(v) catching erasers

florilegium ✈

prompt: imagine your otp being in class with Person A trying to pay attention to the teacher but can’t because Person B is distracting them by sending mushy love texts and/or notes. Both end up getting caught and pound erasers after class as punishment.

pairing: baekstal

 

it goes like this—soojung dislikes losing focus in class, especially in the middle of important lectures, but then there is also naughty baekhyun, who likes to distract soojung by sending her mushy love notes in the middle of classes, whether it’ll be exams, homework, projects or basically just about anything. there’s something about the way soojung’s eyebrows furrow together that baekhyun finds cute.

so right now, while the teacher is busy explaining the different formulas to find the area and the volume of a rectangular cuboid, baekhyun starts by tearing a little part from a page of his notebook and scribbling sappy pick-up lines.

he calls out her name, peeks at the teacher, and when the teacher’s attention on someone else, he immediately tosses the crumpled paper at her table. upon receiving, soojung looks up and then throws baekhyun a warning look; he only smirks in response.

she opens the paper curiously.

written in baek’s familiar messy handwriting—my love for you is like a concave up function because it is always increasing.

annoyed but secretly liking it, she flashes baekhyun a look and mouths stop it. but baekhyun doesn’t even really care, so instead of stopping or complying to her request, he puckers his lips up and blows her a kiss. ever since they started dating, baekhyun starts to show this part of him—the greasy part where he makes up pick-up lines that relate to their situation. for example, it’s maths class, so his pick-up line is on the subject.

she throws the paper back at him while he only laughs. stop it, she warns him, but she knows he won’t really.

 

 

seconds later, another paper follows.

my love for you is like a pi—it’s never ending.

and then another.

i am equivalent to the empty set when you are not with me.

and another.

being without you is like being a metric space in which exists a cauchy sequence that does not converge.

he just doesn’t stop; she sighs wearily.

“seriously stop it!” it comes out as a shriek, but not too quiet either so it doesn’t end right for soojung when the teacher hears her. all of the students turn to look at her with curious eyes while she can only cover her face in embarrassment. how can she let baekhyun manipulate her like this? she can actually imagine him laughing from the back.

the teacher glares at her as she approaches, her arms crossed. apparently, the crumpled papers are still on her desk so one can only imagine the dissatisfied look on the teacher’s face when she realizes soojung hasn’t been paying attention.

“my love for you is like a pi—it’s never ending,” the teacher reads one of them out loud, earning a scattered ripple of laughter and chortles and reactions. “miss soojung, what, may i ask, is this?”

“oh, it’s mine, mrs. ahn,” baekhyun raises his hand confidently, not caring of the consequences.

the teacher shifts her attention to him, one hand holding the paper up and the other on her hip, and demands an explanation. despite baekhyun’s impish behavior, the teacher can’t do anything about his actions mainly because baekhyun is actually one of the top students in class. yes, he’s blunt and a rabble-rouser, sometimes, but he does his best in everything he does.

“detention,” the teacher concludes, irritated at the fact that he can’t lay a more severe punishment for the two, “both of you. after class.”

 

 

“i hate you,” she mutters hours later as she starts picking up the pieces of papers dispersed everywhere in the room. after the classes are over, they meet again to start cleaning the room with soojung still upset and baekhyun confidently striding across the room.

baekhyun chuckles. “why? how can you even hate your boyfriend?”

“i planned to go home right after class is over,” she explains, frowning, “and study for the exams tomorrow. and then you had to write me those disgusting love notes and now we’re in detention.”

chortling, baekhyun tries his best not to squeeze the living daylights out of her right then and there because she’s just so cute like that. instead, he bends down to her level and puts his arm around her shoulder.

“we can go study together,” he suggests, giving a light kiss on her temple. “after this.”

“i’m still mad at you.”

“aw, come on,” baekhyun side-hugs her, pouting because he knows she can’t resist his charm. “i promise i’ll buy you meat and ice cream.”

her eyes sparkle at the mention of the food. “really? you promise?”

and just like that, the problem is solved.

 

 

“you know sometimes, i actually wonder whether you’d choose food over your boyfriend,” baekhyun complains, but soojung doesn’t listen as she continues picking out the trash while chanting meats and ice creams like a mantra.


prompt from imagine-your-otp tumblr c: so yeah like i changed their punishment, made them pick up trashes on the floor instead woohoooo.