(xiii) conviction

florilegium ✈

prompt: Imagine person A of your OTP finally coming home after a long tour of duty overseas, and finally seeing person B standing on the other side of airport security, crying with happiness.

pairing: lustal

soojung chews on her bottom lip for the third time today, her eyes focused at the little cracks on the ground. luhan will be appearing through those double doors in a few minutes—finally­­—after what seemed like years and years of duty overseas.

it’s not that soojung doesn’t applaud luhan’s hard work.

but soojung has always hated the fact that luhan has to go somewhere far away, a place where it constantly brings soojung unwelcomed worries, subtly drilling a hole in her heart. she loves him. she does. sometimes, a bit too much, but even she can’t control her own heart.

so when she remembers five years ago, luhan wearing that camouflage suit, his eyes donning sincerity, determination to save a country which he doesn’t belong to and, most of all, bravery, soojung also remembers her heart having little cracks (like the ones on the ground) and threatening to break more, more, more.

the fear in her heart never left, just like the love she has for him since the beginning.

luhan is a brave man, a lost soul who is determined to protect something that was never his, yet his innocence and conviction stand out—it’s what she loves most about him; it’s also what she fears most because it can, in any way, kill him.

the few minutes are suddenly over, and soojung’s heart races a little when she sees the double doors open. a crowd of camouflage suits, all painted with relief and bliss and home, emerge along with the cries and tears of joy from their loved ones. soojung waits patiently (and teary-eyed).

and it is then, when an awfully familiar-looking man comes out, his presence sewn with honor and longing, soojung looks up. her hankering eyes meet lovely, earnest ones; a heartbreaking smile sprawls on her lips.

she doesn’t wait though, because even when luhan hasn’t taken three more steps, soojung is running, breaking and pushing her way through the hugging and crying crowd, past the screaming guards and the short-lived rails that acts as the wall between them.

(the crowd doesn’t care though; instead, they make way because they understand.)

—and finally, at long, long, long last, she is standing right before him, right before the man she loved and will love forever until she stops breathing.

“luhan,” she whispers, softly, her voice breaking.

his eyes glisten, reflecting the love in her eyes. “soojung.”

it’s that voice she’s longed to hear. he’s really here—tears run down her cheeks as she throws herself to him, her hands wrapped around his neck for dear life. luhan, in response, tangles his arms around her petite body, missing that warmth dreadfully, that feeling of finally being home, while he takes in her aroma, her scent, her crying face, her red nose—everything.

i love you, i love you, i love you.

 

(they don’t notice the crowd—how one father, who has taken him over ten years to finally see his kids growing up to teenagers and his wife who’s grown more beautifully, stops and pauses to gaze over them lovingly; or how one couple smile at them, too, because they know how hard it must have been for them, for both.

luhan and soojung don’t notice anyone anymore, because it’s just them against the world this time.)


i'm not sure how lustal formed but a lot of you requested for it???

nevertheless, i've finally made one, and alas, here it is. i hope you enjoy x