(vii) hardly ever imagined

florilegium ✈

prompt: Imagine Person A of your OTP having to kill Person B because of duty.

pairing: taostal

he knows she knows.

it’s actually pretty simple and fast, tao didn’t have time to process every single thing. his assignment has been to kill jung soojung—that’s all. there were no warnings or cautions to take, so, of course, tao was confident he could finish this in a week. after all, he wasn’t mr. one-shot-one-kill for nothing. he takes care and finishes his job neatly, leaving no evidence and no attachments.

when he first started, he was warned about bad guys with guns and knives and deadly weapons meandering everywhere, but never the ones with pretty smiles and a heart.

jung soojung came in a form of a human with the most beautiful eyes. her hair was long, shiny and smooth through tao’s calloused hands. her lips were the softest, the most stunning red, and tao never thought he’d get addicted to her kisses. her hands, her legs—everything about her was perfect. faultless even. tao has lost the battle from the very start.

even so, orders are orders. an assassin’s job is to kill; it’s purpose to live is to take another’s life. how ironic it is.

one day, while they set on an adventure beneath the white sheets, soojung traces the scars on tao’s chest lightly, gently like a puzzle, as if she’s trying to figure him out. tao doesn’t refuse, instead, he’s willing to give anything for a life with her—for an actual life: waking up on mornings with her next to him and morning or breakfast in bed, afternoons spent in showers or shower or just her in particular, and evenings, where he comes home safely without blood in his hands, and before sleeping and cuddling.

“i think i love you,” she blurts out, and that’s when he knew she knew.

 

it’s the end of the week and the deadline is approaching fast; tao is running out of time.

 

this morning, right before tao left her room, something she said had been stuck in his mind for a little while. until now, he has no clue of what she meant by those words.

and as he situates himself in a lonely place, sprawled out, L115SA3 AWM sniper in hand, tears start to gather in his eyes. there is nothing heavier than his heart at the moment, especially when he struggles to run from seconds in pulling the trigger.

through the scope, the world has never been smaller and clearer for him. it jumps from one person to another, but they’re of no interest to him, so he jumps and jumps until it rests on her. and suddenly, the world is so small and fragile, his heart on his throat, and he realizes that this must be what love feels like.

he watches her turn, and coincidentally, she looks up, as if she knows he’s looking at her through the hole. a genuine smile sprawls on her lips.

 

“we met at the wrong time,” she mutters, but he knows she’s sincere. “that’s what i keep telling myself anyway. maybe few years from now, we’ll meet in a coffee shop somewhere far away and we could give it another shot.”

 

 

her blood is in his hands, indeed.


actually i've published this on my lj lol ;; i wasn't particularly confident in writing this, but i really wanted to, because i could imagine how hard it was for tao to kill the person who made him feel normal, who made him feel it was okay to be human and actually not kill people. yeah ;;

anyway guys if you have questions, ask me here or talk to me on twitter @omfgphysics.