(xxvii) cuddles

florilegium ✈

prompt: Imagine Person A of your OTP isn’t feeling well, so Person B comes over and the cuddle and watch movies all day until Person A falls asleep.

pairing: kaistal

it takes krystal ten minutes to travel from her apartment to his.

ten minutes because she’s asked the guard to hail a cab for her while she’s wearing clothes and grabbing the relevant things to bring when someone is sick. ten minutes because the moment she’s stuck in a hopeless traffic, she immediately exits the car (after paying, of course) and sprints for her dear life. ten minutes because a lot of things can happen within that period.

she arrives at his apartment in ten minutes, panting and sweaty and tired. but the exhaustion immediately vanishes once she’s reminded that he needed her at this moment.

she finds jongin lying on the couch, pale and coughing and very sick, with the TV . his face brightens up and softens when he spots her, showing his feeble toothy grin.

“how are you feeling?” she asks him the instant she’s on her knees, her left hand rubbing circles on his arm and the other running through his hair.

jongin offers a weak smile. “worse,” he replies. “it’s cold even though i’ve turned the heater on.” she notices him shivering despite the bead of sweat forming on his forehead. he scrutinizes her face. “why are you sweating?”

“i ran,” was her short reply. she rummages her bag for the thick blankets she brought over and placed it on top of him.

“why would you run from your apartment all the way here?” he reaches out his hand to her, wipes the sweat off her face and tucks a strand behind her ear. “you’re just going to tire yourself out.”

“if it’s for you, i don’t care, jongin.”

“it’s just a fever. i’m not going to die.”

she pouts. “a fever is still something to be worried about. we never know what happens, okay.” in a small voice, she adds, “and losing you is something i’m scared of.”

he grins heartily. “oh, my god. why are you so cute? i could kiss you senseless if i weren’t sick.”

her eyes forming crescents, she shoots him a smug smile and leans closer. “then kiss me.”

“and get you sick? no thanks!” he exclaims, only to burst out coughing. “although it’s tempting.”

she giggles. “you’re silly. i’ll be right back, okay?” before she stands up, she leans over to kiss him on the cheek but he stops her first—“you’ll get sick!” he says but she just laughs it off and gives him a quick one on the nose instead.

he pouts, secretly wishing he wasn’t sick so he could actually kiss her senseless.

 

 

 

a couple of hours later, after krystal is successful at preparing an edible soup for him to eat and making him eat, she joins jongin on the couch. because he’s sick and weak at the moment, she offers to move the couch in a comfortable position facing the TV screen. he refuses at first but she stood her ground, and eventually won.

once they’re settled, with jongin in between krystal’s legs this time, his head resting just by her s so her chin is resting on top of his head, her arms wrapped around him to provide him the warmth he needed, and the blankets she brought, the couple quietly watches the movie playing and filling the quiet atmosphere.

 

 

“thank you,” he whispers few minutes later, still cuddled up against krystal.

“it’s no big deal, jongin.” she puts her hand on her cheek, slightly inclines her head and places a sweet kiss. in response, he nuzzles his cheek against her hand.

“it is to me, baby,” he chuckles. “i love you.”

“i love you, too.”

“i love you more,” he says, and repeats it several times until he gradually falls asleep, contented and safe and better, in her arms.


everybody misses kaistal so here it is!!! i hope it's ok omg this seems rushed but i promise i'll make sth better int he future!

for the mean time check this out, yeah?