(xxiv) shower date

florilegium ✈

prompt: when tao asks you to accompany him to the shower only because the other hyungs won't go with him. (exotics-imagine)

pairing: taostal

“ge, can you please shower-”

“no.”

“ge-”

“don’t even think about it.”

“sehun, ple-”

“dude, come on. your girlfriend’s there; be a man.”

tao lets out an exasperated sigh, scratching the back of his head. it’s not even that dark outside but he’s already feeling scared. he should’ve showered earlier when it was still bright outside, and when soojung wasn’t here. and now he’s feeling icky, unclean and annoyed, because he really wants to take a shower but none of the guys will come with him.

frowning, tao drags himself towards the couch where soojung is and throws himself beside her. he really, really, really wants to take a shower but the possibility of seeing the same things he saw the last time he asked kris to be with him is holding him back.

“this is so sad,” he mutters.

“what’s sad,” soojung asks distractedly, her eyes glued on the game.

“i really want to take a shower.”

“then go shower.”

“but.”

“but what.”

“but none of the hyungs want to come with me.”

soojung chuckles shortly. “why would you want them to come with you? i’d want to hog the shower if i could back in our dorm.”

“no, it’s just that…” he groans. “i really don’t want to shower alone.”

finally, a few seconds of not answering, soojung gazes at him. “i’m not going with you either.”

tao scrunches his nose in disappointment, but he doesn’t stop there. turning around to face his girlfriend, he grabs both of her hands together and places it on his chest. “soojung, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee,” he begs, blinking rapidly. “please, please, please, please shower with meeeeeeeeeeee.”

soojung scoffs. “do you know how wrong that sounds?”

tao pouts. “okay, maybe not shower with me but just come to the bathroom. you can play any games on my phone or play music or do anything you want as long as you wait outside.”

“but i-”

“i will bbuing bbuing your heart out if you-”

“fine.”

 

 

kris departs his room with an empty stomach, and then proceeds to the kitchen to look for something edible. a couple of minutes ago, he heard tao whining and begging the others to shower with him despite the fact that his girlfriend was there, and he made sure his room was locked so tao wouldn’t disturb.

now he’s a little surprised no signs of tao in the living room—and he doesn’t hear his complaints and whines either.

maybe he’s gone out with soojung, he thinks as he strolls down the hallway-

, , !

oh no!

kris jolts into a halt, startled at the sounds coming from the shower. i think i just heard soojung, he ponders, and then five seconds later, realization dawns on him. he gulps nervously. there are hundreds of questions running through his mind right now and one of them is what the is tao doing with soojung in the shower oh my god people are gonna find out and the manager hyung will cut tao’s balls for doing inappropriate things with an innocent girl.

quickly, kris sprints for the bathroom, nervous and hopeful and a little mad at tao for doing this reckless thing in a place where anyone walking by could hear them.

“tao!”

sitting on the ground is soojung—she flashes him an innocent, bright smile—with tao’s phone in her hands, obviously concentrated in a game earlier before kris appeared out of nowhere. then, kris spots tao inside the shower, humming with the song playing in the background.

tao’s head pops out of the curtain. “oh, were you looking for me, ge?”

kris exhales sharply. “why is soojung here with you?”

“because no one else wants to shower with me,” tao replies innocently, glancing at soojung then back to kris. “i asked my girlfriend to come.”

“tao, i swear i-” kris pauses, not knowing whether to be angry or feel relieved or laugh. “can you just drag someone else—a boy specifically”—he extends one hand to soojung to help her up—“to accompany you in the shower? not soojung.”

“why not?” tao purses his lips. “she seems to be okay with it.”

“only because you let me play in your phone,” soojung says. then, she turns to kris. “but really though, it’s okay. i’m just outside and there’s a curtain so there’s nothing really for me to see.”

“even so,” kris insists, glaring at tao. he tugs on soojung’s wrist. “you’re coming with me to the kitchen.”

“but ge!” tao widens his eyes, suddenly thinking of all the ghosts coming after him. “i’m almost done showeri—hey! don’t hold soojung’s hand like that!