Chapter 26

Hold On, my Warrior

 

I stood in front of Woosuk and Jonghyo, frozen, my hands still planted on their desk. After a minute I was finally able to talk again. “So, let me get this straight: you guys are fighting Rasa, the guy who is known for being the best fighter around without any more reason than ‘Himchan said so’?” “Well,” Jonghyo said. “We’re not exactly fighting Rasa; we’re fighting his men.” I shot a hard glare at him, instantly shutting him up. I then straightened up, taking one last look at their bruises and bandages before storming out of the room, heading for Himchan’s class. I threw open the door, startling everyone in the room, searched for Himchan and, once I found him, stomped over to him, grabbing his arm and yanking him out of his seat. He started to protest, but one quick glare from me shut him right up. I dragged him out of the class, only to have Youngjae stand in my way. “What the hell do yo-” He was cut off as I threw him to the side, my stride not faulting in the least bit. I didn’t say a word as I dragged Himchan up the stairs and onto the roof. It was only then that I released him, pushing him in front of me as I slammed the door behind me. “What the hell was that abo-” I roughly grabbed his collar, lifting him up as I glared at him, our noses almost touching. “What the do you think you’re doing?” I spat out. “Right after I have this whole in conversation with you about how you shouldn’t act like such a to my friends with only prejudice backing you up, you go and start a in war with the very guy that I owe a lot to. What the is going through your thick skull?” He glared back defiantly at me. “I didn’t start the fight! Your faultless friend, Rasa, did!” I stared at him. “What the are you talking about?” He scoffed. “Your perfect friend called me out that night and practically accused me of slavery! He started yelling at me about things he doesn’t even know about and demanded that I ‘release’ you from being my bodyguard, and then severed our truce when I refused.” “Gunwoo did?” I asked, startled. “Yes, your precious Gunwoo did! Our schools have had a truce for years – even if we never liked each other – and he broke it because of you. So, when you see all of those guys in the hospital and beat up, you can thank yourself for that, and maybe think twice next time you think about making friends with the enemy.” There was a loud crack as I slapped his face, startling him. My hand went back to his collar, both of them gripping it even tighter. “You know what’s sad, Himchan? For a while there I was actually delusional enough to think that we were actually friends, and that you weren’t an insufferable . It looks like I was wrong on both counts.” I then shoved him away from me, giving him one last glare before turning around and leaving, heading back to my classroom. I was about 15 minutes late, and my teacher was pissed as I threw open the door, interrupting the class. I didn’t even bother trying to defend myself or apologize; I was way too pissed. I silently accepted the punishment she gave me and spent the rest of the hour in the hallway, my arms held above my head. As soon as the bell rang I stood, dropping my arms, and went into the classroom, sitting down at my desk as I avoided al the looks from my friends. I spent the rest of my classes sleeping and, as soon as the bell rang I was out of there. I made my way to the gates and had just passed through them when I heard someone call my name. “Kim Doyeon?” I stopped and looked at where the voice had come from; I saw a tall guy standing there – there’s no way he was in high school – holding something behind his back. “What do you want?” I asked, not in the mood for anything. He pulled his hand out from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of flowers. He handed them to me and turned, walking away, leaving me stunned. “What the was that about?” I muttered before dropping them to my side and walking home. When I arrived home I threw the flowers on the kitchen table and went up to my room, dropping my bag off. I quickly got changed, already having plans, when I suddenly heard my mom call up to me. “Doyeon? Are these flowers yours?” I sighed, walking downstairs. “Yeah, some guy gave them to me after school. I didn’t even know him.” “Oh~ how romantic! What did the card say?” Card? I looked at where she was pointing and saw a little white card, folded in half, tied to the bouquet. I pulled it off and opened it, reading what it said. I froze.

To My Little Kitty-Cat <3

I tore the piece of paper into as little of pieces as I could and grabbed the flowers, throwing them both in the trash. “What was that about?” My mom asked as I slammed the trashcan lid shut. “It’s nothing.” I said. “I’m going out.” I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving, heading to the club. I was a seething ball of rage by the time I reached the club, which was only enhanced by the fact that Gunwoo was nowhere to be found. I looked around the club, noticing there were fewer people there than usual. I debated going to his house or not, but I decided not to; I didn’t want to stoop to their level of idiocy and rudeness. I started heading back to my house, still incredibly frustrated. As I passed by an alley I heard some voices coming from it. I peered down it to see a group of guys leering at a girl, tugging at her clothing as she struggled to get away. Smirking, I cracked my neck and fingers and made my way over to them. “Excuse me,” I said, pushing my way through them and putting my arm around the girl, pulling her into me. “This lady has repeatedly refused you, so I kindly ask you all to off.” I flashed them a smile and one of them laughed. “Move along pretty boy; this isn’t any of your business. If you don’t get out of the way in three seconds, I will break your neck.” “Hmm those sound like fighting words. Are you prepared to back them up?” I asked, smirking as I moved the terrified girl behind me. One of them threw a punch at me, and I blocked it with ease, sending a swift punch into his gut, sending him to the ground. Two more attacked, and I brought them down with as much ease as the first. The rest glanced at each other, uneasy, but with a loud command from the guy who had threatened me they all attacked. I weaved through them all, dodging their fists and sending them all to the ground. I was suddenly standing in front of the loudmouth, smirking at his surprised face. He started to say something – I’m sure it was some pathetic plead to spare him – but I cut him off with a heavy punch to the face, breaking his nose. He yelled incoherencies as he held his bleeding nose, but I ignored him and turned back to the girl who had collapsed sometime during the fight and was staring wide-eyed at the s on the ground. I smiled sweetly at her and offered her my hand. Stunned, she took it slowly, and I helped her up. “You should get back home now.” I said, and she nodded. “Thank you.” She squeaked before quickly bowing and running away, casting one last look at the guys in pain on the ground. Some of my anger released, I now felt comfortable in heading back home. Breathing in the cool air, I went home and made my way up to my room, plopping down on my bed, thinking about what tomorrow would hold in store.

 

 

Holy , two updates in two days! I'm on a roll! Sorry this one's a bit short; I'll make it up to you with some intense and stuff soon~