(xi) two and a baby

florilegium ✈

prompt: Imagine your OTP making their kids making lunch and Person A is making a healthy lunch while Person B keeps slipping in junk food in the bag.

pairing: kaistal

“hey, mom.”

looking up, soojung sees her little boy emerging from the living room with sleepy eyes and messy hair. even though it’s not evident, she knows jungsoo is extremely nervous right now for his first day in primary school. he bites his fingers every now and then—a habit that comes out when he’s anxious.

“just in time,” she announces as she approaches him to fix his hair, “i’m about done with your lunchbox. also, what happened with your hair? i thought your daddy’s going to fix it for you.”

jungsoo pouts, his eyes traveling to the food set on the table. “he did, i guess.”

“well, honey,” she teases. “he did a pretty bad job with it.”

“i heard my name and now-” jongin comes barging in with their second child clinging at his back. he dons a superman pose, earning hearty laughs from jungsoo and joon, while soojung only rolls her eyes at his husband’s ridiculous antics. “-super jongin is here to save the day!” and then laughs with his hands on his hips.

looming towards them, soojung grabs joon from jongin’s back. “please, jongin. you’re going to wake the neighbors up—which i don’t need right now. also, get soohyun for me. she’s probably awake by now.”

jongin knows his wife is teasing, so to entertain his kids, he plays along and feigns a pout while following her. “what, don’t i get a kiss, at least? we’ve been awake since four and never once did you greet me with a kiss. right now, that’s what i need to wake soohyun.”

“you were successful in waking joon up,” she states, to which jungsoo smirked, “i think you can handle soohyun.”

joon is too busy with his cereal to even react.

jongin turns to jungsoo. “jungsoo-ah, don’t you think daddy needs a little strength from mommy?”

smirking, jungsoo teases, “dad, you’ve managed so far. i think one more wouldn’t be a problem,” and then innocently proceeds to drinking his milk.

jongin pouts. “hey! babe, i swear jungsoo takes so much from you. i mean, where did he learn to smirk? i’ve never taught him that! he’s going to grow up and kill fan girls one day.”

rolling her eyes, soojung attempts to finish packing jungsoo’s lunchbox. “would you please get soohyun already? she might be hungry now. i think i heard her crying.”

“oh, hey.” jongin notices the adorable tic-tac-toe bento lunch box. “that’s super cute.”

“yeah,” jungsoo speaks up, “but mom packs me all the healthy ones though.”

“why not? they’re good for you, jungsoo. don’t even start.”

“well, i think jungsoo could use some unhealthy snacks,” jongin pipes in, winking at jungsoo.

soojung groans when she sees jongin putting some crackers and other junk foods in his lunch box. “hey- hey! don’t touch it. didn’t i tell you to wake—see? i told you soohyun’s crying.” irritated, soojung opts to get soohyun from her crib instead.

when soojung disappears, jongin immediately decides to use this chance and slips in some junk foods inside jungsoo’s lunch box, to which jungsoo agrees wholeheartedly. jongin makes a don’t tell your mom gesture, and jungsoo nods too excitedly. seeing his hyung do it, joon also nods and giggles without knowing the reason why.

as soohyun’s loud cries get louder, jongin knows soojung’s close, so to avoid getting caught, he quickly places the lunchbox right next to jungsoo’s. soojung doesn’t notice anything, and it’s all thanks to soohyun.

 

 

“i’m going to stop buying those junk food if you do it one more time, jongin, i swear-” soojung puffs, annoyed, after jongin spills the beans. not knowing anything, joon and soohyun giggle and laugh at them with raised fists.

sneakily, jongin snakes his arms around her waist and nuzzles his face in the area between her shoulder and chin. “babe, please don’t be mad at me.”

“no, jongin,” she snaps. “don’t do this nuzzle thing. the last time we did this, we had soohyun nine months later. you can’t always use this option to escape from the trouble you brought to yourself, okay.”

caught off-guard, jongin can only laugh, wondering how he got so lucky to have her.


uni will be starting tmr so expect slow updates ;n;