(xii) white shirt

florilegium ✈

prompt: Imagine person A of your OTP wearing nothing but a shirt or jacket of person B’s, which is baggy or oversized on them. Person B comes home to see Person A curled up on the couch asleep like this, and finds it absolutely adorable.

pairing: kristal

because work is getting hectic these past few days, kris decides to ask for the spare key to their flat so he doesn’t have to wake her up. with the nonstop invasion of new technology brands these days, the employees were asked to stay behind and come up with new strategies to outshine the other products. kris, unfortunately, is one of them.

headaches visit kris frequently, especially when he’s faced the computer for at least more than six hours, which is pretty much unhealthy. his eyes ache, too, and they feel heavy, so the only thing he wants right now is sleep.

it’s almost two-thirty in the morning when he arrives at their flat, quiet and cold. his shoulders are hunched, laden with exhaustion and pain, but he thinks that in the end, the pay will be worth it—just a few more weeks. the door clicks and opens, and kris makes sure he doesn’t make the slightest noise. although soojung might be in the room sleeping, he still doesn’t want to wake her up.

silently tossing his briefcase to the side, kris walks to the kitchen first for leftovers. he could use some chinese takeout right now, or just basically anything soojung has cooked. but he stops the instant he hears a snore from somewhere.

pausing, kris tilts his head to the side to check whether or not he heard someone snoring, or just a figment of his imagination. but when he hears another snore, he decides to follow where it came from, quietly, because right now, he’s still uncertain. what if he’s just making it up and soojung is actually in their room, and not in the living room since it’s where the snores are coming from.

oh.

kris stops, and immediately, a simple wave of bliss washes over him.

lying on the couch, all curled up in a fetus position, is soojung in his favorite white plain shirt. from what he can see, she must have been in a hurry, or in a daze, because she didn’t prepare a blanket to warm her up. there’s also an empty cup of coffee on the table, to which she must have forgotten to put in the sink.

nevertheless, watching her like this is a very pleasant sight for him. a smile sprawls on his lips as he approaches her carefully, and when he’s finally close, he leans in a little closer and leaves a kiss on her cheek, thinking how just goddamn lucky he was, is, and always will be, to have her.