Chapter 11

Hold On, my Warrior

 

I stared, dumbfounded, at this man whom Himchan called his father. He seemed to tower over Himchan, even though he wasn’t that much taller than him. He had a presence that almost made me want to high-tail it out of there. Almost. I saw him raise his hand again, and I acted almost instinctively. In an instant, I was between the two of them, the man’s arm caught in my hand. It was only then that he realized I was in the room as well. “Who the hell are you?” he growled. “I’m Kim DoYeon, sir, and I am in charge of Kim Himchan’s safety.” I stated simply, tightening my grip on his arm. He sneered and yanked his hand from my grasp. “This isn’t any of your business kid. Why don’t you run along and play soldier somewhere else.” I crossed my arms and stood my ground. “It is my business though. I’ve made a promise to this boy that I will protect him; so anything you wish to say, you can say it without getting physical.” He stared at me, as if not believing what I was saying. Finally he looked past me at Himchan, and spoke to him. “We’ll talk about your grades later. Get him the hell out of my house.” With that, he left the room. All of a sudden I heard a big sigh of relief, and turned to look at the maid; whom I had forgotten was there. “That was very brave of you sir, but the Master will be in a very bad mood now. It’s best you leave as soon as possible. You too, Himchan sir. You’d best keep your head down until morning. I expect the Master will have calmed down by then.” She then bowed and ran out of the room. I turned to say goodbye to Himchan in time to see him collapse, his face drenched in sweat. I dropped down next to him and lifted his head up. Luckily, he hadn’t landed on it. “Hey, what’s wrong?!” I asked, and then looked down at his leg, realizing what he had just done. “What the hell were you thinking, putting that much pressure on your leg?! You’re such a freakin’ idiot!” I picked him up and laid him on the bed. I went out of the room and stopped a passing maid. “Excuse me, could you bring up an ice pack?” She nodded, and I went back into the room and sat in the chair, waiting for her. She came back after a couple of minutes, and I thanked her and took the ice pack from her. I went over to Himchan and put some pillows under his leg to elevate it, and then took his shoe off again and rolled his pants up to place the pack on the bruise. I turned to him. “Are you going to be okay for the night?” He nodded weakly, and I got up. “Then I’ll see you later. Use some crutches if you need to walk anywhere. See ya.” I turned to the door and saw the maid still standing there. I walked over to her. “Change the ice pack in a couple hours, and give him some pain reliever.” She nodded in understanding, and I finally made my way home.

 

 

 

 

 

This one's a bit short, but i finished the last one early and started writing this one, and figured i might as well post this one today as well. Tomorrow's will be longer :]