Chapter 4

Hold On, my Warrior

 

 

Having gotten home safely, the rest of the day was peaceful. I managed to keep what had happened from my mom, and just told her I met some interesting people when she asked how my day had gone. I didn’t want her to worry about me. The next morning I was getting dressed, and suddenly groaned loudly. With everything that had happened yesterday, I had forgotten to get my uniform, as well as leaving my board in the classroom. All of a sudden, I heard the doorbell echo through the house. I heard my mom go answer it and begin conversing with whoever was at the door. My mom suddenly yelled out to me. “DoYeon! Get out here! There’s someone here for you!” Curious, I made my way towards the door, pulling a tank top on. When I reached the door, I was surprised to see Hyesu standing there holding a bag in one hand, with the other behind her back. “Hey DoYeon!” she said, smiling. She looked down at my tight tank top and laughed. “Well, I guess you really are a girl!” I stuck my tongue out at her. “What’s up? What are you doing here? And how the hell do you know where I live already?” She held up the bag jiggled it slightly, smiling. “I’ve got your poor forgotten uniform silly~ Kris told me yesterday that you had forgotten it, so I picked it up for you, as well as this baby” she brought out her other arm and revealed my board. I squealed and grabbed it, ecstatic. “And to answer your other question, I got your address from the office.” She handed the bag to me, and I accepted it, smiling. “Thanks! I was just worrying about what the teacher would say if she saw me in street clothes again.” “Hurry and get dressed! We’ll go pick up Sora on our way to school.” I did as she instructed, and soon we were off towards Sora’s house. She greeted us happily and then we set off for school. “For a second I thought Hyesu was walking with a new boy” Sora said laughing. “You really look even more like a boy with that uniform on. You really don’t like skirts, don’t you?” I laughed, looking down at my guy’s uniform. “Yeah, I’ve always felt more comfortable in pants.” Sora nodded, understanding. “So, what exactly happened yesterday when you were called out?” I relayed the story to them, and they both perked up when I mentioned Gunwoo. “Ooh~! Spill!” Sora said, excited. “Was he cute?!” “He was kind of rugged looking” I said, thinking back. The two of them sighed. “Aw, so not that good? What a shame.” Sora said, putting her arm around my shoulders and smirking. “DoYeon, don’t worry. We’re going to find you a hottie”. She winked, and I laughed, rolling my eyes. When we reached the school I noticed a few guys waiting outside the gates, examining everyone that walked past them. Knowing they were looking for me, I walked straight ahead anyways. They noticed me and ran to block my path. “Kim DoYeon! Himchan wants to ta-“ The guy was cut off as I kneed him in the balls and slammed the other two’s heads together. The three of them collapsed instantly, and I continued walking, emotionless. Sora and Hyesu caught up with me, laughing at the poor figures on the ground. The school was flooded with guys on the lookout for me, but we somehow managed to maneuver around all of them, remaining undetected. When we reached my classroom, we walked in to see Kris and Daehyun standing next to my desk, talking to SoHyun. SoHyun noticed me as I walked in and said something to the two boys, pointing at me. They turned around, saw me, and hurried over. “Hey DoYeon, how are you? What exactly happened yesterday?” Kris asked, anxious. I began to relay the story to them, but Kris interrupted as soon as I told him how I had punched Himchan. “You WHAT?! Jesus DoYeon. No wonder he’s got guys all around the school. You’re not going to get away from this scot-free, you know. He wouldn’t even let us talk to him yesterday, he was so pissed.” I dismissed his warning with a wave of my hand. “I don’t care. I’ll beat the out of him if he ever tries something like that again. Anyways, I don’t really care about that . I have something else I want to ask you guys.” We went back to my desk after the boys greeted their girlfriends, and the girls went on their way. “So what did you want to talk about?” Daehyun asked. “Do you know someone Park Gunwoo?” They looked at me, startled. “Park Gunwoo? Why do you want to know? How do you know that name?” I was surprised by their reactions. “I just wanted to know... he helped me out yesterday, and I was a bit curious.” The two of them looked at each other, and then Kris motioned to Daehyun, as if to say “Take it away”. “Well,” Daehyun started. “Park Gunwoo also goes by the street name Rasa. He’s our neighboring school’s jjang, and he and Himchan harbor a deep hatred for one another; their views and ways of doing things are so different. Unlike Himchan, Rasa became jjang by pure talent. They guy’s a beast. I’ve seen him take out about three times as many guys as you did yesterday, and come out of it with hardly a scratch on him.” I looked at him doubtfully. “Are you sure there isn’t another Park Gunwoo around here?” He looked at me quizzically. “No. Why?” “No reason...” I muttered, thinking back. There’s no way that clumsy dork could be this badass Daehyun’s talking about... The bell suddenly rang, and the guys went back to their desk. The door opened, but instead of our teacher walking in, someone else did. I watched, annoyed, as Himchan made his way down my aisle. He stopped right in front of my desk, grabbed the kid sitting in front of me, and yanked him out of his seat. Daehyun and Kris watched, stunned, as he sat backwards on the chair, resting his arms on the backrest and stared me down. I leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms. “What do you want?” I asked, my lips curling in disgust. “You and I need to have a talk.” He replied, resting his chin on his hand.