say something, but Himchan suddenly spoke up. “Excuse me, but we have not been properly introduced. You know my name, but yours is still a mystery to me.” Lay gave me one last look before turning to Himchan and smiling. “You’re correct, my apologies. I’m Lay. I’m DoYeon’s closest friend. It’s nice to meet you Himchan.” He reached his hand out, but Himchan just stared at him, arms crossed. “Okay...” Lay said, dropping his hand and turning back to me. “Since he’s staying in the guest room, can’t I stay in your room with you?” “Aish!” I slapped him upside his head and he stumbled back, laughing. “What was that for? It’s just two old friends sleeping together! I wanna cuddle with my DoYeonnie~!” He pulled me in tight and wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on my head. “Who’s sleeping with who?!” I said, kneeing him on the side of his thigh. He cried out and stumbled back, letting me go. “Alright alright!” he said laughing. “I guess I’ll just have to stay in a hotel! I expect us to hang out a lot while I’m here though!” I laughed and agreed. He had to leave then, so he said goodbye to my mom and Himchan. I walked him to the door and he stopped and turned to face me. “I’ll expect a full explanation as to why you want me to keep this secret the next time we see each other.” I nodded and told him I would explain everything. He then smiled and gave me a quick peck on my forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow!” He then ran off, leaving me there laughing. I turned to go back into the house to see Himchan standing about 10 feet away. “Let’s head back upstairs.” I said, now flustered. I started to walk past him, but he caught my arm. “What was that all about?” I looked at him. “What do you mean?” “Why was that guy so touchy with you? Is he gay?” I scoffed. “No, he’s definitely not gay. He’s always been that way with me. We’re just old friends, so we’re really comfortable with each other. No more questions now. Back to studying!” I then grabbed the hand that he was holding me with and pulled him up the stairs with me. I could tell he wanted to keep asking questions, but I kept him busy with work until he was too exhausted to think anymore. “Well,” I said, standing up and stretching. “That was good work for today. We’ll continue where we left off tomorrow.” I heard him groan as I walked out of the room, and I stopped at the doorway and called out cheerfully, “Goodnight!” I heard him sigh. “Night.” I closed the door and went into my room. I’m definitely going to have to ask Lay to hold off on the lovey-dovey act for now... It must seem really weird for two guys to act like that together.