Chapter 15

Hold On, my Warrior

 

We left early again the next day to avoid running into Hyesu. The day went by normally, and soon enough we were back in my house. We went straight up to Himchan’s room and began another session. I could tell something was on his mind, and my suspicions were proven correct when he suddenly set down his pencil and looked at me. “Why are you doing all this for me?” I looked up from the book I had been reading. “What do you mean?” “Why did you take me in? Why are you helping me with school? I thought you hated me.” I sighed and set my book down. “Yeah, I hated you, but what was happening in that house wasn’t right; and I can’t make myself walk away from something I think is wrong. Don’t think too much into it. That’s all there is to it.” I started to pick my book back up, when I had a thought. “Actually, I have a question for you too; it’s been bothering me for a while. Did you really ask SoHyun out? The more I spend time with you, the more it doesn’t seem like something you would do.” He scoffed. “I asked her out as a joke, and the actually dared to reject me.” “Yah! Don’t call her a just because your precious ego was hurt.” He looked at me. “What, are you two actually dating or something?” I laughed. “Do we have to be dating for me to care about her? No. She’s my friend, and I am allowed to take care of her. Now, back to studying.” He gave me a look, but then did as I said. I went back to my book and he focused on studying; occasionally asking me questions. Then, without looking up from his work, he said, “I heard about Woosuk and Jonghyo wanting you to teach them to fight.” I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, I have no idea why, but they did. They haven’t even approached me since they asked me to take them in – besides greeting me – though. I have no idea what they’re thinking.” “Good luck with them. They’re a handful when they want to be.” He was quiet after that, and I resumed reading. I was really focused on my book at one point that I didn’t hear the door open behind me. All of a sudden I was blinded, and a voice called out next to my ear, “Guess who!” “Lay, your hands had better be clean.” He laughed and pulled his hands away. I turned, smiling, to see him plop down next to me. “What are you guys doing in here?” he asked, glancing at Himchan’s work. Himchan glared at him. “Just some homework.” I said before Himchan could say something rude. “Ah~ is that so?” Lay said. “Well, since you don’t have school tomorrow, this isn’t that important right now, is it?” I shrugged. “Not exactly. Why?” he looked at Himchan and threw his arm around my shoulders, pulling me in to him. “Would you mind if I took dear DoYeon here out on a date for a while?” Then, without waiting for an answer he said, “No? Great!” He then suddenly stood up, picked me up, threw me over his shoulder – despite my protests – and ran out the door, leaving a stunned Himchan behind. “I’ll be back later! Keep working!” I called out as Lay ran down the stairs. “We’re off umma~!” He called out as he threw open the front door. He didn’t set me down until we reached the end of the pathway to my house. “So, where are we going?” he asked, causing me to laugh. “You kidnap me, and you don’t even have an idea as to where you’re going to take me afterwards?” He grinned. “This is my first time here. You’ve at least been here for a good month. You must know some cool places to go!” I thought about it for a second. “You know what...I do know this one place. You’ll love it.” I smiled at him. “Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s go!” without giving a second thought to Himchan stuck behind in my house, Lay and I set off. Soon enough we had reached our destination. “What is this place?” Lay asked curiously. “A friend showed me this place. They host dance and rap battles every so often.” I answered, and his face lit up. “Hell yeah! Let’s go!” Luckily the place was open, and he grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs with him. When we arrived on the bottom floor, I looked around to see what was happening. Aw, hell yeah; they’re having a rap battle. All of a sudden I heard someone call out my name. I looked to see Gunwoo hurrying over to us. “Hey Gunwoo!” I said, smiling. “Hey! How’s it going?” he grinned at me. All of a sudden Lay coughed, letting Gunwoo know of his presence. “Oh, who’s your friend?” “This is Lay. We went to school together in Seoul.” “Ah, your boyfriend?” I laughed and was about to deny it when Lay jumped in. “Yup!” He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into him. “DoYeonnie here’s been in love with me since we were kids. I finally agreed to go out with her a couple years ago.” I jabbed him in the ribs with my elbow, causing him to bend over coughing. “Say something that makes sense.” I then turned back to Gunwoo. “He’s just a stupid childhood friend. So, would you care to explain what’s going on here?” He smiled and Lay stood back up, rubbing his ribs. “Well, it’s just a simple battle; no special rules. Just go up and someone will follow, and then battle it out. I don’t really rap, so I just like to watch these ones.” I nodded and was about to head up to the stage when I was suddenly tackled. “Noona!” I looked down at the figure squeezing my body and started laughing. “Hyunsoo-ah~ How are you?” He looked up at me and grinned. “Better now that you’re here Noona!” I laughed and pulled away from him. “I wouldn’t have expected to meet you here.” “I like to come here for the dance battles sometimes.” He said, smiling. “And I will occasionally participate in the rap battles.” “Ah~ that’s cool! I didn’t know you liked to dance.” He nodded his head enthusiastically. “I love it!” “We should have a battle sometime.” I said, smiling. “Yeah! Be careful though; I’m even better than my brother!” I laughed as Gunwoo playfully hit Hyunsoo. I then turned to Lay. “Will you be alright here with them?” He smiled and nodded. “You go do your thing and knock down everyone who dares go up there with you.” I did as he said and made my way up to the small stage. The crowd cheered, and I watched as one of them climbed up with me. I dominated battle after battle until I felt my throat getting sore. The crowd cheered as I walked down – some of them high fiving me as I walked by – and made my way to where I had left the boys. I looked around and saw Lay and Gunwoo talking to each other and laughing. I walked over to them. “What’re you guys talking about?” They looked at me and Gunwoo suddenly got a huge grin on his face. “You were awesome up there. You can fight, dance, and rap. You’re quite the triple threat.” I laughed and thanked him. “Where’d Hyunsoo go?” “Ah, he had to go meet some friends. He wanted me to tell you ‘Noona is so cool! Please come see me again soon!’” I laughed. “Let him know that I will. Do you wanna get going now Lay?” He smiled and nodded. He preferred dancing to rapping, so he didn’t have much to do here tonight. I said goodbye to Gunwoo, and watched as Lay hugged him and said goodbye as well. We left and started to head home. “You guys became friends fast.” I said, smiling at him. “We had a lot in common.” Lay said, smiling back. “Hey, I don’t wanna go back just yet. Do you wanna go get something to eat?” I smiled and nodded; only just now realizing how hungry I was. We went and ate, and then he walked me home. He hugged me goodbye at my front door, and then went on his way. I went inside and up to my room. It was late by now, so I wasn't surprised to see Himchan’s lights off. I went into my room and got ready for bed.

 

 

 

 

 

Ah~! 1,000 views! You guys are all awesome! Thank you so much! Hugs all around~