(xviii) bed and floor

florilegium ✈

i seriously blame gab for giving me chenstal feels like i wan tto slap her on the face yet squish the life out of her

can you feel the love like srsly (gab this is for you, in other words)

so like yeah ew fluff and all yes omg my writing skills are rustic omf kthanxbai x


prompt: Imagine your OTP is staying at a cabin, where’s there’s only one bed, and person A decides to let person B have the bed, so person A ends up sleeping on the floor. But in the middle of the night person B feels bad, so they grab the covers and crawl into the floor and cuddle up beside person A.

pairing: chenstal

“there’s only one bed.”

a little flustered, krystal decides to look somewhere else or anywhere but chen because she’s embarrassed and he’s probably got this smug look on his face which annoys (yet amuses) the hell out of her. chen’s usually playful with his words, coating them with his unnecessary ual implications; it always leaves krystal embarrassed or at a loss for words.

nevertheless, krystal’s still attached to him—like a magnet, and although her affection for him can be quite questionable by some people most of the time, she doesn’t care. she doesn’t live to please other people, but herself.

“uh, you can sleep on the bed and i’ll sleep on the couch,” she suggests, already walking away so chen doesn’t add irrelevant remarks.

but chen is… chen.

he smirks. “what if we sleep on the bed together and have a good night sleep?”

frowning, krystal shoots him an exasperated look because she’s really uncomfortable. though they’ve been dating for years now, chen has been surprisingly patient despite having been -deprived for months. he’s basically discarded the random hookups and joined in the wagon of temporary abstinence, which krystal is grateful of.

noticing the look on her face, chen approaches her with a sorry expression, cups her face in both his hands and rests his forehead on hers. “okay, i was kidding,” he whispers, his warm breath on her face. “i know you’re not ready and i’m willing to wait. what i was trying to say earlier was that we could just sleep. like sleep and snoring and doing things that include sleeping.”

“i’m sorry,” she whispers back, feeling even sorrier than before.

chen laughs. “i don’t know what you’re sorry for but really, i can wait. i made a promise, soojung. i know you think promises can be broken but i won’t break it. for you. because you mean that much to me, and i really hope you know that.”

krystal smiles back, genuinely, and although i love you is left unsaid, it’s implicit.

“i’ll sleep on the floor instead,” he suggests, much to krystal’s dismay.

“no! i’ll sleep on the floor.”

“krys, you’ve got the bed. stop.”

“seriously, chen. i’ll sleep on the floor and you get the bed.”

“can you stop arguing with me.”

“but i-”

“i will rip your clothes off you if you don’t get on the bed this instant.”

“okay, okay. i got it the first time.” her red cheeks flaring, krystal sprints for the bed and jumps, hugging the pillow against her chest. chen bids her good night with a kiss and sweet words that krystal finds irrelevant yet thoughtful of him, and finally, he turns the lights off.

 

but krystal can’t sleep.

she rolls over restlessly, forcing herself to sleep every now and then, but nothing works. and then, she finds chen sleeping soundly, his eyebrows rather furrowed together, so suddenly she thinks of a great idea.

with two pillows in between both arms, krystal quietly gets off the bed and tiptoes towards chen. she positions the pillows, one for her head and the other on her right to protect her from monsters just below the bed. and then, at long last, slumber starts to prance around her as she snuggles against his chest, warm and loved and happy.